AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 07:42   Link #181
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Can someone tell me which day of the week a new episode gets released? I need to be here to get my Yuno fix when it's fresh.
Sundays at 11 PM (Iocal time).
Old 2011-10-13, 08:26   Link #182
Westlo
Lets be reality

It airs Sunday 11:00PM in Japan.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 08:41   Link #183
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I see. Thanks!
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 10:51   Link #184
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Mirai Nikki/Future Diary BDs/DVDs to Add Unaired Anime
Old 2011-10-13, 12:27   Link #185
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It airs Sunday 11:00PM in Japan.
That's like saturday at noon in New York right?

Anyways, I rewatched the first episode, and read some of the manga. GAD the manga is so addicting, I had to stop so that the anime isn't rendered totally worthless.

I hope they get through the whole story.

For the veterans does the story seem to move rather quickly to you? Like they packed a lot of story into one whole episode? Cause I had serious whiplash the first time I watched it.

Seriously though this show is cool. And Yuno............cutest stalker evah.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:18   Link #186
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Too be honest in my opinion the manga itself is very fast paced at the start but then the pace slows down considerably. I don't think this first episode overlooked anything that isn't outright irrelevant, if anything it added more.

The pace is fast but if they need to squeeze everything in 26 episodes, I really can't see how they could have done it differently.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:27   Link #187
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I did notice.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:51   Link #188
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
[Spoilers bad, me smash]

Also from ANN:

Quote:
The first of nine Blu-ray Disc and DVD volumes for the Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) television anime series will ship on December 22, and some of the volumes will include unaired segments called "Ura Mirai Nikki" (B-Side/Reverse Future Diary). The second and fourth volumes are currently slated to have unaired "Ura Mirai Nikki" segments when they ship on January 27 and March 30 of next year. The Blu-ray Disc and DVD volumes will also have the "unedited, complete footage" of episodes that were modified or cut for broadcast.
First off,about scenes being cut from the tv broadcast,there's definatly a scene that comes to mind that I fully expect to get cut from the TV broadcast and be on the DVD.
As for the other bonus stuff,I wonder if they could be related to the two spinoff mangas that were released: "Mirai Nikki:Mosaic" and "Mirai Nikki:Paradox".

Last edited by Skyfall; 2011-10-14 at 00:59.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 16:36   Link #189
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I just remembered what the CGI in the Deus Ex Machina scene reminded me of. Has anybody ever seen Reboot? Sad to say, but I found the CGI in this episode about on par with what was used to make Mainframe nearly 18 years ago.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:01   Link #190
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I just remembered what the CGI in the Deus Ex Machina scene reminded me of. Has anybody ever seen Reboot? Sad to say, but I found the CGI in this episode about on par with what was used to make Mainframe nearly 18 years ago.
Nice catch Kaioshin...yea I remembered reboot to bad it ended on a cliff hanger and never was really resolved.
Old 2011-10-13, 20:02   Link #191
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

ReBoot? What's that? I have no idea...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:17   Link #192
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Mirai Nikki. First Impressions

Mirai Nikki turned interesting for me to watch from the development of the first episode, a beautiful psychological thriller that seeks for cerebral and emotional fright rather than just visceral reactions is a must see for me.

I got acquainted into this series through Gasai Yuno, at the moment I looked at her picture when I was browsing for yandere entry at the TV Tropes homepage, and from then on I mused to myself if such a show hosts this creepy, stalking, yandere of a girl, then I must watch it, and here I am.

Just a question to the manga readers out there, and you only have to please reply with a simple "yes" or "no", as the story goes deeper into the abyss, does the development and fate of the characters gets worse?

With worse I mean in the context of a delicious feast into a journey towards paranoia, distrust, and madness that will end up being visually, cerebral, and psychologically a mind-blowing treat to the audience?
In other words, if it's going to become very good of a show?

I'm asking this because that DEUS EX-MACHINA might be or not an acquaintance to Bernkastel, as he likely implied in his explanations about the rules of the game to the participants that he's not going to grant "magical solution" miracles, but it rests upon the players themselves to decide on becoming a miracle to turn the DEAD END against the other players.

So, if I thought that Higurashi's Ryuguu Rena is yandere at her finest, then I haven't seen Yuno yet in this show, right?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 21:57   Link #193
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Mirai Nikki turned interesting for me to watch from the development of the first episode, a beautiful psychological thriller that seeks for cerebral and emotional fright rather than just visceral reactions is a must see for me.

I got acquainted into this series through Gasai Yuno, at the moment I looked at her picture when I was browsing for yandere entry at the TV Tropes homepage, and from then on I mused to myself if such a show hosts this creepy, stalking, yandere of a girl, then I must watch it, and here I am.

Just a question to the manga readers out there, and you only have to please reply with a simple "yes" or "no", as the story goes deeper into the abyss, does the development and fate of the characters gets worse?

With worse I mean in the context of a delicious feast into a journey towards paranoia, distrust, and madness that will end up being visually, cerebral, and psychologically a mind-blowing treat to the audience?
In other words, if it's going to become very good of a show?

I'm asking this because that DEUS EX-MACHINA might be or not an acquaintance to Bernkastel, as he likely implied in his explanations about the rules of the game to the participants that he's not going to grant "magical solution" miracles, but it rests upon the players themselves to decide on becoming a miracle to turn the DEAD END against the other players.

So, if I thought that Higurashi's Ryuguu Rena is yandere at her finest, then I haven't seen Yuno yet in this show, right?
since answering your question could be considered a spoiler in itself (yes or no) I am going to PM you instead. I shall not tempt the wrath of mod
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 01:33   Link #194
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
since answering your question could be considered a spoiler in itself (yes or no) I am going to PM you instead. I shall not tempt the wrath of mod
Nah, I don't think that's a spoiler. Any and all Yandere documentation uses Yuno as the premier example. I can't see how calling out a character trait of a character that's pretty much the entire selling point of the character can be considered a spoiler, really. As long as you avoid giving away explicit details and talking about incidents and such.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 02:55   Link #195
black_star
How should i say it?

I think this is an interesting anime. Who would think 2 (yes, two) casts of Nichijou would be here, again? (or 4 if you count Konno-Minoru too)

Yuno is an evil(but cute) yandere girl. Man... How will Yukki play the game with her by his side?

-wait for more episodes then i can say more-
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 07:30   Link #196
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_star View Post
Yuno is an evil(but cute) yandere girl. Man... How will Yukki play the game with her by his side?
She's a walking nightmare, to be sure, but it could be worse. I was thinking after episode 1, her diary tracks everything he does every 5 minutes, or whatever. As bad as it might be to have her on your side, can you imagine how screwed he'd be if she were his enemy?

Part of me wonders if he might just snap under all the pressure and Higurashi-level paranoia of the situation, and try to remove her because of the threat she'd be if she ever turned on him. This show could go to a LOT of messed up places.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 08:41   Link #197
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Let's just say that Yuno is the Yandere poster girl for a reason.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 08:51   Link #198
cheshire

Perhaps I can blame it on my high expectations (from the praises I kept hearing for this series), but the first episode seemed like a poor-man's Bokurano. Pacing wasn't much of an issue for me as opposed to the stock characters and flimsy goals of the characters (I mean those future rivals of Yukiteru and Yuuno taking all the things Deus said in stride just like that? Seriously?).

I'll still watch the next episode just to see if it improves somewhat. Not holding my breath though.
cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:10   Link #199
solomon

No offense pal, but I'd recommend lowering your standards of logic. Otherwise well, you might as well stop watching tv altogether.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:50   Link #200
jcdietz03

The logical explanation is that all the people in that scene already know. It seemed like even Yuno knew- the only person in the dark in that scene is Yukiteru.

There's probably a secret about "kinds of people selected by Deus" that will be revealed later to help explain it also.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere