AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-03, 14:16   Link #21
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I knew this chapter would focus on the after math of Luffy's identity being revealed, boy am I glad it did and can't tosee that in the anime

What the the heck Rebecca? Don't you look into people's History before doing that kind of stuff? If any thing she should have tried to become his ally, not kill him

Luffy gaining fans left and right, would love it if Don's grand kids became big fans too and followed him around like love sick puppies along with Bart

I think Luffy's group on the Island while the others are doing things will be Bellamy / Don / his grand kids / Bart / Rebecca and maybe that guy who wants to kill him ( What's his name again? ) I think they'll be traveling with him once things get settled around that place till he meets up with the others.

Seems like a fun chapter, can't wait for more details

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-09-03, 14:33   Link #22
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

What's happening to animesuki with new members that just insult/attack memebrs/posters instead of the argument itself? To those who do that, rest assured i won't replay back. I am here to have a civilized discussion of anime/manga i love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatakamata View Post
Well, since Moria only met Hogback and started to build his zombie army around ten years ago just after Kaido defeated him, and since we know that Sabo is roughly the same age as Ace, that means if Kaido is Sabo, he massacred the entire Moria's crew when he's still around ten or twelve years old...
Ok, this is an example of a more civilized discussion. Attacking the argument instead of the person/poster behind it.

First, age isn't a factor of strength in one piece. Rob Lucci at the age of 13, without any sort of devil fruit power was able to get hit by 4 canons and defeat pirates in new world alone.
Who were his trainers? Probably some elite marines ( maybe vice admiral level at best).

Now If Sabo was saved by dragon, was given a devil fruit and then trained by dragon and his elite revolutionaries, then wouldn't it make plausible that he would be some what strong? Rob lucci was a side character/villain. If Sabo comes back he will be a main character.
Also one can't take everything Oda sensei says at it's face/text value. Oda sensei gives hints ( generally very subtle hints) but generally speaking he doesn't reveal major future events.

Think Buggy here or you know the guy that had a similar face to Sanji. Buggy hates Shanks because he saved his life and that other guy hated Sanji because he had a similar face . Think Gold d roger vs Shiki ( Edd war). Before the war getting animated we just knew that Roger defeated Shiki, but when the movie was shown Roger only defeated Shiki because of the whole storm destroying Shiki's fleet. Roger basically destroyed/annihilated ( so was portrayed that way before the movie airing) without even lifting a hand. Yet still Shiki hold a grudge against "him" for destroying his pirates.

^ what is my point? Sabo/kaido didn't have to actually face Moriah directly. Certain events ( maybe even sabo outsmarting him) might have lead to his defeat. The above examples are just a few out of many reasons as why the text shouldn't be taken as face value and also why one piece is so great.

A bit more power levels. Brownbeard (sama) was at the dangerous part of the new world. He got there despite being so weak. So you can get to the new world even without being some badass pirate. We don't even know how strong Moriah was when he was at the new world 10 years prior to getting defeated by strawhat whom at the time were weaker even than that Sumo wrestling guy. In the ten years following Moriah's defeat, the revenge itself could have made him stronger than he was ten years ago ( yet still super weak) The relative power in one piece is all over the place and a little bit messy ( just a little). Crocodile was defeated by luffy but then was able to hold Doflamingo whom seems to be admiral level ( w/kings haki) and then Luffy was easily defeated by basically most of the people at Marineford. You can't really ( well you can) say just because he was 10/12 , he couldn't have done it just because it is one piece we are talking about.

I hope connecting these points/info can clarify as why i believe age wouldn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
I don't mind you throwing around crack pot theories ....

Also if you include 3 different types of maybes whatifs or could be's to make a theory possible then you're just throwing enough mud at the wall, for some of it to stick. Which is fine in a wild theories discussion thread but is out of place here.
Actually i have been told similar words about my theories ( crack pot, silly, stupid, ...), but then when they happen, i don't see those people who called those theories such names around for discussion any more for some reason. They seem to be busy posting in other threads. For those who actually come back to discuss, they either call the author stupid or that they "knew it" all along.

As for this being out of place, i will leave that for the mods to decide. If they are out of place then i will stop.

P.S. Making theories is all about What Ifs ( making assumptions), connecting what you know and then come up with your theory/conclusion. I don't believe in one theory fit all. I always make different theories ( sometimes very contradicting theories ) about the same topic. It's not about being right or wrong. It's about talking about what you think is possible ( keyword: possible).

Cheers.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-09-03 at 14:47.
Old 2013-09-03, 16:03   Link #23
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Spoiler for wall of text:
The problem I have though, is that your theory of Sabo being Kaido has 3 big what ifs. 1st one is Sabo being alive. 2nd him being taken in by the revolutionaries who give him a DF and 3rdly him becoming Kaido by leaving the revolutionaries all before the age of 15.....
That's fanfiction material right there.
I was with you on him being alive and a revolutionary since there is some foreshadowing, but there's nothing that connects Sabo and Kaido to make them 1 person. So this is were your just overdoing it on what might be possible and go to the illogical.

If we don't stick to some common sense in a discussion about the chapter of the week we'll be talking about flying unicorns and Luffy clones with a star wars backdrop in no time.
Old 2013-09-03, 18:21   Link #24
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Sabo being Kaido isn't even remotely possible for reasons already explained. Whitemoon648, with all due respect, you have to use common sense sometimes. It's true that One Piece can be fairly erratic and unpredictable at times, but that doesn't mean anything is possible. I commend you for trying to theorize something with creativity and imagination, but your theory just isn't plausible. Please don't take this as an attack at you, but rather take it as constructive criticism.

-----

The conversation between Burgess and Blackbeard concerning Aokiji is what's caught my interest the most. Makes one wonder what the deal is there.
Old 2013-09-03, 20:24   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Problem is the spoiler doesn't go into details about the reason of this move. We shall just wait.

I thought the spoiler sort of DID elaborate on her reasons, though. She basically wanted to thin out the competition so she has a better chance of obtaining the Mera Mera fruit. And so she figured it would be better to take him out now that he has a low guard due to winning his first round rather than facing him at his full strength in the ring. Might seem underhanded, but it's an effective plan nonetheless....
Old 2013-09-03, 23:15   Link #26
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
1st one is Sabo being alive. 2nd him being taken in by the revolutionaries who give him a DF and 3rdly him becoming Kaido by leaving the revolutionaries all before the age of 15.....
Sabo is definitely alive.

Don't know about him being Kaido though.
Old 2013-09-04, 01:56   Link #27
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just put the summary up, guys.

Barto made the chapter. OH GOD THE FUJOSHIS ARE COMING
Old 2013-09-04, 02:12   Link #28
marvelB

^Learning of Barto's attitude towards Luffy actually makes me look forward to Cavendish dropping his silly revenge on him even more. Then he can finally join the harem alongside Barto and Don Chinjao and spend the rest of the series squabbling with them over Luffy's affection.

Also: Blackbeard's Denden mushi is awesome.
Old 2013-09-04, 02:18   Link #29
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
How can you be so sure?
IIRC the last time he was seen was in a flashback which took place more then 10 years ago. A lot could have happened during this time which could have killed him, even when he survived the flashback.

If he really is alive: Why did he never try to contact his best friends?
It was already obvious in the chapter he "died" that he didn't die.
There were massive amounts of hints in the very chapter.

On top of that, Oda hinted it again with the sake cups at Ace's grave, which pretty much confirmed what we already figured.
Old 2013-09-04, 02:18   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
If he really is alive: Why did he never try to contact his best friends?

To take a page out of your book: A lot could have happened during that time. Circumstances could have (and still does) prevent him from contacting Luffy in any way.

As for the whole alive/dead thing..... I've went through that song and dance routine more than enough times for me to care about jumping back in it anymore.....
Old 2013-09-04, 02:24   Link #31
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Learning of Barto's attitude towards Luffy actually makes me look forward to Cavendish dropping his silly revenge on him even more. Then he can finally join the harem alongside Barto and Don Chinjao and spend the rest of the series squabbling with them over Luffy's affection.

Also: Blackbeard's Denden mushi is awesome.
That den den mushi had me laughing. It looks exactly like BB's fucked up teeth and mustache. And just like Luffy to stop Rebecca's attack while eating his bento.
Old 2013-09-04, 02:33   Link #32
Homura7

Now Luffy knows Rebecca's reason for participating in this tournament let's just see how things go down. And I knew she was unwilling to do this, but I suppose the gladiator telling her to slice Luffy must be a thug from the Doflamingo family.
Old 2013-09-04, 03:00   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^No it's one of the gladiators in the cell.
They all seem to be friends of Rebecca and did it for her sake.

They're all enemies of Dofla, so likely yet another addition to the rebellion.
Old 2013-09-04, 04:48   Link #34
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So saying that he is alive in the present for sure is what I criticize.
Sorry, but I just got three words for you.

Laugh out loud.
Old 2013-09-04, 04:55   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I don't doubt, that he survived the flashback. I'm pretty sure of this myself.
The thing is: This happened 12 years ago. A lot of time for anything to happen. He could have died by a disease or drowned in the sea. There are hundreds of ways to die offscreen for him.
So saying that he is alive in the present for sure is what I criticize.
.......... you do realize Ace died just recently, and his grave was built recently right?
or are you trolling?
Old 2013-09-04, 05:02   Link #36
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Sorry, but I just got three words for you.

Laugh out loud.
Sorry,but I got 1 word for you.

Troll.
Old 2013-09-04, 05:30   Link #37
imza

Quote:
Ace died two years ago.

And I'm not trolling. I'm just beeing logical. The fact that Sabo survived 12 years ago (and was alive 2 years ago) has nothing to do with the question whether he is alive in the present or not. Those are two completely different things and we cannot conclude from one to the other.
Fact is: We don't know if he is alive at present until we get a confirmation.
Your logic is absolutely sound....for the real world. However, for an anime or any story that is being told, it is not as sound because it would make no sense for Oda to hint at Sabo surviving and building it up only to have him obscurely die before we ever saw him again. Off course it's not impossible that he has died in the last 2 years even but given the context of the story, it doesn't seem probable.
Old 2013-09-04, 05:38   Link #38
JonSnow

If Sabo's alive, then we might as well say that Gol D. Rogers and Ace is alive, since we just disregarded the fact that the mountain bandits said he's dead and it was stated in the data book as deceased. Let just use some way out guesses like Dragon was holding an injured kid which is Sabo and it was a Gol D. Rogers look alike and an Ace clone that died. The reason Sabo's death didn't have that much impact was because Oda already showed Ace's death which was really sad before that.
Old 2013-09-04, 05:41   Link #39
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
If Sabo's alive, then we might as well say that Gol D. Rogers and Ace is alive, since we just disregarded the fact that the mountain bandits said he's dead and it was stated in the data book as deceased. Let just use some way out guesses like Dragon was holding an injured kid which is Sabo and it was a Gol D. Rogers look alike and an Ace clone that died. The reason Sabo's death didn't have that much impact was because Oda already showed Ace's death which was really sad before that.
Ace/Roger's death are not even comparable to Sabo's death, who died off screen and no dead body was present.

And if your going to claim that the situation with Dragon holding an injured boy right after he was watching the situation with Sabo is "some way out guesses" than you have to actually prove that. To me it would seem really odd that Oda would be purposely messing with us to put that little bit right there if he just meant Dragon had picked up some other random child who happened to be injured at the ceremony.
Old 2013-09-04, 05:58   Link #40
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
Ace/Roger's death are not even comparable to Sabo's death, who died off screen and no dead body was present.

And if your going to claim that the situation with Dragon holding an injured boy right after he was watching the situation with Sabo is "some way out guesses" than you have to actually prove that. To me it would seem really odd that Oda would be purposely messing with us to put that little bit right there if he just meant Dragon had picked up some other random child who happened to be injured at the ceremony.
The area where the nobles dump their trash were burned to the ground, a lot of poor civilians probably got injured the night before the world nobles arrived. It could be anyone from that area. Besides if it was dragon that saved Sabo from drowning, then we can assume that Dragon is not a DF user, to be able to swim and save Sabo, right?Now back to the topic. Bartolomeo's going to be one of those psycho fan of Luffy and if he temporary joins the SH's in their journey, I can already see him beating up and stabbing anyone who disrespects Luffy. Just like a psycho bodyguard. That is if he gets over being shy around Luffy