AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-08, 18:17   Link #81
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airkiru View Post
Any idea when we can expect a subbed version?
1. The rules say you are not supposed to ask that question.
2. According to the fansub wiki, four groups have plans to sub this, so one of them -- or someone else -- will probably come out with something fairly soon: AnimeYoshi, Moetaku, Rozen-Cherry, Ai-subs-Doremi.

Meanwhile, red5's translation is very handy. Yes, there are some unidiomatic bits (e.g., "ham" is normally "thigh") but it gives us a lot of the meaning. Thanks, red5!
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 01:13   Link #82
kimchipride
Geass User

Wooooooooooooow

Why are subs so slow... I'm looking so forward to this anime but they're taking forever.... Am I being too selfish?
Old 2008-01-09, 01:16   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
Wooooooooooooow

Why are subs so slow... I'm looking so forward to this anime but they're taking forever.... Am I being too selfish?
Not trying to be offensive, but to be frank, yes.

Fansubs are done by fans, and they take time out of their short(?) lives to work on subs to have others watch. They shouldn't be rushed and will release when they can. That is, if there is a subber working on this.

This show just happens to be unlucky enough not to be one of the ones chosen by one of the speedy sub groups, unlike H2O.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 01:22   Link #84
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Not trying to be offensive, but to be frank, yes.

Fansubs are done by fans, and they take time out of their short(?) lives to work on subs to have others watch. They shouldn't be rushed and will release when they can. That is, if there is a subber working on this.

This show just happens to be unlucky enough not to be one of the ones chosen by one of the speedy sub groups, unlike H2O.
hahaha no offense taken.

I just want my anime
Old 2008-01-09, 01:32   Link #85
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Thanks for the effort, red5.

Is m33w still subbing this? I'm waiting patiently...
We originally had a translator scheduled for this, but they backed out, so our normal translator got sick of waiting so he's doing it at this very moment lol. Hopefully we'll have it out for you soon.
Old 2008-01-09, 01:35   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally, the lazy website updates with episode 2.

Spoiler for Episode 2 preview summary:

Spoiler for some amusing pictures:

Common typo I made while typing - Shinichirou turned into "Junichirou"... Nandeyanen...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 05:28   Link #87
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
hahaha no offense taken.

I just want my anime
Well we're done h264 is almost done encoding... xvid will be released publicly within an hour or so... if you're really pressed to get it, just pm me haha... as for why it took so long:

subbing is a very time consuming process... albeit there are "speedsubbers" out there who can release raw + .ass within 2-3 hours after a raw has been provided, we are not one of those groups We easily could've released the same day it aired considering all the translation was done, however we also had to do the k-timing, kfx, typesetting, editing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Can't really say much about it at this point, except that it reminds me strongly of ef. Here we have another eroge adaptation with an artistically inclined protagonist. I love the melancholic and somewhat mysterious characters. Definitely following this, huge potential.
I can't say that it "strongly" reminds me of ef, however I can see why your thinking that. So far the pace seems to be just about right... I'm not getting alot of "stuff" thrown at me and I'm not left guessing too many things...
Spoiler for episode one thoughts:

Last edited by shomazta; 2008-01-09 at 06:20.
shomazta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 09:30   Link #88
Advent7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
Well we're done h264 is almost done encoding... xvid will be released publicly within an hour or so... if you're really pressed to get it, just pm me haha... as for why it took so long:

subbing is a very time consuming process... albeit there are "speedsubbers" out there who can release raw + .ass within 2-3 hours after a raw has been provided, we are not one of those groups We easily could've released the same day it aired considering all the translation was done, however we also had to do the k-timing, kfx, typesetting, editing...

I can't say that it "strongly" reminds me of ef, however I can see why your thinking that. So far the pace seems to be just about right... I'm not getting alot of "stuff" thrown at me and I'm not left guessing too many things...
Spoiler for episode one thoughts:

Someone has too much time on their hands to be PS'ing aka spoiler.

Like sho said it's got a nice pace to it. A little slow and a little hmm different to say the least but i think that this anime will be liked unless of course it becomes off the wall later.
Advent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 09:59   Link #89
Kristen
*Author

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2008-01-09, 10:57   Link #90
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm ... as strange as it is, i seem to be incapable of pinning down how i felt about this episode. It felt a bit dull, yet not at the same time ... a bit boring, yet i wanted to see more. A very weird feeling.

First thing to take note of is the mood - it is not light hearted at all. You can almost feel how heavy the atmosphere is, just waiting for that little something that would make all the repressed emotions burst. It seems we are going to tackle the issues of several characters, though Hiromi interests me the most at this moment. What are the circumstances that makes her stay over at Shinichiro's place ? Why was she trembling when Shin walked in on her while she was apologizing ? Why was she apologizing in the first place ? Another thing to note - when she was working on the PC, she was using only the numpad ... why ? Why did Shin's mother look at her after the whole letter incident ? Obviously she is not having it easy mentally, and it seems her "arc" might be quite heavy when it hits.

Can't say i am all that interest in the others ... which is why i might feel uncertain about the episode - while the situations interest me, the characters themselves are not all that appealing to me. Nayaka annoys me somewhat, and Aiko had too little screentime to make an impression, but so far i can't see myself being interested in her that much. Both males don't leave that good of an impression either. That might be my biggest gripe - lack of likable characters (at least for me). Thankfully none of them are too much of a dislike for me, so they still have the chance to grow on me with time.

Overall not a bad first episode, though nothing stellar either. But it looks deep on the emotion side and the atmosphere seems quite "heavy", so i am willing to see where this goes.

And please, can't we put an end to these School Days references that pop up in every single romance/drama anime thread ? At this rate they are nothing but an eyesore ...
Old 2008-01-09, 12:24   Link #91
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

meh, Everything about Hiromi was so lovely that I was melting on my seat.I am sold.
Old 2008-01-09, 12:33   Link #92
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Just saw first episode, BakaWolf-m.3.3.w version.

Not to bad for a first episode imo Nice opening and very cute ending with the Chibi running. I don't have any expectations of it. But so far the first episode was quite to my liking. Though just as Sky the male protagonist didn't came over really positive to me either. But perhaps that will change. The other characters were ok imo.

As for Hiromi on the computer. She is just helping the family of the people she is staying at. So i thought she was just inputting data

Quote of the episode for me
"I hope misfortune befalls you"

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 13:23   Link #93
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Now that I have seen the sub, I like this show even more. It developed at a nice pace, establishing interesting characters and relationships all round. The music (by Kikuchi Hajime of euphonius) was very well used, I thought, helping give the show its gentle, emotional mood.

And now I understand why people like Takagaki Ayahi so much. Her Noe was very individual and attractive: crazy but not quite. And Nazuka Kaori's voice suited Hiromi's image perfectly. Personally, I also found Shinichirou (Ishii Makoto) good: I could get inside his teenage anomie and insecurity. This episode followed the good old adage that suppressing emotion just makes it stronger.

His mother is great, both in image and sound. The slightly tousled unhappiness of her image, and the way Takahashi Rieko delivered her acerbic words, made her a striking figure.

We'll see how this goes, but so far, choosing a series based on its staff -- the director and one of the writers from Simoun -- seems to be working out. I also notice that the sound director is Wakabayashi Kazuhiko, who did Wolf's Rain, Kurau, Eureka7, Seirei no Moribito, and Darker than Black, among other shows. The sound effects in this show were very atmospheric, just as they were in Darker than Black.

As for the number pad thing, Shinichirou's family runs a sake brewery, and as Sephi said, Hiromi was inputting (accounting ?) data for them, since they were short-staffed.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 14:03   Link #94
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm ... as strange as it is, i seem to be incapable of pinning down how i felt about this episode. It felt a bit dull, yet not at the same time ... a bit boring, yet i wanted to see more. A very weird feeling.
That is how i felt too

my only problem is with the 3D animation... its kinda..., well out of place and i think it will be even more beautiful if they use their 2D art style

isurugi noe... her character kinda grew on me

now, this show has a promising debut, good animation, nice and well placed bgm (very important for me),likeable character, i really can't say much about the story (of course its only one episode) but we'll see, lets just see whether this will be another masterpiece i will adore or will be another sola, beautiful at the beginning but disappointing at the end(hoping this will be another masterpiece, oh please god ).
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 16:02   Link #95
ZODDGUTS

Pretty good first episode. Looks like there's three girls that may like the main male character. The one in the restaurant Aiko seems to already like him while Shin'ichiro thinks she may like the other guy but it doesn't seem that way.

Wonder what's up with the mom seems a bit jealous?/cold towards that girl that lives in the house wouldn't be surprised if it turns out if that girl is Shin'ichiro's half sister.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 16:07   Link #96
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Copypasta for all! ~

Wow! Talk about a GREAT-ass first episode! Everything about it was absolutely wonderfull. the animation and artwork are superb, especially the excellent character designs; It's well directed, with a couple of really awesome scenes; the voice actors are all great, the music is above-average, the opening and ending are catchy and the Op sequence wonderful, it's well-written, entertaining, and all-around a joy to watch. this is probably what's going to make me drop H2O before long, hehe.
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 16:14   Link #97
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Watching the first episode again subbed confirms that Noe Isurugi remains my favorite so far. This is definitely going to be interesting. *Reads up on the episode 2 preview thing* Okay then it looks like the next episode will be interesting.
Old 2008-01-09, 16:36   Link #98
Jerseykid

It has that weird vibe that is becoming more popular for some reason. Still anything that is decent is very enjoyable to watch right now. I approve of the shop girl.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 16:48   Link #99
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

The atmosphere of this episode is so heavy, even the jokes no have fun. But I liked a lot, the animation is very good and the characters are intriguing.
Old 2008-01-09, 16:54   Link #100
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
So I just finished episode one. I love the art; it's quite pretty.

I enjoyed it as an introduction and I am looking forward to more.

I hope the series finds a way to seperate itself from other shows of the same type.

So far, I love Hiromi and Isurugi makes me happy because she likes the chickens. XD

*patiently waits for next episode*

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life