AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-13, 12:45   Link #61
EroKing

Actually, I was just thinking of how you would be as an anime character while watching at around the 11:30 mark
Old 2012-01-13, 12:59   Link #62
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Actually, I was just thinking of how you would be as an anime character while watching at around the 11:30 mark
Oh, you should see what might happen in the future. It gets better and better with Nobara-san.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 13:10   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ririchiyo is bloody cute and the setting somehow reminds me of xxxHolic....yes, I think I'll like this...
Old 2012-01-13, 15:52   Link #64
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
hmm what a surprise. At first I was like, an rich girl and a butler, this is going to become something like Hayate no Gotoku but half way through the plot got interesting. This anime is something special, I hope it'll deliver a good storyline.

Kuroneko is sure win. Inyuasha as a bodyguard, lol
Old 2012-01-13, 16:02   Link #65
ookamigirl

This one look really interesting!
That Inu guy sure is consistent LOL & totally adorable/cute.
There were some pretty weird characters, but they were all kinda fun ^^
The only sad thing was her past, the rest was just opposite.
Will be watching this one!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:21   Link #66
Sol Falling

Didn't realize this was getting an anime. I kept up with the manga for awhile; it had a lot of somewhat generic feeling shoujo elements, but Ririchiyo looks too good for me to give it up completely. I'm behind by a couple chapters now but I guess I'll give it another go with the anime.

(Shit, I've picked up way too many of the first episodes this season, lol. Like, 7 or 8 or so, damn. I should probably start cutting some of them, but for now this series can go on the pile.)
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:45   Link #67
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I've been making the rounds on the new series for the winter, and that worked out great for me, since I didn't know what to expect in this series. Soushi sold me pretty early on with the potential comedy from such an absurd character to counteract Ririchio's tongue. I was almost convinced I was watching a bizarre kind of Taming of the Shrew until the third act caught me off-guard.

There's a lot of decent anime out there right now, but not many I can actually say I'm excited to see more of. I'm going to try to avoid spoiling myself on the source material, and just see how the animation plays out.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 22:11   Link #68
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A cute girl moving on her own with a weirdo who seem like being called a dog
Old 2012-01-13, 23:02   Link #69
Meepy
stupid & obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by julez View Post
She realized she needed to change, but at the same time felt very afraid of what that entailed. If she takes the risk of moving out of her comfort zone by overcoming her bad habit and STILL gets rejected or liked just because of her family's money, that would be an even bigger blow to her self worth. Therefore she wanted to avoid interacting with people, so she would never have to face that. This way she still has hope to cling on to, that maybe someday if she overcomes her bad habit things will be different, but not today because she's not ready.
You are right that the only way she will learn to socialize better is by constantly interacting with people, AND she will begin to love herself in the process. That is probably what will happen over the course of the series, at least that's what I'm hoping for.
I thought her move to the Maison was because she decided to change herself? Or at least that's what I got from it -- I certainly don't remember what happened in the manga that well anymore. I should probably pay more attention to the anime then, pfft. I was also under the assumption that Ririchiyo's been thinking about the barriers she's put up for a while now since it's brought to the audience's attention immediately.

Either way, she's pretty much avoiding the matter at hand at the moment. Maybe subconsciously since she believes that what she's doing will help (or at least says she does). But hey, it's very relatable; I definitely understand Ririchiyo's reluctance/basically what you said then. ( Her family doesn't seem like the type to approve of her moving out, though. . . )
At least she's already a step ahead of most heroines. I can't wait to see her character development. And it certainly does look like Miketsukami will be the one to pull her out of her shell slowly.

Ah. . . is her name spelled Ririchiyo or Ririchou? I prefer the latter, to be honest.
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 23:41   Link #70
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meepy View Post
Ah. . . is her name spelled Ririchiyo or Ririchou? I prefer the latter, to be honest.
Ririchiyo. The author even clarifies it in the author's notes to volume 2.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:55   Link #71
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Just finished watching this(and I put it on my watch list yesterday after hearing about the first episode).

I like how Ririchiyo's look reminds me of Kuroneko(as others have pointed out) and I like that she's aware that it's a "bad habit" of hers to be a sharp-tongue tsundere(and thankfully not the violent variety). I was quite charmed by her, and the cuts to SD versions of them for comedy is actually well-done I think. The bodyguard with the different colored eyes and the Twilight sparkles was funny to me in how sincere he is in how he overly compliments her and treats her like she's his only reason for living. I think I laughed the third or forth time I saw him do the "bishie sparkles" thing when talking to Ririchiyo.

The yuki-onna Secret Service person stole every scene she was in too. I loved how she put down one of the burglers. Then the skeleton girl proved that you don't mess with her either.

The music at the end(is that the OP?) was one of the better ones that I have heard this season. I am definately going to follow this. I want to see what happens with Ririchiyo and the other youkai that live in that building.

I give it the first episode 9/10 for being entertaining and possibly being of the better series this season.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 00:20   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

So my third anime to watch this season and soooo glad I picked this one, it was great viewing from the get go and I think I'm really gonna like this one.

Riri-chan is moe personified, she's ground zero for diabetes

However I have to say I think I'm probably gonna like Soushi the most, I actually totally grinned in amusment at his anitcs in ever scene.
I do think a

will bloom between me and Souchi
Never thought I would like sparkles enmanating from a man ever again but I got no probs with it here

FYI in no way am I gay for Souchi but there will be guys that appear that I can't help but really like more than the most busty or most moe girls there are. I'd say he's one of them.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:37   Link #73
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
FYI in no way am I gay for Souchi but there will be guys that appear that I can't help but really like more than the most busty or most moe girls there are. I'd say he's one of them.
I know right? Gonna love Ririchiyo tsunshun attitude and Souchi emitting bishi sparkles
Nice first episode.

Last edited by Kagura89; 2012-01-14 at 11:54.
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 11:35   Link #74
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
There's actually a few tenants who haven't popped up yet but I'd imagine they'll show up in the next few episodes, do you want me to PM you anyway?
Oooh, more tenants? In that case, nevermind then, I'll take it as I go.

Quote:
Spoiler for save space:
Yeah, seems confirmed that I'm drawn to long black-haired pettankos. Thought KamiMemo was just pure fluke.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 13:35   Link #75
Meepy
stupid & obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Ririchiyo. The author even clarifies it in the author's notes to volume 2.
Ah, thank you. I wasn't really sure since I've seen both. And if I read that author's note, I definitely forgot.
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 15:27   Link #76
00Coyote

Long black hair, sharp tongue, yet not caught up in her own words, showing restrain to violent behavior and a believable reaction to an overbearing masochist, with glowing eyes, slender legs, and excellent taste in sleepwear.

Keep it up David Productions, you have my full and undivided attention.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 18:35   Link #77
Excorsism

Yukino is amazing, what a sexy transformation, .
Old 2012-01-14, 19:35   Link #78
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scan:
Old 2012-01-14, 23:25   Link #79
Sumeragi
Banned

For some reason I like this:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 03:09   Link #80
Mubyoshi

Quote:

Something to calm you down
I spy with my little eyes... TWO LEFT FEET!!
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen