AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

View Poll Results: To Much Nakedness?
Way to much 18 15.38%
A tad to much 29 24.79%
Just the Right Amount 40 34.19%
Alittle more 30 25.64%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-17, 03:25   Link #1
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
To much Nakedness?

I think there is alittle to much....not that I have a problem with nakedness....it can just get alittle anoying....parts like the Hot Spring and when Hikari and Akari first were "born" are good places to have it...but it seems like they look for any exuse they can find to have naked people....
Old 2004-05-17, 03:29   Link #2
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Well, Ep 7 for one I believe had not one instance of nakedness...only swimsuits.

No, I don't think there's too much nakedness. There's many series out there with way more nakedness than this.
Old 2004-05-17, 03:32   Link #3
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
I think there is alittle to much....not that I have a problem with nakedness....it can just get alittle anoying....parts like the Hot Spring and when Hikari and Akari first were "born" are good places to have it...but it seems like they look for any exuse they can find to have naked people....
The reason they put a lot of nudity in a lot of anime series is there's simply TOO MUCH hentai people in this world. That's why anime series which contains sex n violence will get licensed far quickly than the ones who don't. Besides, it's going to be summer soon so people wanna have HOT stuffs showing on their TV
IMO, it is quite irritating for me too if they put nudity all the time in almost every episodes unnecessarily.
Old 2004-05-17, 03:44   Link #4
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
The reason they put a lot of nudity in a lot of anime series is there's simply TOO MUCH hentai people in this world. That's why anime series which contains sex n violence will get licensed far quickly than the ones who don't. Besides, it's going to be summer soon so people wanna have HOT stuffs showing on their TV
IMO, it is quite irritating for me too if they put nudity all the time in almost every episodes unnecessarily.
I think you're right there, but it seems sad that even in the development stage, they have to put in so much nudity - it makes it seem like they're not confident selling the series in any other way.

A tad too much, I think. Just the 'birth' sequence - I think that would have been the best way to leave it. Even that was a BIT gratuitous...
Old 2004-05-17, 04:06   Link #5
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

To all of you:

You have all obviously not seen ENOUGH fanservice.

What's shown in Konomini so far is MILD. Mahoromatic had more, and many other series have WAY more that what's been shown on Konomini.

You poor, sheltered children.
Old 2004-05-17, 05:41   Link #6
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

a bit too much... sure it's not Eiken stuff... yet... but still the hot spring scene made me want to cringe for some fanservices that I never expected to see...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-05-17 at 18:05.
Old 2004-05-17, 07:09   Link #7
Lambda

Konomini has a fair amount of fanservice for the same reason that Eva had a fair amount of giant robots fighting. If you're going to do anything with a genre, you have to imitate it to a certain extent.
Old 2004-05-17, 08:38   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, just about every other SHAFT anime had more nudity than this one... So its really not that bad.
Old 2004-05-17, 17:49   Link #9
Rakukojin
--Konomini--

The only part of Konomini that I thought they could've done without was the shower scene with Hikari and Jennifer.
Old 2004-05-17, 17:57   Link #10
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

That also, but what about that hot spring scene. I don't think that also had to be there...
Old 2004-05-17, 18:39   Link #11
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Since you don't have this option, NO.

7 episodes and only 2 or 3 parts with nudity. Yea WAY to much.
Old 2004-05-17, 18:40   Link #12
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakukojin
The only part of Konomini that I thought they could've done without was the shower scene with Hikari and Jennifer.
I'll agree with that one.

The springs scene did serve a small purpose.
Old 2004-05-17, 18:48   Link #13
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
The hell you say!

The Shower Scene with Hikari and Jennifer was perfect! *nosebleed*
Old 2004-05-17, 19:58   Link #14
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Konomini is like Mahoromatic lite...Jennifer (the obligatory big-boobed drunk-off-her-ass-older-woman) is not NEARLY as...*ahem* ecchi as Kichijo-sensei (who's existence i have found was only to pull off more fanservice, FOR GOD'S SAKE SHE DOESN'T AGE) from Mahoromatic
Also, mahoromatic had at least 4 (unnecessary) bath episodes in about 26 episodes, Konomini's had...barely 1...episode dedicated to the fine art of bathing.
Old 2004-05-18, 00:33   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I have no problem with the amount of nudity in konomini, in fact it's just what I'd expect from gainax. Their recent series have been more known for fanservice than anything else. Quite simply, they can't top eva or flcl, so the only way to get their series to make money is to put as much fanservice as the story can support. Still there are series with much more fanservice than this one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Konomini is like Mahoromatic lite...Jennifer (the obligatory big-boobed drunk-off-her-ass-older-woman) is not NEARLY as...*ahem* ecchi as Kichijo-sensei (who's existence i have found was only to pull off more fanservice, FOR GOD'S SAKE SHE DOESN'T AGE) from Mahoromatic
Also, mahoromatic had at least 4 (unnecessary) bath episodes in about 26 episodes, Konomini's had...barely 1...episode dedicated to the fine art of bathing.
That's because Jennifer has a bit of ritsuko from eva in her too. That cancels out some of the ecchi she got from shikijo-sensei.
Old 2004-05-18, 10:16   Link #16
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Gainax is famous for their ecchi series and nakedness looks VERY appealing to me
Old 2004-05-18, 11:40   Link #17
CaSe-
胸のひねること

I think its the right amount. Nakedness is natural, and it fits the innocent and oblivious nature of the two girls.

Im getting sick and tired of all the people who are outraged at all the nakedness, yet wanting some more carnage... and deaths between the characters. Frankly i think something is wrong there...

In reference to the other thread
Old 2004-05-18, 16:08   Link #18
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakukojin
Actually, I thought the shower scene served more purpose than the hot-spring... the hot spring was, as far as I could see, just... there without any major significance with regards to themes and the story. The shower scene on the other hand allowed Hikari and Jennifer to meet in the closest manner possible--as the story wind down in the next 5 episodes, I believe that personal closeness may serve some purpose.
Old 2004-05-18, 16:32   Link #19
kvant
Lurker

*chants: "we want more! we want more!"*

but indeed, the similarities to mahoromatic are obvious and good...
Old 2004-05-19, 04:49   Link #20
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
The hell you say!

The Shower Scene with Hikari and Jennifer was perfect! *nosebleed*
Boo...hoo...hoo... (Stretch my hand out to shake hands) i can't believe that there's hentai creeps like me existed in this forum...
At last i found someone who are as Ecchi as i am...sob... Thank God for opening my eyes to see the beautiful and shining and soft and....of girls...

"Ecchii no makenai no torimasu!!" Says Mahoro

hahaha...at least this prove me that i'm a healthy guy ^^ Don't get me wrong i'm not that pervert is natural for me to like this stuff since i was born A Male
Closed Thread