AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-10-11, 22:50   Link #201
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Now reading: Clive & Dirk Cussler - Black Wind.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 03:48   Link #202
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I noticed that Under the Volcano can never be read in a semester; it's too stressful and too enervating - one needs vacation time to properly read that stream-of-consciouness masterpiece.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 08:46   Link #203
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Bought Kokkyo no minami, Taiyo no nishi by Haruka Murakami.
Gotta start reading it (Not in Japanese of course)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 09:05   Link #204
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Actually wait, I only know of 11 books that are currently out in the main series. Add to that the prequel, thats 12. Wheres the other 2 coming from?
It goes all thte way to 13, the Knife of Dreams... do you pay attention to the series at all? I have every book, and I have counted them... its 14 in all.
Old 2006-10-12, 09:22   Link #205
Retsoor

>> do you pay attention to the series at all?

New Spring and whatnot do not as such count in to the main series, the Knife of Dreams is the eleventh book. Lost, RJ has said that WoT will finish in the twelth book even if it's going to be a doorstopper (I'm paraphrasing here). That is, of course, if he doesn't kick the bucket of amyloidosis before that.

To whomever was surprised about Erikson's Malazan series being ten books, it's not ten books yet, it is a projected ten book series, six are out.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 09:25   Link #206
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just finished the Star Wars: Dark Nest Trilogy. I am saddened and dismayed by the Jedi Order. It's not what it used to be.

Spoiler for Progression of story...Huge spoiler!:
Old 2006-10-12, 09:26   Link #207
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post
>> do you pay attention to the series at all?

New Spring and whatnot do not as such count in to the main series, the Knife of Dreams is the eleventh book. Lost, RJ has said that WoT will finish in the twelth book even if it's going to be a doorstopper (I'm paraphrasing here). That is, of course, if he doesn't kick the bucket of amyloidosis before that.
I'll check it again, but I still don't think that's right. It could be that I'm think of another series and adding on extra books. Unfortunately, the series I'm reading are the same genre type of fantasy, so it could be that I'm including those accidentally.
Old 2006-10-12, 18:10   Link #208
..::Hacker::..
Alone, not Lonely

Location: Sitting by someone I'm in love with but can't have because he already shattered my heart
Send a message via MSN to ..::Hacker::.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..::Hacker::..
What i'm currently reading is:

The Other Side Of Darkness by Joan Lowery Nixon- it's about a girl who went into a comma and wakes up four years and wakes up to realize she is the only witness in her mothers murder.

Good book so far. I'm about 135 pages in so far!
..::Hacker::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 01:13   Link #209
..::Hacker::..
Alone, not Lonely

Location: Sitting by someone I'm in love with but can't have because he already shattered my heart
Send a message via MSN to ..::Hacker::.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..::Hacker::..
I just finished "Tho Other Side Of Darkness". It's really good. Now I'm reading Cloud Mountain.

I know I read alot. I do acually. I can read 199 words per minute
..::Hacker::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 12:13   Link #210
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity
do you pay attention to the series at all
-_- Yes, I'm sure I do; its been a long time but its made enough of an impact on me to remember it, and yes, I have the books (tho covered in an unhealthy layer of dust). Lets see, the current 11 books plus 1 for New Spring, that'll make it 12. Unless you bought the first book ( The Eye of the World) in two volumes, I remember it being released as such. So that would make 13. The only other book I can think of would be the official WOT guidebook, or something like that. Heh, post the titles of your 14 books and enlighten me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post
Lost, RJ has said that WoT will finish in the twelth book even if it's going to be a doorstopper (I'm paraphrasing here). That is, of course, if he doesn't kick the bucket of amyloidosis before that.
I certainly hope nothing happens to him before he publishes the last book. I loved the series up to the third book (Book 3: The Dragon Reborn was just spectacular), sadly from there it started to become so-so average. In the least, I like how the characters changed with the books, and he managed to keep up the atmosphere; just hated the way he could ramble on and on without getting anywhere further into the story. Ah, I just want closure for Rand. Does anyone else want him to return to Two Rivers and be reunited with his Dad as much as I do?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 09:03   Link #211
emothekat
Has a Muffin

Location: I am currently glued to my comp. chair...does that answer you question? T_T *muffin*
I just finished Peaches by Jodi Anderson
It was pretty Good
Now I'm reading Witness for a book report. It's about Amerca during the time the Klu Klux Klan existed
I'm also reading Animal Farm in my spare time ^_^
emothekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 09:11   Link #212
crystar
*yawns*

Just finished Mattimeo from Brian Jacque's Redwall series. Moved on to Mariel of Redwall from the same series, which is a lot of books. Good fantasy read though.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 12:21   Link #213
katsumi
ghostly member

Just finished Prior bad acts by Tami Hoag and am now picking up Naomi Klein's No Logo. Non - fiction as a break from crime&suspense
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 08:20   Link #214
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post
Just finished Mattimeo from Brian Jacque's Redwall series. Moved on to Mariel of Redwall from the same series, which is a lot of books. Good fantasy read though.
I read those back in high school and liked them, so right now I'm re-reading Redwall. I still remember the shock I got from Marlfox: I saw the cover with frolicking bunnies and picnic baskets and thought, "Oh goodie, this is going to be like an Enid Blyton story." 10 pages later:
Old 2006-10-16, 09:37   Link #215
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
-_- Yes, I'm sure I do; its been a long time but its made enough of an impact on me to remember it, and yes, I have the books (tho covered in an unhealthy layer of dust). Lets see, the current 11 books plus 1 for New Spring, that'll make it 12. Unless you bought the first book ( The Eye of the World) in two volumes, I remember it being released as such. So that would make 13. The only other book I can think of would be the official WOT guidebook, or something like that. Heh, post the titles of your 14 books and enlighten me.
I rechecked them, and somehow one of my books from the Lon Tobyn Chronicle got stuck in there. I believe it was The Outlanders. Al-righty then, now that I got all that sorted out, it is 13. Sorry for the confusion. It weird because typically my shelves are very organized...

I just finished God Emperor of Dune. Like all of the Dune books, it takes some stretch of the imagination, but it's ultimately worth it. It makes one think, if nothing else. Very enjoyable overall.

I also just finished Elegy to a Lost Star, the second to last book (I think!) in the Symphony of Ages. I'm going out to buy The Assassin King soon.
Old 2006-10-16, 10:56   Link #216
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

I've finished Christopher Paolini's "Eragon: Das Vermächtnis der Drachenreiter" (engl. title > "Eragon: Inheritance") and I'm currently in the middle of the second book "Eragon: Der Auftrag des Ältesten" (engl. title > "Eragon: Eldest").
Paolini truly deserves the title as the second J.R. Tolkien, in my opnion. I enjoy his works every single second, I'm reading.
I'm looking forward to the release of the third and last book of the Eragon trilogy (Release is Autumn 2006 here). Same goes for the movie. Can't await, to watch it.

Aesir
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 11:59   Link #217
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I also just finished Elegy to a Lost Star, the second to last book (I think!) in the Symphony of Ages. I'm going out to buy The Assassin King soon.
Ahhh that's a good series by Elizabeth Haydon. She's one of my favorite female writers. It's very romantic how Ashe and Rhapsody meet in the begining and 10,000 years later half way across the world. ^_^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 09:39   Link #218
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I thought it was more years than that. Like 14,000 or something. I should know now that I just finished, but I can't seem to remember. I really should stop reading ten books at once; it's messing up my general knowledge of said books.

BTW (@ Aesir): Eragon is one of my favorite fantasy novels to date. Fantastically written, the surprise in Inheritance really spun me for a loop. I'm also impressed that Christopher Paolini started writing it at such a young age. Geez, I should really get on with my own "short" stories.

Spoiler for Eragon's heritage:

Just finished God Emperor of Dune. What a price the Golden Path has...
Old 2006-10-17, 14:22   Link #219
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I should know now that I just finished, but I can't seem to remember. I really should stop reading ten books at once; it's messing up my general knowledge of said books.
That what happened to me when I was reading Robert Jordan's. When a new volume come out and I started to read. I was like "Who was this character again, what was she doing in the last book? Where did that character come from, I don't remember him." *confused* *confused*....... *skip to Mat or Perrin chapter* ^_^;;;
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 04:05   Link #220
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I've read For Whom the Bell Tolls (finally!) by Ernest Hemingway as well as Father Brown Stories by Gilbert Keith Chesterton. I am currently reading Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books