AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 05:50   Link #1221
Wrath88
Kissing...

Pretty much a lot of people got it was a Kaiji one. I never saw that series apart from knowing that it was about mahjong, and how the art looked, but that was enough. Furthermore, people who watch Saki should have also heard Kaiji being mentioned as a comparison, so yeah, a lot of people got the ref.
Old 2009-08-15, 08:45   Link #1222
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I guess a lot of people think Teppei ending up with Charlotte is very typical, making it boring?
Typical, yes? Boring.. I doubt it. I'm sure it'll be fun to watch.. at least for those who haven't played the game at least.
Old 2009-08-15, 09:23   Link #1223
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I know what you mean from the plot point of view, but just imagine someone like Charlotte in real life: not boring to be with at all. Beautiful, lively, natural, funny, and less loopy than she pretends, I think. Not that I'm shipping her. If anything, I ship TeppeixYuu.
Its not that i dislike Charlotte all the girls have their own special charm that they could bring to the relationship, Charlotte is a really upbeat bubbly person. I havent even really shipped my favorite character Silvia i just think an ending with her will be boring. Honestly, i think the most interesting ending would be TeppeixYuu ending given the conversation she had with Teppei's Ojii san in episode 2.

Still a fun series sometimes playing it safe and sticking with whats been proven to work will increase DVD sales.
Old 2009-08-15, 10:42   Link #1224
ashe
くぽ!

i see a second season. well, realistically speaking its what i am hoping for. don't let it end, its fun to watch.

oh, how bout easing up a bit on the censors, a silhouette would've been much better

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-08-15 at 11:01. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 10:57   Link #1225
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

We already know who Silvia's fiance is. Silvia's fiance is indeed Teppei as it was arranged from the beginning.
What Im trying too say is that, the man who jumped from the parachute could have bin Silvia´s fiance before it was called off, or someone who was suppose too be Silvia´s fiance before it was even announced too Silvia.

But Im suspecting that its Charlotte´s fiance instead.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:25   Link #1226
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
What Im trying too say is that, the man who jumped from the parachute could have bin Silvia´s fiance before it was called off, or someone who was suppose too be Silvia´s fiance before it was even announced too Silvia.

But Im suspecting that its Charlotte´s fiance instead.
No, it's most likely Charlotte's fiance. All clues point to her.

There is nothing about Silvia getting engaged to anyone before Teppei, nothing at all, not even in the game. It's a first time experience for her, which accounts for the way she behaves and the way Maria and her father act towards that idea.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:26   Link #1227
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I guess a lot of people think Teppei ending up with Charlotte is very typical, making it boring?
Aye... If you can see the ending a mile away, it takes a little bit away from the journey.
Old 2009-08-15, 15:29   Link #1228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Aye... If you can see the ending a mile away, it takes a little bit away from the journey.
See i don't agree with that. Just because you know how it ends doesn't mean just that, it's finding out how the ending comes together that makes it plenty of fun, especially when it means watching two characters falling in love with one another.
Old 2009-08-15, 15:34   Link #1229
kujoe
from head to heel

Predictable and typical? Definitely. Boring? Well... we're not sure yet, but I think it's how it gets there that's most important.

Charlotte's route in the game is nothing to write home about. It's arguably the simplest in terms of what one would expect and actual plot. I browse this forum and see how a few others have hit the mark, with one particular poster practically predicting the entire route right away! That's how easy it is.

In a way I'm glad the anime has done things differently, so I'm hoping that even if a Charlotte ending is predictable, there's enough imagination put into it to make it stand out a bit more.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:34   Link #1230
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Pretty much a lot of people got it was a Kaiji one. I never saw that series apart from knowing that it was about mahjong, and how the art looked, but that was enough. Furthermore, people who watch Saki should have also heard Kaiji being mentioned as a comparison, so yeah, a lot of people got the ref.
lol Kaiji isn't about mahjong. That's akagi. Kaiji is about cutting off your fingers and ear for money.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:51   Link #1231
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
That seems to be the case... another thing could be her character is very much disliked... hmm.

Quote:
That's not really true. I enjoyed shuffle! to the bitter end... even though l had figured he would end up with Asa.
Even though you might know the outcome it's always fun to see the events leading up to that outcome.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 17:06   Link #1232
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
See i don't agree with that. Just because you know how it ends doesn't mean just that, it's finding out how the ending comes together that makes it plenty of fun, especially when it means watching two characters falling in love with one another.
I would Agree except that, It's still not totally devoted to Developing the relationship between Charlotte and Teppei, and at the exact same time there really hasn't been much development. Yet the Ending seems to clear cut that I can't help but think something else is going to happen.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 17:18   Link #1233
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I would Agree except that, It's still not totally devoted to Developing the relationship between Charlotte and Teppei, and at the exact same time there really hasn't been much development. Yet the Ending seems to clear cut that I can't help but think something else is going to happen.
I was actually talking about this show, just going on about the topic in general.

Sure there's no development yet, though at the moment it's just watching the two interact with one enough, and i'm soon the development shall begin shortly.
Old 2009-08-15, 17:34   Link #1234
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
That seems to be the case... another thing could be her character is very much disliked... hmm.

That's not really true. I enjoyed shuffle! to the bitter end... even though l had figured he would end up with Asa.
Even though you might know the outcome it's always fun to see the events leading up to that outcome.
Shuffle was twice as long as Princess Lover will be(unless I'm mistakened?), and we didn't have a clue about how strongly the story would swing to her direction until the last 1/3 or so of the story. Even us die-hard Asa fans never thought she had a chance of being anything more than a secondary character.

You can't compare Shuffle to Princess Lover in this regard.
Old 2009-08-15, 17:41   Link #1235
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-kun View Post
Here are 3 Freebee Ava's form Epi 6.
Grabbing these two, if you don't mind.
Old 2009-08-16, 00:08   Link #1236
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
lol Kaiji isn't about mahjong. That's akagi. Kaiji is about cutting off your fingers and ear for money.
Whoops, my mistake. But the art is the same, isnt it? In any case, I'm with Shiroth on the 'journey is the main point, rather than the ending' theme. Although I think that differs from person to person. I'm spoiler-immune, so even if I know that this girl is going to be the winner, I'll still watch to see interactions, etc.
Old 2009-08-16, 00:46   Link #1237
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shuffle was twice as long as Princess Lover will be(unless I'm mistakened?), and we didn't have a clue about how strongly the story would swing to her direction until the last 1/3 or so of the story.
Just to drop in and claim that you could actually see an Asa end (or very strong indications of it) as early as Episode 7-8. That was what my gut feeling was telling me, which I'm particularly proud of (as I successfully 'predicted' the Canvas 2 ending from the single-digit numbered episodes too.)

With that said, as far as odds are concerned, it "looks" like Charlotte is far in the lead, but Silvia plays the underdog card very well, and I won't be surprised if she'll swoop in at the very end to claim victory. It could really go either way depending on how the next episode plays out, but both girls really do have a chance since they both have an equal balance of winner flags. Next episode is probably the deciding factor.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 01:21   Link #1238
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
HAHA i just love when noobs start dishing out negative rep because i called their favorite character boring. . Oh and apparently my mom is just as boring as an ending involving Charlotte LMAO.

Quote:
I was actually talking about this show, just going on about the topic in general.

Sure there's no development yet, though at the moment it's just watching the two interact with one enough, and i'm soon the development shall begin shortly.
I agree the development will start soon enough Shiroth. Even the writers dare not have a character win with no development involving the rest of the girls. Even if a character received only 1 episode of development usually thats enough to legitimize a win for the chosen girl. A win with no development with the rest of the cast seems kind of cheap.
Old 2009-08-16, 02:10   Link #1239
Ottocycle

One thing I don't understand is, for all this talk regarding having a predictable ending, shipping, "boring"-Charlotte-end-implications, why not we all just sit back and enjoy the show? They've managed to make all four female leads likeable (though Seika came a little late to that), such that I wouldn't mind whoever wins in the end. I also think that's the intended effect since there was the truce scene of "may the best girl win". It might be a tad unrealistic, but that's probably the producers' way of keeping the fans together.

I'd like to think that this show isn't a pure romance show, but a show about the four of them girls. We already have an amply developed male lead and the prospect of romance as crutches for their development.

I shudder at this thread turning Macross-subforum-lite or Geass-Romance-threads-lite.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 02:32   Link #1240
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
One thing I don't understand is, for all this talk regarding having a predictable ending, shipping, "boring"-Charlotte-end-implications, why not we all just sit back and enjoy the show? They've managed to make all four female leads likeable (though Seika came a little late to that), such that I wouldn't mind whoever wins in the end. I also think that's the intended effect since there was the truce scene of "may the best girl win". It might be a tad unrealistic, but that's probably the producers' way of keeping the fans together.

I'd like to think that this show isn't a pure romance show, but a show about the four of them girls. We already have an amply developed male lead and the prospect of romance as crutches for their development.

I shudder at this thread turning Macross-subforum-lite or Geass-Romance-threads-lite.
I happen to think discussion concerning why we like a character or why we dont can be actually be useful. Now sometimes shipping goes to far like the two previous threads you mentioned. However there are some people who just get really upset if someone bases or disagrees with their view on a character you have seen it plenty of times im sure. The show is incredibly fun to watch and the fact discuss the girls shows how fun it is. Its shame some people just cant say "hey i disagree with you but thats cool lets enjoy the show"

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen