Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-20, 17:14   Link #21
Melchiorus
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555
So post spoilers here and hopefully this new 13 episode season...
12 episodes
Old 2004-01-20, 17:19   Link #22
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchiorus
12 episodes
I dont know why you're smiling about the fact there's going to be 1 less episode than I was hoping for ;

J/K thanks for pointing it out

Aww damn, I was reading the website and I just realized I was looking at the dvds from the first season, and yea its only going to be 12 eps Oh well, we still have 11 more.

Tellu54, by all means sub it, it would be awesome to have 2 versions as I was saying before, we'd definitely all appreciate it.
Old 2004-01-20, 20:08   Link #23
^danshi^
running bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54
So how much of a demand is there for non-AJ subs of Gravion Zwei? I've got time to do it or Jubei-chan 2, and I'm not sure which I want.

Thanks,
Tellu54
Gravion Zwei: one fansub so far
Jubei-chan 2: no fansub so far

Does that answer your question?
Old 2004-01-20, 20:46   Link #24
brightman
Ancient Member

The first season was pretty much subbed solely by AJ anyway (though groups did pick it up later on I believe... And now its licensed), so I doubt anyone else is needed unless AJ doesn't finish or something.
Old 2004-01-21, 20:25   Link #25
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^danshi^
Gravion Zwei: one fansub so far
Jubei-chan 2: no fansub so far

Does that answer your question?
Yeah, he makes a good point, but the decision is up to you, either way we'll be here to dl your stuff.
Old 2004-01-21, 23:58   Link #26
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Absolutely no comments regarding the quality of AJ's version, video-wise and translation-wise? No flames, please, just honest opinions. Supposedly, they had gotten quite decent before their long hiatus, what about now?
Old 2004-01-22, 00:20   Link #27
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
Absolutely no comments regarding the quality of AJ's version, video-wise and translation-wise? No flames, please, just honest opinions. Supposedly, they had gotten quite decent before their long hiatus, what about now?
I think they're doing a good job; video-wise, I thought the encode was pretty good compared to other fansubs, translation seemed to make sense, but I can't pretend to speak Japanese so someone else will have to answer this question. All in all, its worth dling the AJ version.
Old 2004-01-22, 18:54   Link #28
vio5555

Episode 2 is out by AJ
Old 2004-01-22, 19:08   Link #29
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Just saw episode one. The special effects are amazing. But this show is assuming I saw the first season, isn't it?

I have no idea why those mechs were fighting in the city. I've got no clue why these two groups or governments are clashing with one another. And it seems to be throwing characterization at me for chars I've hardly met, and really don't care about yet.

Am I supposed to know something going into this?
Old 2004-01-22, 21:02   Link #30
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by davFunereal
Just saw episode one. The special effects are amazing. But this show is assuming I saw the first season, isn't it?

I have no idea why those mechs were fighting in the city. I've got no clue why these two groups or governments are clashing with one another. And it seems to be throwing characterization at me for chars I've hardly met, and really don't care about yet.

Am I supposed to know something going into this?
yeah it continues off the first season
Its kinda like vandread in that respect, zwei means two, so the show is gravion 2, and yes you're expected to know quite a bit, but that creepy guy at the end is new as are the new EFA pilots
Old 2004-02-09, 22:26   Link #31
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Did AJ drop it or are they just being slow? either way i hope it doesn't get picked up for awile.
Old 2004-02-09, 23:11   Link #32
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
Did AJ drop it or are they just being slow? either way i hope it doesn't get picked up for awile.
Yea, they're just being slow, and there isnt much to discuss cause we havent really hit any of the major plots.
Old 2004-02-09, 23:31   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Well from what I've seen in the Ep 3 raw and screens of Eps 4 and 5 it seems there'll be some more developments between the blue haired people in this show, so I'm really hoping that AJ will get back on track for this...
Old 2004-02-09, 23:40   Link #34
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
... I'm really hoping that AJ will get back on track for this...
I never thought I'd ever hear that in these forums , but I'm with you .
Old 2004-02-10, 09:09   Link #35
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
on a slightly off topic comment, i'm withhold judgement of AJ till Bandai puts SEED out and i can compair some of my AJ copies to it to get an idea of how well AJ did just by ear rather than having the orginal scripts to work with. I think i heard something about them doing a Boxed set first.

now back on topic, Super mech action is fun since unlike the older shows, Gravion and GoDanner have really interesting plots.
Old 2004-02-10, 11:01   Link #36
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

There's a thread on AnimeOnDVD.com Forums about the ADV catalog disc for 2004. Apparently, it (albeit tentatively) claims Gravion will be a 6 disc release. The only way a 6 disc release makes sense is if the first 3 discs are the first series, and the last 3 are Zwei.

Take this how you will... if I remember, I might ask about it at Katsucon (coming up in 3 days!) if it isn't announced to start off with.
Old 2004-02-10, 17:30   Link #37
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator
There's a thread on AnimeOnDVD.com Forums about the ADV catalog disc for 2004. Apparently, it (albeit tentatively) claims Gravion will be a 6 disc release. The only way a 6 disc release makes sense is if the first 3 discs are the first series, and the last 3 are Zwei.

Take this how you will... if I remember, I might ask about it at Katsucon (coming up in 3 days!) if it isn't announced to start off with.
Yeah, I'm hoping ADV can get it out sometime, hopefully not that far away.
Old 2004-02-21, 17:17   Link #38
KamuiX99

Gravion Zwei? What happened?

Does anyone know what happened to anime junkies fansub of Gravion Zwei? Did they put in on the back burner to complete some of their other series? I'm just wondering since I've seen the raws for episode 7 and their translations have been stuck at eps. 2 for a while.
Old 2004-02-21, 17:43   Link #39
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamuiX99
Does anyone know what happened to anime junkies fansub of Gravion Zwei? Did they put in on the back burner to complete some of their other series? I'm just wondering since I've seen the raws for episode 7 and their translations have been stuck at eps. 2 for a while.

I know of another group that picked it up. ep1 coming soon
Old 2004-02-21, 18:47   Link #40
brightman
Ancient Member

There were rumors that it was licensed too... I don't think there's any confirmation of that though... (and I doubt that'd be the reason for AJ's delay anyway)...

Anyway, just wait and see I guess... I've seen up to the Ep 7 raw and I have to say that this season is FAR better than the first one. Quite a bit of plot twists.

BIG SPOILERS
Spoiler:

Last edited by brightman; 2004-02-22 at 10:46.
Closed Thread