AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-02, 13:38   Link #41
Dysprosium
Banned

Damn. Just when I thought I've heard the last of Hotaru.

A solid episode to start the 2nd cour; loved the OP, less so the ED, but not too bothered about them.

Just do away with the all of the useless hype, since there's no way the Ayato/Julis pairing will lose, right?

And who the hell's that loli that appeared at the end, anyway? Another potential harem member?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 15:00   Link #42
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY.Gangnam View Post
Just do away with the all of the useless hype, since there's no way the Ayato/Julis pairing will lose, right?
They aren't having it easy though.

Quote:
And who the hell's that loli that appeared at the end, anyway? Another potential harem member?
Someone related to Julis judging by the reaction. Too young to be harem member, probably a Ayato/Julis shipper
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 16:10   Link #43
Wandering Soul

The new OP sounds great, while the new ED is okay, but not as good as the first one. To be fair though, the first ED is incredibly hard to top.
Old 2016-04-02, 16:13   Link #44
IceHism

don't like the new op and ed.

anyways, just some goons to take care of. Nothing really outstanding so far but this is fine.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 16:23   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The new OP sounds great, while the new ED is okay, but not as good as the first one. To be fair though, the first ED is incredibly hard to top.
Yeah, that was a darn good ED. Honestly I'd prefer just to have that be the ED for the entire run it was that good. But such is how it goes. It's not a terrible new ED....it's just not amazing.
Old 2016-04-02, 16:28   Link #46
Robotech Master

I actually really like the new ED, it's just that Waiting for the Rain is too top tier to try and easily match. New OP is good too.

The fight was good and I liked that their opponents were very honorable.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 18:54   Link #47
Shlugo

Yeah, wow what a strong start for the second season. It jumps right back into action without dawdling and delivers a full battle right in the first episode.

I like how it picks up with the consequences of Ayato secret being revealed and how they deal with it.

Surprisingly I like Chinese loli president, she's amusing. And that little action scene at the beginning looked good.

What a game plan! Julis brains might just be the team's greatest asset.

Ayato and Julis interactions as still on point. From discussing their battle strategies, to how well they fight together, discussing Ayato possible goals, and even small things like Julis blushing because she's happy he fights for her and Ayato stealing glances at her boobs, those two are the highlight of the show. I think it was a good decision that no of the supporting characters show up until the end of the episode, so the episode can focus on the main duo.

Speaking of the end of the episode, Julis maid showed up. Because of course she has a maid, she's a princess. I wonder if she was sent by Julis family to apprise Ayato.

Pretty happy with the way the second season started, it looks promising.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 19:11   Link #48
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So it seems like Jie Long has five factions named after the Five Elements (Wu Xing), and the strongest ones in each faction becomes bestowed by Student President Fan Xinglou with greater powers that are comparable to someone from the strongest twelve in the five other schools through Divine Revelations. That should incite rivalry between the five factions.

Since Li Shenhua and Li Shenyun are illusionists, they probably would just wear down their opponents and then attacking where they least expect it. That's gonna be an insult to Song Ran and Luo Kunzhan, who prefer fights to be straightforward and fair.

President Fan shouldn't be the kind of antagonist as Ernesta. Her quest for fun may be a pain in the ass for everyone else, though.

And another thing: it's very nice of both the LNs and the anime to provide romanizations of the terms and names used in the show. That should clear out any confusions.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 20:15   Link #49
ghost013

Not too bad of an episode, still confused on how the combatant's powers are supposed to work.
Old 2016-04-02, 20:21   Link #50
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Which part, exactly? Both Song and Luo have a straightforward fighting style, fists and a gun (no, not a gun gun).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 20:48   Link #51
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Slayer_X View Post
They aren't having it easy though.

Someone related to Julis judging by the reaction. Too young to be harem member, probably a Ayato/Julis shipper
Well, duh, but it's always funny seeing opponents being hyped to the highest heavens only to inevitably lose later on to the MCs.

Yup, she is, most likely.

The lack of the best girl, Claudia, in the episode was disturbing, though. Need to see that PV asap.
Old 2016-04-02, 23:05   Link #52
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Nowhere near enough of Best Girl Claudia, but good episode, and good start to the second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Is it just me or Flora's voice is weird =.=? her voice almost pierce my eardrum lol.
Actually, I didn't have much of a problem with her voice, though she only had the one line, so I can't say for sure I won't in the future. Typical brash loli voice. Nothing special.

The Jie Long loli president, though, just seemed way off. Sounded too much like someone trying to sound overly cutesy, and not doing a very good job of it. If she turns out to be an older woman pretending to be a loli, that'll be one thing, but if not...ear cancer. No problem with anything else about the character, though.

Quote:
Honestly, she doesn't look that much younger than Saya does, or than Kirin is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
And another thing: it's very nice of both the LNs and the anime to provide romanizations of the terms and names used in the show. That should clear out any confusions.
True, but still..."Rewolf"? Should be "LeWolfe", or "LeWulf", even if those don't look like they sound.
Old 2016-04-03, 00:19   Link #53
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Alright, here we go again.

I still prefer Ikki & Stella duo.

I guess neither Ayato or Julis have feelings for each other, yet? Since Julis is just focused on winning the Tournament.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 00:59   Link #54
Dragon_Slayer_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I guess neither Ayato or Julis have feelings for each other, yet? Since Julis is just focused on winning the Tournament.
They have though but the development is gradual and they have more important things to think about atm instead of doing lovey-dovey stuff.

Btw if Julis was only focused about winning the tournament, there was no reason to ask Ayato about his wish. She has her goal but at the same time she is contributing to Ayato's development.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 09:35   Link #55
Arya

Quote:
Well, duh, but it's always funny seeing opponents being hyped to the highest heavens only to inevitably lose later on to the MCs.
That's something mandatory for the genre I suppose. To be fair what I like about Asterisk's fights is that its following some tournament logic and even that there's some strategy (almost from Julis).
Now that I think about it, the next opponents, the twins, have been depicted as masters of deception more than be actually particularly strong. What they need to do is be smarter not stronger.
Quote:
Btw if Julis was only focused about winning the tournament, there was no reason to ask Ayato about his wish. She has her goal but at the same time she is contributing to Ayato's development.
I think it's important to note as Julis (finally I'd say) asked about her sister, something should be Ayato primary goal, that's a sign of how close they have become. IIRC she already asked about his wish, but didn't go that far to address the elephant in the room, so to speak. I'd just like this second season indulge a bit more on their relationship. The previous season didn't do much in this regard.

In any case good first episode, I liked how they introduced that loli showing how strong she was, and then switched to the tournament, to have a term for comparison. Also glad they left the other two girls (I need to remember their names) for the next episode.
My be it's just me, but I felt like the tone or the mood has been less cheerful than the first season. Or it's just Ayato that looked a bit exhausted.

As I said glad that Julis went straight to the point with Ayato, who seems still in some form of denial or stuck. Hopefully they won't evade the subject for the whole season and then just make him realize at the last moment (as I'm expecting things will go).

mmm, I guess it would have been hard to come close to the OP/ED of season one.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 09:46   Link #56
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Nowhere near enough of Best Girl Claudia, but good episode, and good start to the second season.

The Jie Long loli president, though, just seemed way off. Sounded too much like someone trying to sound overly cutesy, and not doing a very good job of it. If she turns out to be an older woman pretending to be a loli, that'll be one thing, but if not...ear cancer. No problem with anything else about the character, though.
Looks like I've found a potential ally.

Agreed. She sounded like an old hag trying to sound cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
That's something mandatory for the genre I suppose. To be fair what I like about Asterisk's fights is that its following some tournament logic and even that there's some strategy (almost from Julis).
Now that I think about it, the next opponents, the twins, have been depicted as masters of deception more than be actually particularly strong. What they need to do is be smarter not stronger.
Yeah, and those twins would eventually be too smart for their own good.

While I am a sucker for tourney arcs, and I'm glad maybe more than half of this season will be tourney matches, I would like to see the unexpected lost cum twist.

If not, it'll just be a rinse and repeat process from here.
Old 2016-04-03, 09:52   Link #57
Wade Wilson
Banned

The lack of Kirin in this thread is making me cringe. Where are the kirin loves here?
Wade Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 09:55   Link #58
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
The lack of Kirin in this thread is making me cringe. Where are the kirin loves here?
Ugh.. That generic fap-bait moe-blob?

Very poor taste you have there, Mr Wilson.
Old 2016-04-03, 10:00   Link #59
Arya

Quote:
If not, it'll just be a rinse and repeat process from here.
Yeah, I'm also hoping they won't follow this path. At a certain point the sister plot will have to come into play (given also that the OP already gave us some foreshadowing) at least.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 10:49   Link #60
ImperialFlameGod8190

Its off to a good start but i'm not surprised this is the part LN readers like me were looking forward to. I must admit that i'm disappointed that people are bashing the episode not because of anything but my favorite harem member didnt show up. I'm sorry thats pathetic and i'll leave it at that

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote