AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-06, 17:21   Link #661
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
Hello!

It's been a long while, I know, but, I wanted to notify everyone and say that the translation is still going and hasn't been abandoned!

The translation is going slowly (due to the fact that I'm the only translator and not wholly fluent yet), but it's going none the less.

I've updated the site with pictures of the patches, so you can see what to expect.

I'm sorry for how long I've been inactive. There was some problems regarding the translating, as well as personal issues in general, but I'm back to translating and will try my hardest to get Watanagashi-hen by December!

I won't promise you that I'll succeed but I'm going to try! ^^
Good to hear that you're still translating. By the way, you don't know anywhere that is selling the original games do you? I did have them, but I moved house and stuff got lost in transit, including my Higurashi games. I've looked on a few websites such as amiami and cdjapan, but they either didn't have them listed or weren't in stock. In fact they've been listed as "out of stock" on Amiami for months now.
Old 2012-08-06, 19:25   Link #662
baratomaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Good to hear that you're still translating. By the way, you don't know anywhere that is selling the original games do you? I did have them, but I moved house and stuff got lost in transit, including my Higurashi games. I've looked on a few websites such as amiami and cdjapan, but they either didn't have them listed or weren't in stock. In fact they've been listed as "out of stock" on Amiami for months now.
Did you have a physical copy of the original games or did you download them from a website? If it's download then I can send you the link to the one I downloaded from.
Old 2012-08-07, 04:18   Link #663
st_nick5

Quote:
Did you have a physical copy of the original games or did you download them from a website? If it's download then I can send you the link to the one I downloaded from.
They were physical copies.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:41   Link #664
baratomaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
They were physical copies.
Hmmm.... Thing is, unlike Umineko, I couldn't find any sites to buy a physical copy of the original Higurashi visual novels.

If you don't mind downloading it, I can give you a link to the site where I bought the games.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:14   Link #665
Slay
[VN] Higurashi ~ Spanish

Send a message via MSN to Slay
Quote:
Hmmm.... Thing is, unlike Umineko, I couldn't find any sites to buy a physical copy of the original Higurashi visual novels.

If you don't mind downloading it, I can give you a link to the site where I bought the games.
Here's a link, you can get a copy of Higurashi in amazon.
http://07thkingdom.com/index.php?page=tienda

NEW DEMO OF THE SPANISH TRANSLATION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmil8hds1l0
Old 2012-08-12, 13:18   Link #666
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post
Here's a link, you can get a copy of Higurashi in amazon.
http://07thkingdom.com/index.php?page=tienda
That's a pre-owned copy unfortunately. Was hoping to get a new copy. I'll keep looking.
Old 2012-12-11, 15:45   Link #667
TheGuraGuraMan

WTF happened ? The last 2-3 pages disappeared.
Old 2012-12-11, 16:22   Link #668
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

I guess that since people were talking about a fan-translation of an "already licensed" title, some mod or whatever deleted the posts.
Old 2012-12-11, 16:24   Link #669
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Discussions related to anything close to warez/piracy is not tolerated, even moreso for products that have been licensed by westerner right holders.
This thread is left open for potential non illegal discussion, such as a non english/french PATCH project and the likes. Any discussion regarding sprite extraction and the likes is not permitted.
Old 2012-12-11, 16:30   Link #670
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Discussions related to anything close to warez/piracy is not tolerated, even moreso for products that have been licensed by westerner right holders.
This thread is left open for potential non illegal discussion, such as a non english/french PATCH project and the likes. Any discussion regarding sprite extraction and the likes is not permitted.
I thought almost all of the discussion was on the chapters that hasn't been licensed and has no translation from the PS2 and DS games.
Old 2012-12-11, 16:34   Link #671
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Ugh, okay I admit we might have commented about ways to extract data from the games and programs able to do that, but I don't think it was necessary to delete ALL posts. Some of them didn't have anything to do with the extraction of data thing, just reports about the patch of an un-licensed Higurashi arc.
Old 2012-12-11, 16:57   Link #672
TheGuraGuraMan

It's not like we put any link about extracted data of a game, isn't it a bit.. exaggerated to delete everything ? We din't talk at all about pirating a game. If it was just because we were talking about the script of Kizuna in the last messages, you could maybe have just told us to stop, moreover we intended to continue the conversation on Skype or PM...

My project isn't really a patch, but it shouldn't be illegal to talk about it hu ?

For the senior member (forgot the name, and didn't see any message of you except in the removed pages, sorry), the name on Skype is the same, TheGuraGuraMan.

BTW I have a Wiki for it, but in french (obviously). On the other way I could make pages for non french users.
Old 2012-12-11, 17:07   Link #673
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Skype didn't find a name of TheGuraGuraMan. My name on Skype is rogerpepitone
Old 2012-12-11, 17:17   Link #674
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rules are clear: any discussion related to that kind of content is prohibited, regardless if you actively provide such material or not.
Besides, Matsuri content is strictly available legally with PS2, likewise Kizuna through DS, correct? So any fashion to have them in a "edited" version is already a dead giveway.

Any further discussion will be deleted on the spot, period.
Old 2012-12-11, 19:43   Link #675
SuperVolcano

Discussion over baratomaya/WhenTheyTranslate's translation of the PC version is still allowed though, right? Since Ryukishi is nice enough to allow fantranslations even when there's a commercial one in the same language?
Old 2012-12-16, 08:56   Link #676
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Translation alone is fine, as it was the only portion that Ryukishi has permitted so far. Any subject related to unfair/illegal use of copyrighted material is not. Therefore, anything related to the use of PS2/DS material outside of just translated text is absolutely forbidden.
Old 2012-12-21, 17:43   Link #677
TheGuraGuraMan

Okay I made a first page for english users on my wiki, you can comment on it, I'll maybe add more pages later.
http://fr.lesanglotdescigalespatchhd...gales_Festival

Another good news, I got the (not perfect, some bugs) script of matsuri (I stop here, please don't remove this message Klashikari), and it have voices in it, it should help a lot for adding voices (lines are like that : 7レナrv01/990200001.「圭一ク~ン゙kv01/990200002.オッハヨ~ゥ゙」。・・ル克 I mean)

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2013-01-20 at 06:37.
Old 2013-01-20, 05:28   Link #678
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post
News about the spanish translation!

Spoiler:
Están traduciendo del japonés original? O de la traducción de Sonozaki Futagotachi o la de Mangagamer?
Old 2013-03-26, 14:15   Link #679
Massy90

Thank you so much for the projects, baratomaya and TheGuraGuraMan! I'm so looking forward to them! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Massy90; 2013-03-26 at 16:20.
Old 2013-06-24, 23:00   Link #680
Meeka
Graphic Artist/Translator

Send a message via Yahoo to Meeka
Recently just bought all the matsuribayashi-hen Volumes Including vol 8 I can scan them up for you guys, I'm actually almost done translating them (: