AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-28, 23:24   Link #281
XFire
150% done

Quenser is getting progressively more badass.

Spoiler for Sound of Doom, anyone?:
Old 2012-08-29, 01:13   Link #282
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

They give a lot of credit to Heivia. But Quenser is actually the brain and force behind almost all of their achievements. I'd just say that Quenser is the hero while Heivia is his side-kick.

Quenser comes up with the plan and executes it directly to the OBJECT, while Heivia either doing his job from sideline, or intercepting enemy soldiers (sometimes I'd have to admit that it's really risky as well for Heivia, but nowhere as risky as confronting OBJECT knowing it'd blow him into pieces if it were to know his location).

And yet it ends up with the two who destroyed several OBJECTS. Giving too much credit to Heivia. In fact there are times when others in their squadron help out as well as mercenaries or natives.

I'm against having a side-kick!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 02:27   Link #283
Ashaman

While its true Quenser comes up with the plans, Helvia is a neccessary piece in carrying out those actions.

For example, against Juliet (Ohohoho's Object) Quenser may have come up with the plan and finished it with a bluff, but it was Helvia that froze the Juliet long enough for Quenser to bluff his way to victory.

I'd say responsiblity can be anywhere from 50-50 to 80-20
Old 2012-08-29, 03:15   Link #284
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm not sure where the impression that Heivia is getting more credits comes from, if anything the last chapter with the Fake mercenary maids and the next chapter would show that being Heivia is suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Quenser is getting progressively more badass.

Spoiler for Sound of Doom, anyone?:
They're becoming more harden by war, this was sort of shown already in the previous volume where none of them felt that the age of soldiers were getting increasingly younger, and at the same time they both commented to each other:

Quote:
“Use your binoculars to confirm where my bullets hit.”

“You don’t seem too bothered by the fact that this is a fight with the Legitimacy Kingdom on both sides.”

“This is a fight between our enemies and our allies. I can’t speak for everyone, but I certainly feel no sympathy for them. It’s the same as when we fought Flide.”

“We sure have gotten stronger. I miss when you were trembling as you looked through the scope in Alaska.”
Quote:
“Let’s go check their radios. They use the same type as we do, so we can intercept their transmissions if we know the frequency and encryption method they use.”

“Digging through their corpses right after a firefight? You’ve come a long way, too.”

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-29 at 04:31. Reason: typo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 04:19   Link #285
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm not sure where the impression that Heivia is getting more credits comes from, if anything the last chapter with the Fake mercenary maids and the next chapter would show the being Heivia is suffering

They're becoming more harden by war, this was sort of shown already in the previous volume where none of them felt that the age of soldiers were getting increasingly younger, and at the same time they both commented to each other:
inb4 Quenser has a natural affinity of being a goddamn deadeye with ANY weapon,as with Heivia
Old 2012-08-29, 05:50   Link #286
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Which reminds me, Heavy Object's manga had a continuation now titled Heavy Object S, and you can read the first chapter at Dengeki Maoh's website for those who are Japanese literate (warning, they don't have furigana for the text if you depend on them for comprehension) at this link.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 06:43   Link #287
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Part 5-6...

Kamachi is quite a big softy when it comes to his characters, he never really go full Urobutcher on them.

...Though once in a while, he likes to remind people that he has no problem beating up girls and mutilating children...Anything short of killing them outright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Which reminds me, Heavy Object's manga had a continuation now titled Heavy Object S, and you can read the first chapter at Dengeki Maoh's website for those who are Japanese literate (warning, they don't have furigana for the text if you depend on them for comprehension) at this link.

HELL YEAH! The manga is back ! Is this a sign that a great change in the wind is coming ??

(...But why bother with the new title ?)

Anyway, I predict three years down the road we'll probably get a side story titled [Heavy Object G] that features Ohoho as the protagonist

As for why 'G'... I'll let you guys figure that one out

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-29 at 07:32.
Old 2012-08-29, 06:53   Link #288
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Kamachi is quite a big softy when it comes to his characters, he never really go full Urobutcher on them.

...Though once in a while, he likes to remind people that he has no problem beating up girls and mutilating children...Anything short of killing them outright.

HELL YEAH! The manga is back ! Is this a sign that a great change in the wind is coming ??

(...But why bother with the new title ?)

Anyway, I predict three years down the road we'll probably get a side story titled [Heavy Object G] that features Ohoho as the protagonist

As for why 'G'... I'll let you guys figure that one out
does it have something 2 do with a certain body part of hers that is supposedly "G" cup? ^^

but... what does the "S" stand for in the continuation? >>
Old 2012-08-29, 07:32   Link #289
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
does it have something 2 do with a certain body part of hers that is supposedly "G" cup? ^^
It's that obvious huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
but... what does the "S" stand for in the continuation? >>
Second?

It's probably nothing- Just one of those cool letters like 'A', 'R', 'X' etc...
Old 2012-08-29, 09:28   Link #290
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Trust me, the only good groundbreaking news that will ever brace this series is an anime adaptation.

Old 2012-08-30, 20:10   Link #291
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Part 7 is out. Will include comments after reading it on the train later...

Hopefully more will be updated later today Waltraude in 2 weeks...

EDIT:

15km of hostile territory through mud, rain and landmines? Are we sure those two only went through basic training ?

Also, positive thinking is important in situations like this:
Quote:
“(That depends on their specific religious sect. If they worship of a god of fertility or a mother goddess, they can be rather proactive about sleeping around a lot. The stories about the Greek Dionysus are pretty amazing.)”
Old 2012-09-01, 08:01   Link #292
tsunade666

Hevia is enjoying the sights and its indeed has nice ass

Valkyrie unit. Kamachi likes his norse myth.

I really want to read vol 06. That princess interest me just like how chapter 2 of vol 04 would interest me on a certain cat fight
Old 2012-09-01, 08:40   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Hevia is enjoying the sights and its indeed has nice ass

Valkyrie unit. Kamachi likes his norse myth.

I really want to read vol 06. That princess interest me just like how chapter 2 of vol 04 would interest me on a certain cat fight
A Russian Princess... Are they going to pull an 'Anastasia' here ? It's definitely something I can see Quenser and Heivia doing (reluctantly)
Old 2012-09-01, 19:02   Link #294
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
A Russian Princess... Are they going to pull an 'Anastasia' here ? It's definitely something I can see Quenser and Heivia doing (reluctantly)
and while doing it, our smooth criminal can have the chance of smiting the girl, but its gonna turn into an incident....
Old 2012-09-01, 19:39   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
and while doing it, our smooth criminal can have the chance of smiting the girl, but its gonna turn into an incident....
I wonder if this time it's Heivia's turn to shine ? I don't know, gut feeling maybe?
Old 2012-09-01, 20:19   Link #296
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
I wonder if this time it's Heivia's turn to shine ? I don't know, gut feeling maybe?
Looking at the illustrations, I'm going to say I'm somewhat skeptical on seeing that.

Well, it can also mean he shines with his fiancee. Uh oh.

... Though, that will probably be for the second chapter... whoops.

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2012-09-01 at 20:35.
Old 2012-09-01, 20:41   Link #297
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Looking at the illustrations, I'm going to say I'm somewhat skeptical on seeing that.

Well, it can also mean he shines with his fiancee. Uh oh.

... Though, that will probably be for the second chapter... whoops.
Nono, I mean for Volume 6 with the Russian Princess I already know how suffering it is to be Heivia in Vol 4 chap 2
Old 2012-09-02, 19:53   Link #298
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Part 8-12 is a much slower pace than usual. Sure our heroes still manages to cause a landslide and piss off a female 'Terminator' out for their blood, but still a slow progress.

I have to say though, for them to spend two days doing proper recon instead of rushing in and winging it as usual, that shows some crazy levels of patience doing things by the book.

Are they really normal teenagers?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-09-02 at 20:13.
Old 2012-09-03, 02:37   Link #299
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Any protagonists in Kamachi's LN are inhumanly smart and capable. I don't even think that the elite soldiers would be as good as them. Still, I don't think those characters would survive if they were to face against real elite soldiers in our world. Their creativity is so unrealistic and cliché.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 02:44   Link #300
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Any protagonists in Kamachi's LN are inhumanly smart and capable. I don't even think that the elite soldiers would be as good as them. Still, I don't think those characters would survive if they were to face against real elite soldiers in our world. Their creativity is so unrealistic and cliché.
I'm not sure what's your point, isn't it a given that they are not able to fight against special forces soldiers? Hell, they're not even able to fight against normal professional soldiers hence their current predicament.

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen