Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-29, 23:55   Link #1
HimOsiris
第六隊隊長-Dai roku tai taichō

Question Serious Romance + Psychological

Looking for anime with the extreme romance, I mean with the feeling like
"I love you, I'll kill you but I'll love you forever". I am talking about serious sh!t here so any Gore, Violence and supernatural is more than welcome.
The best example would be:
Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners
Also, School Days and maybe
just maybe Ga-rei zero but its yuri, don't need homo!!.
Old 2011-01-30, 03:19   Link #2
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Onani Master Kurosawa.. read it.

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-30, 06:50   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I would recommend reading the Tsukihime and Fate Stay Night Visual novels if you haven't done so already.
Old 2011-01-30, 08:13   Link #4
kitten320

Lol there was always Noriyuki in Ga-Rei

Anyway what else came to my mind is Baccano, there are a lot of different couplings but two of them really fit under that "Love you, kill you" category, though one of the couples is more expended is 2 special episodes.

Inuyasha but that would be sister/brother bond so not exactly what you want but also suit well with the quote.

Maybe Mai HiME? Though the theme will be more like "I love you and that is why I'll kill someone else in order to save you", does have some yuri but there is enough of straight couplings.

Elfen Lied
is quiet brutal and also goes more along the lines as Mai HiME.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - there are more like hints on romance than actual romance action but characters are attached to each other and since they are assasins, wanting to kill each other does rise often.

Shiki - not really a romance but relatives/loved once and friends have to be killed if you want to survive, quiet brutal. There is the reason to why they have to die.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:19   Link #5
HimOsiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I would recommend reading the Tsukihime and Fate Stay Night Visual novels if you haven't done so already.
Fate/Stay night for real? I don't think so.... seen the whole series can't believe Visual Novel would be that different. Same with Tsukihime.

Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post
Onani Master Kurosawa.. read it.
How do you expect to satisfy someone who is looking for Gore and psycho romance by suggesting to read manga?

No manga please!! Only anime ty
Old 2011-01-30, 13:31   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimOsiris View Post
Fate/Stay night for real? I don't think so.... seen the whole series can't believe Visual Novel would be that different. Same with Tsukihime.
The Heaven's Feel route which was never animated is actually vastly different. The first two routes more idealistic but the last route is a lot darker and more like Kara no Kyoukai. Believe me, I didn't like the anime either (Nor the film).
Old 2011-01-30, 13:38   Link #7
HimOsiris

wow! that was instant reply lols... sounds tempting. But how exactly is a visual novel different from manga, donno never read one.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:40   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Welcome to the NHK! has a putative romance where one, and perhaps both, of the prospective partners have psychological issues. No gore, though.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:41   Link #9
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimOsiris View Post
wow! that was instant reply lols... sounds tempting. But how exactly is a visual novel different from manga, donno never one.
Well for one thing, pictures are in color.

You'll have the voices aswell. The format allows for you to know more of what exactly is going through Shirou's mind (once you've read the VN, I'll think you'll come to the conclusion that he isn't as much of an idiot as everyone makes him out to be).

There will also be a soundtrack running, and Fate Stay Night has a pretty epic one to boot.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:49   Link #10
HimOsiris

So visual novel is real close to anime, I guess i should indulge more in those. Are these fan-made (third party) or they are done by the company like the manga. Are these available for most of manga?.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:54   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't there are a lot of Visual Novels translated to english. I think they're usually done by companies (e.g Fate Stay Night) but some are just fan made (e.g Tsukihime)
Old 2011-01-30, 13:58   Link #12
HimOsiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Lol there was always Noriyuki in Ga-Rei
Inuyasha but that would be sister/brother bond so not exactly what you want but also suit well with the quote.
Wow you lost me there. Where exactly was this can't remember at all? Are u talking about final act i.e. the new one.
Quote:
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - there are more like hints on romance than actual romance action but characters are attached to each other and since they are assasins, wanting to kill each other does rise often.
Ya good example but It really makes you starve for romance.
Elven Lied - ya nice gore n romance, too main stream lols...my 4th anime chronologically.
Old 2011-01-30, 14:02   Link #13
HimOsiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Welcome to the NHK! has a putative romance where one, and perhaps both, of the prospective partners have psychological issues. No gore, though.
Just One word Weird, but then Thats what a Dark Comedy is supposed to be. But it has to be serious no comedy. Thanks!
Old 2011-01-30, 20:04   Link #14
kitten320

In Inuyasha I meant Sango and Kohaku relationship, since there were a lot of times where they were about to kill each other. But as I said it isn't exactly what you are looking for
Though now that you meantion it, the whole Kikyou/Inuyasha romance is on such level especially on Kikyous side.

Yeh, if you are starving for actual romance, Phantom won't work that well...
So yeh, out of my list I recommend Baccano the most.

About Fate/Stay Night, in 3rd route some characters go evil what bring this theme into the story. And yeh, VN is done by big companies. They have sound, text and still images - something like slideshow.
If you are interested, I can send you the link where you can see the whole actual thing like if you are playing the game, with translation.
Old 2011-01-30, 20:07   Link #15
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Higurashi seems to fit the bill. Surprised it wasn't mentioned yet,
Old 2011-01-30, 23:33   Link #16
HimOsiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Higurashi seems to fit the bill. Surprised it wasn't mentioned yet,
Ya not seen it, although I heard about it. Thanks.

Quote:
About Fate/Stay Night, in 3rd route some characters go evil what bring this theme into the story. And yeh, VN is done by big companies. They have sound, text and still images - something like slideshow.
If you are interested, I can send you the link where you can see the whole actual thing like if you are playing the game, with translation.
Onegaishimasu!!
Couldn't find it anywhere.