Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Kira reads Chinese version, so you need to translate the title for him

--> "But my little sis is a zombie!"
Thanks, Lareth.

Some siscon LN?
Old 2011-05-31, 17:51   Link #523
apr
Pedestrian

Got done reading Golden Time vol 2 tonight. The prologue picked things up right away, but then it backpedaled massively with the first chapter, and most of the middle felt like filler (shopping, coffee, boozing). Luckily the finale made up for it, but now I'm stuck on a cliffhanger until vol 3 shows up this summer.

Trying Kami-sama no Memo-chou next.
Old 2011-05-31, 20:06   Link #524
Undertaker

Wow, what's this, I never knew there are this many Chinese literacy people on this forum. Guess I really need to spend more time check around this forum then trolling is once in a while in OP and Recent Anime.

I don't know why, but that title with the little sister and zombie sounds really interesting to me...
Old 2011-06-01, 03:19   Link #525
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Chinese is a lot easier for Japanese for me, but I can say that, knowing Chinese certainly makes learning Japanese easier.

I find that visual novels have a lot less false-incest than light novels. Maybe that's just the ones that I'm playing, though.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:04   Link #526
Kunagisa

Oricon's half year ranking's out (Link).

LN Bunko: Link.
Literature: Link.

Nisio's doing pretty well with both of his books (he's not in the LN ranking though). Baka to Test book 9's topping the individual ranking (keep in mind that came out end of Jan, New Testament is March, and Oreimo just came out). I like IS; while I'm happy to see it do so well, like I've mentioned in other topics however, its popularity's just so overhyped (also looks like Yumizuru is getting really stressed out these days ...). Glad to see Durarara is still hanging on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Trying Kami-sama no Memo-chou next.
Hope you enjoy that one!

EDIT: Omg! 8/10 Dengeki sales = Durarara 10, SAO 8, and New Testament 2 (who cares about this one right =D; Link).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 10:42   Link #527
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
EDIT: Omg! 8/10 Dengeki sales = Durarara 10, SAO 8, and New Testament 2 (who cares about this one right =D; Link).
Golden Time v03 is the most important release that day.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:26   Link #528
apr
Pedestrian

With this week's light novel sales ranking out from Oricon, it's pretty clear that Haruhi still rules the world. The new volume sold 341k in its first week.

Oreimo v8 is doing pretty well too, reaching 195k after three weeks out.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:33   Link #529
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Chinese is a lot easier for Japanese for me, but I can say that, knowing Chinese certainly makes learning Japanese easier.

I find that visual novels have a lot less false-incest than light novels. Maybe that's just the ones that I'm playing, though.
That's because any incest is necessarily real for a H-scene....

Quote:
Wow, what's this, I never knew there are this many Chinese literacy people on this forum. Guess I really need to spend more time check around this forum then trolling is once in a while in OP and Recent Anime.
Plenty of us are Asian or of Chinese blood apparently...

Quote:
With this week's light novel sales ranking out from Oricon, it's pretty clear that Haruhi still rules the world. The new volume sold 341k in its first week.
it took down Index? Not bad...
Old 2011-06-01, 21:56   Link #530
larethian

I'm actually one of the 341k. Long live the Goddess!
Pleased to be also one of the 195k.

Last edited by larethian; 2011-06-01 at 22:10.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 22:14   Link #531
Undertaker

The ranking isn't too surprising, IS is getting huge boost from the anime with some finely designed girls.

Hruhi is showing she's still the queen, and the next volume si slotted 15th of this month.

Literaturary side, the -monogatari series is showing bakemonogatari is still strong with next volume also scheduled for this month.

BTW, OP is putting up another crooked number, seriously, I love OP, but 23.36 million copies in 6 month? That is insane, it's on pace to easily shatter last years' 32 million...
Old 2011-06-01, 22:32   Link #532
Kunagisa

Quote:
I'm actually one of the 341k. Long live the Goddess!
Pleased to be also one of the 195k.
I'm still stuck on Snow Mountain Syndrome (or whatever it was called ...) cause I used to read it from BT. For some reason it was amazing when I first read it, but after stopping for a while so many other stuff seem better ;___;.
Old 2011-06-01, 22:37   Link #533
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm still stuck on Snow Mountain Syndrome (or whatever it was called ...) cause I used to read it from BT. For some reason it was amazing when I first read it, but after stopping for a while so many other stuff seem better ;___;.
actually they shouldn't have delayed it. I think Haruhi ushered in the golden era of LNs (I believe). for me at least, since it's my first . but now, I have to read all those between Disappearance till Astonishment to refresh my memory. *timeslip*

and on BT, it's the only series with a subforum for every single volume.
Old 2011-06-01, 22:37   Link #534
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Plenty... of us are Asian or of Chinese blood apparently...

it took down Index? Not bad...
Haruhi has like god knows how many years of no sales to catch up But yeah, it was kind of a long shot for Index in the first place, but at least it still has the lead in overall sales.

As for other series; im glad to know that oreimo's recent development didnt affect its sales... i think. IS on the other hand... Is it a matter of residue hype from the anime? or have i completely misjudge this series?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 22:40   Link #535
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Haruhi has like god knows how many years of no sales to catch up But yeah, it was kind of a long shot for Index in the first place, but at least it still has the lead in overall sales.

As for other series; im glad to know that oreimo's recent development didnt affect its sales... i think. IS on the other hand... Is it a matter of residue hype from the anime? or have i completely misjudge this series?
I totally agree it's residue hype, though it's just an opinionated take. I'll interested to know the sales figures for volume 8. Based on the summaries (since I don't read it except for volume 1), I have a feeling that it has a remarkable similarity to Bleach (i.e. losing steam and its fanbase)
Old 2011-06-01, 23:15   Link #536
Kunagisa

Quote:
since it's my first .
Me too! *High Five*

I also agree about the golden era thing.

Also, you should read this post if you haven't already =D.

To everyone else (except apr and his sympathizers since I'm fairly certain he won't find this worth his time ), should try

Title: Madan no Ou to Vanadis

Synopsis: There are seven battle maidens (senki) who are descendants bestowed with weapons from a dragon to rule over the neighboring country (don't ask why they didn't conquer the whole world that's explained in the book ). Due to reasons (I actually forgot already), the main character's country went to war and he became captive to one of the maiden ...

Yeah I suck at summaries, and I wasn't going to read this originally (the art didn't appeal to me and the description is pretty much just as crappy as my synopsis), but I was promised the main guy is strong, no ecchi (I would have to agree on this point after reading it, but I'm sure many will disagree), and a decent plot. The plot turned out average (nothing creative like ItsuTen or Horizon) except for a few twists, but the characters turned out fairly down to earth and pretty likable (especially the main), so I'm recommending it nonetheless due to pretty badass archery near the end of the first volume.
Old 2011-06-01, 23:17   Link #537
Undertaker

IS is definitely running on the popularity of anime. I'll second that the book itself is just slightly above average. But it does have some of the more interesting female characters and designs.

To me, its a guilty pleasure-type of title.
Old 2011-06-13, 18:25   Link #538
apr
Pedestrian

Kami-sama no Memo-chou vol 1 was alright, I suppose. It was pleasant enough to read, so I don't really want to complain too much. Basically felt like a mix of Gosick and Durarara. My main issure with it is that I can't suspend disbelief enough to accept Alice as a character. She just comes across as such a nerd fantasy. Probably won't bother with the rest of the series because of that.
Old 2011-06-15, 06:51   Link #539
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I agree with Alice's character. It would be better to make her as a hikkikomori male instead IMO, but still with the same wit and sharp tongue(somewhere along the line of Dr. House I guess). Still, I like the story a lot since it's one of the rare detective story that doesn't deal with murder(and theft). I mean, murder in Japan? It's not like Japan is America where murder rate is high and a lot of people possess gun in their home.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 16:35   Link #540
Zakoo

Don't know if that's the thread but well ..

Since a light novel is -by definition- a novel for teenager, how much japenese language knowledge one's need ? Kanji-wise, are there any furigana inside?
I mean to those who are reading it here, is it really hard? After how many months or years of training, somebody can read one?

Thanks in advance.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels