AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-08-06, 03:12   Link #14541
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riika View Post
Lol at you guys' conversation. Thankfully it seems like the relationship talk won't explode into a war here like it did in some other threads.
It probably never will. NanoVita fans don't proclaim their pairing to be the true pairing, because we damn well know it isn't. We just enjoy it quietly from the background.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 03:41   Link #14542
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
romance has a very high chance of coming off sounding ridiculous instead of heartfelt.
Anakin x Padme. Enough said.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 03:55   Link #14543
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The worst part about that romance is how it ended. "She's lost the will to live" is an insult to mothers around the globe.

I love Star Wars, and I even like the prequels, but when it comes to romance George really should have hired someone to help him out.
Old 2009-08-06, 11:24   Link #14544
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Hi there! Glad you're enjoying my ViCia series so far, though I'm surprised that it's gotten so popular that people are even referring their friends to it. Always a nice surprise. ^^

Hope you have fun here. :3
I'm reading it, enjoying it, and incorporating BlackOps!Chrono into Nena's story. ^^; You'll need to read 4th phase to know how it comes about.

Let's just say that my little idea has gone from a oneshot concerning mages vs. particle beam weaponry, to a four-part full-blown story and now to a much longer-running series of stories continuing after the initial four-parter.

I've really taken to Nena, I am quite fond of her despite how off-the-cuff her creation was. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It probably never will. NanoVita fans don't proclaim their pairing to be the true pairing, because we damn well know it isn't. We just enjoy it quietly from the background.
Even as a "wishful thinking" pairing, it certainly is cute. Though it would count as lolicon. I would be interesting in seeing an adult Vita though. Rawr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Anakin x Padme. Enough said.
QFT.

Quote:
The worst part about that romance is how it ended. "She's lost the will to live" is an insult to mothers around the globe.

I love Star Wars, and I even like the prequels, but when it comes to romance George really should have hired someone to help him out.
I hate the prequels because they've strayed incredibly far from the originals.

I don't even mind the overuse of special effects--the original trilogy used a hell of a lot of special effects, just it was before the time of CGI tech.

No, what bugged me so bad was the plot (or lack of plot), the choice of actor for Anakin, the wallbanger retcons the prequels caused in the Expanded Universe (which had come up with far more believable explanations and backstories for many things)...

I could go on and on. While most folks say "it was all CGI wankery" I don't mind that part... as long as there's a plot to go with it.
Old 2009-08-06, 11:33   Link #14545
Riika
Senior Lurker

Quote:
Ah! I know Fuyu no Sora. And DezoPenguin comes around here too, so you'll see him posting every now and again.
Nice And yeah, I already saw that DezoPenguin's here We have clashing opinions concerning Nanoha's character...

Quote:
Yeah, I know the pairing's become popular, but it still surprises me.
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
XD there's a difference when referring to relationships in fics and writing them and just talking about it :3 luckily, we're all friends here and have open minds.
Yeah... this does not exactly prove true in all threads though...

Quote:
Redemption, yeah. I just have to write the final. For Vampire!Fate, its not really a fic, it's a collection of shorts. There is no ending planned at all <3
Yay for the first, aw for the second. I'm guessing I'll have to be content with having an end to Redemption then

Quote:
Lol. Yeah, I was simply saying that relationships in the MSLN uiverse seem to be a touchy issue and I was rather happy to see that it didn't blow up and become a topic for outraged people to head into battle with swords, shields, torches and pitchforks -_- (okay, so I'm exaggerating but only a little.)

Quote:
Lol. Couldn't agree more. Sure, she could be distraught over the loss of her lover but hey, she has children for heaven's sake.

Quote:
Ha ha xD. Nah, I think it's simply proof that the old man is indeed getting old

Quote:
No, what bugged me so bad was the plot (or lack of plot), the choice of actor for Anakin, the wallbanger retcons the prequels caused in the Expanded Universe (which had come up with far more believable explanations and backstories for many things)...
Erm...just a question: What's wrong with the actor?
Riika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 11:39   Link #14546
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
*coughs* Nothin' personal but I do believe this isn't a star wars thread. Though if you want to revive the Nanoha to Starwars list I'm still all for Zaffy as Chewy.

@Riika: I don't think I was around when you first got here (month long absence and all that) so er... Hello hello I'm TheShinySword welcome to the FFT.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 11:48   Link #14547
Riika
Senior Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
*coughs* Nothin' personal but I do believe this isn't a star wars thread. Though if you want to revive the Nanoha to Starwars list I'm still all for Zaffy as Chewy.

@Riika: I don't think I was around when you first got here (month long absence and all that) so er... Hello hello I'm TheShinySword welcome to the FFT.
Ah, right. Sorry, sorry, it became an interesting exchange And sure, Zafira would make an interesting Chewbacca Might be interesting for a crossover idea, hm....

Sorry for the late introduction ^^; I'm Riika, I've come back after a very long absence and I'm recently catching up with things here. I'm mostly a lurker, but this place has always had a thing for drawing me out and make me want to participate in the conversations
Riika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 11:50   Link #14548
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Go read my fics and try to avoid crack addiction! Remember kids, crack kills! ^^;
Old 2009-08-06, 12:02   Link #14549
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
*Facepalms* What kind of trouble has been brewing here while I was sick?

Quote:
Oh I had fun in the past, but my studies caught up with me and I left, lol.

As for the friend who referred me, have you met Fuyu no Sora-chan? She's a big fan of your ViCia series and has also spoken highly of DezoPenguin's (does he come here btw?) stories (especially his omakes ). Since she's picky with what she reads, she interested me and well, here I am
*Whacks with a metal, Harisen branded "Hayate Designs Ltd"*

Ri-chan, I thought we agreed you wouldn't tell her that! >///>;!

Quote:
Yeah, I know the pairing's become popular, but it still surprises me.
I told you it had become increasingly popular It's better than having more threesomes, right, right?!

Quote:
XD there's a difference when referring to relationships in fics and writing them and just talking about it :3 luckily, we're all friends here and have open minds.
Do we actually have open minds? (Joke )

Quote:
Redemption, yeah. I just have to write the final. For Vampire!Fate, its not really a fic, it's a collection of shorts. There is no ending planned at all <3
Hey, nice to see you haven't dropped it, I was beginning to worry :]

Shame about Vampire!Fate, but are you still writing out shorts?

Quote:
Ahh, yes. Keroko-kun has always been a NanoVita fan Shame there aren't more shorts or stories about them, I find them cute ^^ (although considering appearances, it would make Nanoha a lolicon )

Quote:
Lol. Yeah, I was simply saying that relationships in the MSLN uiverse seem to be a touchy issue and I was rather happy to see that it didn't blow up and become a topic for outraged people to head into battle with swords, shields, torches and pitchforks -_- (okay, so I'm exaggerating but only a little.)
*Whacks with metal Harisen again* You're exaggerating too much =P

Yeah, it's been a touchy subject, but I think things have calmed slightly. Besides, friendly talk about different pairings never hurt anyone

Quote:
Lol. Couldn't agree more. Sure, she could be distraught over the loss of her lover but hey, she has children for heaven's sake.

Ha ha xD. Nah, I think it's simply proof that the old man is indeed getting old

Erm...just a question: What's wrong with the actor?
Like Shiny said, we're not in a Star Wars thread here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Your favorite character is Zafira, isn't it, Shiny?
Old 2009-08-06, 12:20   Link #14550
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Disney_World!Family

Because the world needs more 5-year-old Vivio, dangit!

Spoiler for part 1:
Spoiler for part 2:
Spoiler for Part 3:
Spoiler for Part 4:
Spoiler for Part 5:
Spoiler for Part 6 (new):
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 12:40   Link #14551
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Even as a "wishful thinking" pairing, it certainly is cute. Though it would count as lolicon. I would be interesting in seeing an adult Vita though. Rawr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Ahh, yes. Keroko-kun has always been a NanoVita fan Shame there aren't more shorts or stories about them, I find them cute ^^ (although considering appearances, it would make Nanoha a lolicon )
I prefer to see it as a justified lolicon situation. After all, Vita simply isn't going to grow up, but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a lover.

That, and the fact that Vita technically is several centuries older than Nanoha balances things out.

I should get down to writing a NanoVita story sometime these days. Something that starts with Nanoha's accident. But the heat is draining, and I'm going to a LARP tomorrow anyway, meaning I'll be gone for four days.
Old 2009-08-06, 12:46   Link #14552
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Disney_World!Family

Because the world needs more 5-year-old Vivio, dangit!

Spoiler for Part 6 (new):
Lol. Thanks for the cute short, brightened up my day

Quote:
I prefer to see it as a justified lolicon situation. After all, Vita simply isn't going to grow up, but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a lover.

That, and the fact that Vita technically is several centuries older than Nanoha balances things out.
Point for you *Scoreboard marks a +1 for Keroko-kun*

Quote:
I should get down to writing a NanoVita story sometime these days. Something that starts with Nanoha's accident.
Indeed you should I'm interested in seeing what you come up with ^^

Quote:
But the heat is draining, and I'm going to a LARP tomorrow anyway, meaning I'll be gone for four days.
NOOOOOO!!! No Keroko-kun for FOUR DAYS?!

I is sad ;-;
Old 2009-08-06, 12:49   Link #14553
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

Your favorite character is Zafira, isn't it, Shiny?
Does the Pope S#^@ in the woods?

... wait a minute...

And remember kids. Crack is good.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 12:51   Link #14554
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

I should get down to writing a NanoVita story sometime these days. Something that starts with Nanoha's accident. But the heat is draining, and I'm going to a LARP tomorrow anyway, meaning I'll be gone for four days.
Well, when you get the time to do it, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

*Happens to like a bunch of different pairings, as long as it's well-written.*

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 12:51   Link #14555
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:

I'll try to have a NanoVita short here for you when you return <3
Old 2009-08-06, 12:58   Link #14556
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
I'll try to have a NanoVita short here for you when you return <3
Satashi, for some reason, I think you would be the most awesome friend to have in real life.

Probably because you're always smiling online.

Oh, and I LOVED the DisneyWorld!Family thing there. Teasing Nanoha is teasing.

Old 2009-08-06, 13:07   Link #14557
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

She's a nice friend to have period. =p Though it'd be nice if she'd answer her messages more often. >.>;
Old 2009-08-06, 13:19   Link #14558
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
She's a nice friend to have period. =p Though it'd be nice if she'd answer her messages more often. >.>;
heh, I bet.

*Gives you a cookie just because.*

Old 2009-08-06, 13:24   Link #14559
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I blame Satashii for my re-entry into fanfiction writing after avoiding it for about eight years. It's really been good for my original work, because it lets me keep writing even when I'm blocked on something, and there's a framework already in existence that I can just adjust to my liking.

I've been spending so much time on Nena's story, but at the same time my original novel has also been getting much more attention than it had been before I picked fanfiction back up again. I suppose it does bear mentioning that I'm not playing MMORPGs anymore either.
Old 2009-08-06, 15:10   Link #14560
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Satashi, for some reason, I think you would be the most awesome friend to have in real life.

Probably because you're always smiling online.

Oh, and I LOVED the DisneyWorld!Family thing there. Teasing Nanoha is teasing.
Aw thank you, that means a lot to me ^^ Yes, I smile a lot, except when I'm at work... unless I'm posting on the forums.

Quote:
Sorry T_T I get them on my phone and think "Oh, I need to reply" but never get around to it 'cause my notifacation is gone when I check it on my computer ^^; I guess you can ask on the forums here if it isn't too personal. you never know, someone may be able to answer it for me. *points to Allquall, Wanwan, Saharet, and lilgumba* they all know me well enough :3

And then there's Angel XD

Quote:
I blame Satashii for my re-entry into fanfiction writing after avoiding it for about eight years.
My mission is done here.

On the same note, writing Shana fics has really made me like writing again. I'm even interested in Nanoha more than I have been lately. I think I was just burnt out (again). Weird thing is, I still don't like the anime of Nanoha at all really. I don't have a burning desire to watch the movie, I have zero desire to read Force, and even Vivid is dying off....

But I still get excited when writing little shorts and the like. I think my problem is that I fell in love with "my versions" of the characters and the series to me is now "I could do this better..." so it isn't as enjoyable.

Which is weird 'cause I rarely ever hear people say "your characterization isn't right" anymore. Did I get better or are you people just used to my characters now? Excluding shorts, of course. Pervy!Nanoha is pervy.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha