AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-08, 12:34   Link #41
SeanQ

A girl took Tobi's arm and cracked his mask...sorry...this bumps him down to #10 with konan still in last place in power rankings.
Old 2010-09-08, 12:55   Link #42
Lunarskylar

Jesus naruto, satan madara, judas sasuke and moses konan?

Kishi's trying to rewrite the bible!
Old 2010-09-08, 12:55   Link #43
Nite-Wing

So it really was Obito..........
Booooo he needs to kill Konan already shes still a non factor in the war.

So an Uchiha created the Rinnegan...........interesting
Old 2010-09-08, 12:55   Link #44
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

After all this teasing about Madara's face, it better be worth the reveal.

After the giddiness of seeing a female do something impressive in this manga wears off, you realize things don't look good for Konan. Madara cannot be captured or killed right now. So anything Konan does has to fail just like her suicide-no-jutsu did. The ocean of paper cannot defeat Madara and it pretty much is her last chance. We also have what looks to be another very quick fight. Clearly Kishi wanted to get these two fights over with, but still give everyone as much fanservice as possible. And the dreaded flashback. It seems like Kishi will tie up the three orphans story here.

Madara will win somehow and likely kill Konan who departs telling us how Naruto is now Jesus who will defeat the evil. Madara might then just place a clone as the head of Awe. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Madara has placed puppet leaders in all the smaller villages. Their is your army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
Like you said, even Temari was reduced down to...whatever the hell she is now.
As james said, Gaara's worrying sister. That's what she has been reduced to. Just another meaningless girl in the manga who does nothing. In Part 1 she got independent development and three fights. Her relationship with Shikamaru, which produced her only real development, continued into Shippuden, but hasn't been touched on in a long time. So now she is a cardboard cutout. Yeah, I'm bitter.

With females in this manga, it's usually one step ahead, and three steps back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
getting naruto and his dumb ass friends off the screen is like a breath of fresh air.
I take it you didn't care for Gai, Kirabi, Yamato, and the Naruto Island Arc.
Old 2010-09-08, 13:07   Link #45
Nite-Wing

Because Part 1 Temari was so important to the plot? As far as I'm concerned she was Gaara's sister and thats it. If anyone has taken the most in character decay its Hinata.

In some way all females in the manga get ruined but Hinata's character has only been buillt up to be torn down unlike others who were great to begin with.

Konan deserves no special treatment she jobbed out to Jiraiya but is suddenly powerful enough to give Madara a run for his money.............
Anyway glad Obito is back
Old 2010-09-08, 13:09   Link #46
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
So now she is a cardboard cutout. Yeah, I'm bitter.

With females in this manga, it's usually one step ahead, and three steps back.
-Mind if I rage along with you then DeDe? As I said earlier, we know that Kishimoto CAN make his women badass and awesome at any point. Problem is, he seems to think we need to wade through endless successions of the "worrying, delicate kunoichi", before we get some results...bleh.
Old 2010-09-08, 13:19   Link #47
NoLongerSane

Upon looking upon the spoilers posted, I am glad the Konan gets her time to shine. Besides being bested by Jiraiya and cocooning people in paper during the Konoha invasion arc (and being told to screw off by an unkown cocooned ninja), I was hoping to see some more of what she could offer.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 13:30   Link #48
Neji112

I'm really interested in seeing how this whole giving of the Rinnegan thing develops. How will this affect the Nagato Zombie? Will he still have the Rinnegan since it was not his bloodline limit, therefore not transferable through Edo Tensei?
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 13:42   Link #49
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
I'm really interested in seeing how this whole giving of the Rinnegan thing develops. How will this affect the Nagato Zombie? Will he still have the Rinnegan since it was not his bloodline limit, therefore not transferable through Edo Tensei?
That was actually my first thought: So, this is how Kishimoto will depower the Nagato Zombie. The Edo Tensei brings back the body as it is was naturally in life (that's why Sasori came back as a "real boy"), so it follows that if the Rinnegan was placed in Nagato, i.e. he was not naturally born with the ability, then it stands to reason that the Rinnegan would not be with him if he were ever resurrected (along similar lines, this is how I expect Kishimoto to depower Itachi's zombie, limiting it to the Sharingan only).

That being said, this also explains why Nagato wasn't Rikudou-Sennin (i.e. so powerful he could create the Moon), and also why he wasn't the real "chosen one". This also explains why Madara can control the sealing statute.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-08 at 14:18.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 14:01   Link #50
Casshern

Hopefully Konan will beat Madara and they can all go home and live happily ever after.

EDIT: How the hell do Konan's powers work anyway? If she can make paper out of chakra or turn her body into it then what kind of elements does she combine and how is that not a bloodline limit?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 14:08   Link #51
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Hopefully Konan will beat Madara and they can all go home and live happily ever after.

EDIT: How the hell do Konan's powers work anyway? If she can make paper out of chakra or turn her body into it then what kind of elements does she combine and how is that not a bloodline limit?
She probably uses real paper and combines it with Fuuton in order to control them. How she can use so much paper at one time? I don't doubt that she's got a lot of it stashed in another place from which she can summon the paper by Kuchiyose. As for how she turns herself into paper, that's probably a Bunshin of sorts and not the real body.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 14:12   Link #52
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, this also explains why Nagato wasn't Rikudou-Sennin, and also why he wasn't the real "chosen one". This also explains why Madara can control the sealing statute.
Madara stole the rinnegan from Naruto I'm calling it now, after all the parallels being drawn between Naruto and Rikkodou sennin all that is missing now is the rinnegan.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 14:25   Link #53
tkdtiger

Well its possible that madara used a ninja to attack nagato causing the rinnegan to activate thus giving him the rinnegan
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 14:32   Link #54
Gin
*Artist

Very Bleachy chapter this week, with Kishi Aizenizing Madara, and Madara losing yet another arm. How many is that so far?

Konan did good until she deicided to seal Madara, he can just space/time his way out of that.
Old 2010-09-08, 14:40   Link #55
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
That being said, this also explains why Nagato wasn't Rikudou-Sennin (i.e. so powerful he could create the Moon), and also why he wasn't the real "chosen one". This also explains why Madara can control the sealing statute.
Now the questions that remain are how Madara got the Rinnegan in the first place (maybe they're actually the original Rikuodou Sennin's) and why was Nagato chosen of all people to receive the doujutsu. He was a weakling kid from impoverished country. Maybe Madara thought an evironment with high odds of death would provide the best conditions for Rinnegan to emerge. Seems he was right about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane
Upon looking upon the spoilers posted, I am glad the Konan gets her time to shine. Besides being bested by Jiraiya and cocooning people in paper during the Konoha invasion arc (and being told to screw off by an unkown cocooned ninja), I was hoping to see some more of what she could offer.
Same here, I was pretty sure Kishi would forget about her.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 15:12   Link #56
Nobodyman9
Banned

Madara will turn out to be a clone. Or it'll all be genjutsu.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 15:26   Link #57
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Konan's little fight wasn't so little after all^^ I'm glad she got a good shot at him, although the whole rinnegan gift is starting to rot...why did Madara pick Nagato, a normal civilian to give the rinnegan to (and not say, Yagura), why did he give it to someone else and not use it himself, how did it come to his possession in the first place?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 15:36   Link #58
Sasheks

Quote:
That was actually my first thought: So, this is how Kishimoto will depower the Nagato Zombie. The Edo Tensei brings back the body as it is was naturally in life (that's why Sasori came back as a "real boy"), so it follows that if the Rinnegan was placed in Nagato, i.e. he was not naturally born with the ability, then it stands to reason that the Rinnegan would not be with him if he were ever resurrected (along similar lines, this is how I expect Kishimoto to depower Itachi's zombie, limiting it to the Sharingan only).

Aren't everyone returning as a "real body" because the vessel is a real dead body? And their souls are just delivered in the real, dead body.
Old 2010-09-08, 16:00   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
What will happen:

Spoiler for crossoverhax:
Continuation, simply in spite of Mr. Johnny 5:

Spoiler for crossoverhax2:

That's the end of that.

As for the chapter itself...Konan is under Tsukuyomi or is simply better than Yondaime
Old 2010-09-08, 16:24   Link #60
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Now the questions that remain are how Madara got the Rinnegan in the first place (maybe they're actually the original Rikuodou Sennin's) and why was Nagato chosen of all people to receive the doujutsu. He was a weakling kid from impoverished country. Maybe Madara thought an evironment with high odds of death would provide the best conditions for Rinnegan to emerge. Seems he was right about that.
This could be a hell of head scratcher; namely thinking about all the possible things that could go wrong with that plan... I mean, if madara intended on Nagato to become a powerful tool for him, then the problem there is the fact that he was a war orphan and thus not really part of the local ninja system; even with those eyes the chances that he would actually grow strong without a teacher are incredibly small... there are just so many things that could have gone wrong that would have screwed over madara's plans... namely Nagato being killed, or even suffering injury to his eyes from an attack; i mean if Jiriaya wasn't with them, we know that Orochimaru might have killed Nagato right there on the spot...

madara: "I will give the most powerful eyes in the world to some random orphan and trust that he will somehow survive; randomly run into a great treacher; become a ninja and not die against anyone he fights; all while he develops a philosophical mindset that i will be able to easily manipulate for my needs... "
*20 years later*
madara: "Just as planned"
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion