AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-09, 07:27   Link #1061
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hmmm...seems a little anticlimatic to me. I'm a bit iffy on this episode. Though I can help but admire this:
Spoiler for space:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 10:05   Link #1062
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Man I hope this isn't how it closes up Hitsujikai's time. He got ONE punch to the face, and as satisfying as that was, Ryoushi was wall-juggled with a super combo. You got to even out the beatings! Dangit.

Well I hope this last episode brings things to good conclusion, Second season or no.

Also we figure out the identity of our Neko warrior; he's the guy getting harassed by delinquents back in episode 6. Go figure I would have forgotten about him. It's a nice way to tie things around.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 10:34   Link #1063
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Well, that was kinda... huh... It was a bit like watching someone get up to speed on a skateboard only to go down a flight of stairs and do a face-plant; entertaining, but not quite what you had in mind.

Unless something really awesome happens in the final episode (although it probably won't, and it'll just be a filler ep) I'd have to say that, at least in my book, this show loses a point for coming in for the climax like a lame duck on downers. Too bad, since I really do like the show overall, but I tend to be excessively critical about endings.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 11:05   Link #1064
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hmmm...seems a little anticlimatic to me. I'm a bit iffy on this episode. Though I can help but admire this:
Spoiler for space:
hmm.... otohime will be even moar (I WILL AND I SHALL CALL HER YANDERE FOR HIM) of THAT... alice will keep a straight face while blushing on the inside (FINALLY HE OPENS THOSE EYES DAMMIT!)

and ryouko will be moar tsundere as ever.

so the asshole and reiko are couple? or she's following the original tamamo story?
Old 2010-09-09, 12:13   Link #1065
Molenir

Is it just me, or does the moral of the story seem to be, that if you want to rape, assault, and abuse a girl, you can go ahead, cause you'll get away with it. The consequences of all this seems to be... watch yourself now, we might do something bad to you someday.

That line, what you going to bring the adults into this. Man, just pissed me off. YES bring them in, call the cops, get the scumbag arrested for kidnapping, assault, rape, and anything else they can arrest him for. Put his worthless ass in prison for 10 years. Throw his girlfriend, and all those who helped him in there for 5. I mean whats with this pathetic zero consequences story?
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 13:26   Link #1066
klare

hmm dont get angry over an anime story...

surprise! Tarou-sama can resist so much temptation

and the piggy bros are real haha
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:09   Link #1067
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Is it just me, or does the moral of the story seem to be, that if you want to rape, assault, and abuse a girl, you can go ahead, cause you'll get away with it. The consequences of all this seems to be... watch yourself now, we might do something bad to you someday.

That line, what you going to bring the adults into this. Man, just pissed me off. YES bring them in, call the cops, get the scumbag arrested for kidnapping, assault, rape, and anything else they can arrest him for. Put his worthless ass in prison for 10 years. Throw his girlfriend, and all those who helped him in there for 5. I mean whats with this pathetic zero consequences story?

You're right, it is handled sloppily, especially Ryouko's history with the villain - after all that teasing, not a hint of it this episode, and Ryouko suddenly loses her crippling fear around him. This show is all over the place sometimes. Sorry, evil dude, we're not going to deal with you today, we ran out of airtime.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 19:53   Link #1068
Seiryuu

For one thing, she's shown that she can be cool around Shiro, and you can be scared out of your mind and still show eyes full of rage. If you actually pay attention, you'll notice she stiffens up a bit every time Hitsujikai touches her, showing that she's determinedly holding her fear back.

Anyway, there's one more ep, and if we're lucky there'll be another season. It was pretty clear that neither side is going to let things stay as they are. Liszt intends to do whatever it takes to make Hitsujikai pay for what he's done and bring him down, and Hitsujikai's equally determined to break them. He's a rare villain that doesn't mind the fact that he lost, because it means their bonds will grow stronger and it'll be all that much sweeter when betrayal tears them apart.

And there WILL be a betrayal, at least in the novels. Combine the villain's determination to bring it about with the heroine's fragile heart that fears it and the title that leaves an obvious opening for one, and it would be just wrong to not have it happen eventually. I suspect whoever betrays the others will only do it in desperation (they all have things they'll do anything to protect).

Anyway, as for the comic side of things, this ep was good. To think that Momo managed to capture the only ones with something bigger, bouncier and softer than her millet dumplings. And I can't help but wonder what Otohime did to those girls before she started to supercharge her boyfriend. And of course, I knew that Usami would have to show a tsundere character. Before she was just dere to those she liked and demonic to the rest, but now she's a proper role for her seiyuu.
Finally, I wonder if Ringo managed to kill her sense of smell making that three pig movie. Everyone around her is coughing and tearing up from Majo's special trick (don't want to think what she'd eaten to make that), but Ringo is still her cheerful self.

One other thing, do we ever find out who zapped Otsuu? She was surprised by whoever it was, but it couldn't be Reiko with her hair.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 19:58   Link #1069
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

THIS IS DELICIOUS!

And I don't even have any appeal for DFC...
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 21:13   Link #1070
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Also:

Spoiler for iPad:

Someone at J.C.Staff really likes Apple products.
Old 2010-09-09, 22:11   Link #1071
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Tsundere + Loli = Rie Kugimiya.

I am quite surprised at Alice calling Lizst "Rikkun", cousin complex? And did Majolica and Otsuu have some kind of yuri relationship between them?

So who's for Ryouko putting on fluffy dog ears and rubbing against Ryoushi with a whimper?

P.S Is Neko voiced by Jun Fukuyama? The voice is so familiar.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 22:35   Link #1072
HandofFate

Why does everyone act all shocked when the secetary (Ant) calls her cousin Rikkun?

lots of action this episode.

Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2010-09-10, 00:09   Link #1073
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S Is Neko voiced by Jun Fukuyama? The voice is so familiar.
Nope, he's -> 梶 裕貴 (Kaji Yuuki). He's the gardener in Kuroshitsuji. If you want to hear Jun-kun this season, he's the protagonist in Nurarihyon no Mago and Densetu no Yuusha no Densetsu.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 00:35   Link #1074
chickdigger802

This eps got me thinking. Any other awesome animated fights this season in anime?
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 01:33   Link #1075
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Haven't been able to keep up with the series (plan to catch up later) but it does seem like its doing pretty well scanning RanCur and this thread.
Old 2010-09-10, 02:57   Link #1076
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Though I can help but admire this:
Spoiler for space:
Shame that was the only decent part of this weeks episode.
Old 2010-09-10, 05:50   Link #1077
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

It would be a bit too early too rate the show but I think I can say I won't "need" a second season. Don't get me wrong, the show was ok-good but I don't see what a second season could deliver when it comes to development. The evil guys had their big plot plan and although they haven't given up it would be like "Oh look, they try again *yawn* ", if they make a comeback.

Also in the romance department, we already saw Okami growing fond of Ryoshi. Now I don't know the LN material and please tell my if I'm wrong but something tells me their status is unchanged even after many volumes - Ryoko still being tsundere while Ryoshi doesn't have the slightest clue about her true feelings for him, so I don't see how a second season of the anime could bring up any developments in that department, anime exclusive material would be very daring.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 06:16   Link #1078
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest I don't care about the romance. I care about Ryouko and whether or not she'll overcome her demons so for me a second season is must, otherwise my opinion of this show will be reduced significantly.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 07:40   Link #1079
Wrath88
Kissing...

Nice counter, Ryoushi... too bad we didn't get to see you kick his ass some more.

Any chance of getting a gif of the scene where Shirou is bashing him against the wall?
Old 2010-09-10, 08:47   Link #1080
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What's Shirou's problem? Everything he does up to now has been to mess with Ryouko, he didn't care about Otogi bank at all, he just wants to screw with her. Beating up Ryoushi was just another way to torture her...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen