AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-16, 19:20   Link #1421
miketyson

Yup, read the article. Full title is "Mirai Nikki: Another World", or something like that, seems more like just borrowing the idea of "future diaries" and doing something different. Since imho the "future diaries" are actually pretty hard to use well in a story I don't expect great things (amongst numerous other reasons), but I'm still curious to see what they do with it.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 19:38   Link #1422
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

This could actually be anywhere between pretty good and really bad. Though I actually think I might like it.
At least last time I watched a suspense/thriller kind of drama, I liked it even though there's obviously always budget constraints.

I've been following the past few pages of discussion and as I've actually not read the manga (yet), I wish I could participate but of course I just went and spoiled myself a few episodes back.
This really makes it hard to discuss the show, which is a shame as there could be so much speculation :/
Aww well.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 20:30   Link #1423
kitten320

So Yuno really follows Yuki just because of that? Ok she had rough future and all but once she killed her parents, she really could have found a better reason to live than that =/
Besides I don't like her cutely voice I prefer the one when she called the guys idiots...

Ok Yuno's parents were not the best and it does explain why she is twisted but it still is not enough to make a killing machine out of her... also where did sh get all those fighting skills if she was always locked? The twisted girl from Deadman Wonderland made more sence since she was actually physically tortured and had all kind of weapons at home while here Yuno was locked in and starved...

Ah, looks like Yukki finally grew some balls. It's about time!
Also I can't believe how easily he forgave his father who was scheming behind his back, left him to die and then killed his mother... just how on earth can you trust such person?!

And no, Yukki/Yuno pairing in not my type at all because it is a very ridiculous pairing.

P.S. A live action, Japanese movie? I bet it will suck ass... haven't seen a single good live action movie based on anime, especially Japanese...
Old 2012-02-17, 12:09   Link #1424
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
P.S. A live action, Japanese movie? I bet it will suck ass... haven't seen a single good live action movie based on anime, especially Japanese...
Oldboy (based on a manga) is what you're looking for

As for why It's getting a live action,well it will air on fuji TV's saturday night drama slot.

I know Liar Game aired on that slot and maybe they figure the premise of Mirai Nikki might appeal to people that like Liar Game.

If it's anything like Liar Game though,expect the campyness level to be over 9000
Old 2012-02-17, 12:58   Link #1425
ookamigirl

Yuno sure was funny in that rabbit suit.
She did traumatize that poor kid too.
Well... poor Yukkii is now all alone.
Guess he has no choice now but to become god and bring them all back to life.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:03   Link #1426
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
So Yuno really follows Yuki just because of that? Ok she had rough future and all but once she killed her parents, she really could have found a better reason to live than that =/
Becoming Yukki's bride being the only hope she has for a future seems kind of....... sad?
Old 2012-02-18, 00:01   Link #1427
hero147

Quote:
Besides I don't like her cutely voice I prefer the one when she called the guys idiots...

Ok Yuno's parents were not the best and it does explain why she is twisted but it still is not enough to make a killing machine out of her... also where did sh get all those fighting skills if she was always locked? The twisted girl from Deadman Wonderland made more sence since she was actually physically tortured and had all kind of weapons at home while here Yuno was locked in and starved...

Also I can't believe how easily he forgave his father who was scheming behind his back, left him to die and then killed his mother... just how on earth can you trust such person?!

And no, Yukki/Yuno pairing in not my type at all because it is a very ridiculous pairing.

I don't think Yuno's backstory is quite finished yet. So there could definitely be more to the story than what we've seen so far.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 03:44   Link #1428
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

Well, the iPhone in Mirai Nikki universe shatters just as easily as the one in real life xD.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Ami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 06:18   Link #1429
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:

I totally get what you're saying, but neither character is mentally sane and neither is prone to making logical decisions, so from that perspective, it actually makes perfect sense.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 06:32   Link #1430
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Yuno is a killing machine because of he mentality, instincts, and a lifetime of training in gymnastics, martial arts, etc. Her parents wanted her to be "perfect." So they probably had her training to become an Olympic level athlete and high ranked scholar in order to get into a top University and win awards to make them proud.

Anyhow, Yuno is a natural born killer.

Yuno and Yuki are perfect for each other. Both were obsessed with each other without them realizing it. Yuno was a stalker. Yuki was a secret admirer. Both are emotionally needy. They work great as a team.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:44   Link #1431
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
I feel out-of-place for not hating Yukki. I actually like him (and I reeeaaaally hate beta wimpy MCs), and I can see that he's trying.. and he's not holding the plot back by being a wimp, but actually helping to drive it on and on. I'm kinda neutral on Yuno, always have been.. I just can never tell if I like her.

But there are times where Yukki's manned up and done stuff. It'd be unrealistic if he changed forever from a meek naive boy to a badass man, so don't expect it. However, he doesn't just sit there and let everything happen around him. Sure, he uses Yuno (and his other friends), but it's basically what he can do. Would you honestly expect a normal non-combat-trained teenage boy thrown into a survival game to suddenly have all the skill, know-how and strength to get by on his own?
The flashback from Yuno's family life before the game started made me moved my opinions about her back into the grey-zone, though I do not believe that her parents putting her up in a cage and starving her daughter is enough pressure on her to make her snap into a full-fledged, psychotic killer.

It would have made more sense had Yuno put up with that kind of abuse as a little girl like how she's portrayed in the current ending, though as someone else has posted before I don't believe this is the end of Yunos' flashbacks.

As for Yukki, it was hard for me to watch him snap out of self-defense and finally pull the guts to kill the men that killed his father, but likely it became disheartening when Yuno entered the scene.

And, I didn't sob for Yukki's dad supposed declaration of grief and regret at killing his former wife. The guy literally sold out his own son to have his debts cleared in the previous episode, and the writers are expecting from the audience to be lenient and forgiving towards such a two-faced man?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:49   Link #1432
miketyson

Guido: being lenient is a stretch, but it's not unreasonable for Yukiteru to be lenient (especially given what we know about Yukiteru). Think about it: of course he hates his dad for killing his mom, but at the same time Yukiteru knows he's a bit of a hypocrite himself, because he's still planning on killing his own "wife", Yuno. Hence Yukiteru's anguish: his mom is dead, his dad is dead, he only has Yuno left, he's going to have to kill her soon, too. Tough life.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:55   Link #1433
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Guido: being lenient is a stretch, but it's not unreasonable for Yukiteru to be lenient (especially given what we know about Yukiteru). Think about it: of course he hates his dad for killing his mom, but at the same time Yukiteru knows he's a bit of a hypocrite himself, because he's still planning on killing his own "wife", Yuno. Hence Yukiteru's anguish: his mom is dead, his dad is dead, he only has Yuno left, he's going to have to kill her soon, too. Tough life.
I did not mean Yukiteru behaving unreasonably by feeling lenient toward his father, I meant for myself being part of the audience that watches this show.

I cannot bring myself to be in Yukki's position if a relative close to me metaphorically backstabs me out of personal gain or to save himself or herself from a messy affair.

Right now, I do understand that Yukki's pretty alone and only has Yuno as his last shred of what I would term a "non-conventional" family or dear member. What I dislike about Yuno, anyways, is that her predictions about people harming Yukki tend to be right or ending up in that outcome, but that gives her no excuse to slap them, again metaphorically, on his face.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 12:07   Link #1434
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What I dislike about Yuno, anyways, is that her predictions about people harming Yukki tend to be right or ending up in that outcome, but that gives her no excuse to slap them, again metaphorically, on his face.
Huh? Why not, she's trying to prevent him from being killed In real life, even if we predict that some people may be bad for our friends/love interests, we're most likely better off waiting for them to get burned and learn their lesson (lest they hate us for speaking badly about their precious darlings), and that maybe makes Yuno seem like a meddler every time before she is proven right... but it's kind of hard to let him make his own mistakes if they mean he'll die...
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 14:08   Link #1435
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
19th Episode is out! Although you have to wait to the subs for a while.
Spoiler for EP19:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 17:14   Link #1436
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Yuno is a killing machine because of he mentality, instincts, and a lifetime of training in gymnastics, martial arts, etc. Her parents wanted her to be "perfect." So they probably had her training to become an Olympic level athlete and high ranked scholar in order to get into a top University and win awards to make them proud.

Anyhow, Yuno is a natural born killer.

Yuno and Yuki are perfect for each other. Both were obsessed with each other without them realizing it. Yuno was a stalker. Yuki was a secret admirer. Both are emotionally needy. They work great as a team.
Being "perfect" doesn't involve sports. They could think that brains are most important so who cares about sports? There was not a single thing indicating that she did any kind of sports.

Natural born instincts still need some kind of experience and training. Take a look at Phantom: requiem for the Phantom. The guy went through huge training before becoming a proffesional assassin while here Yuno is taking down 100 of people and proffesional killers without any real experience and special training

Besides if I were to choose whose past was the worst so far, that's 100% Tsubaki... that girl had all rights to go mad shit on everyone yet she still was sane for biggest part. Even if she had her sight, I doubt she would go on rampage and chopping people to pieces like Yuno.
Old 2012-02-19, 17:53   Link #1437
monsta666

Quote:
Being "perfect" doesn't involve sports. They could think that brains are most important so who cares about sports? There was not a single thing indicating that she did any kind of sports.
Well being 'perfect' may not just encompass mental faculties. It may also include physical attributes as well. Yes, being perfect in so many fields is very hard but if her parents wanted her to be perfect then maybe they wanted her to be a genius in her studies and physical endeavours. It would certainly lead to a hot schooling type of environment that she would resist and later resent her parents for. But I am just speculating here, it is just a possible explanation as to why she is so good at fighting. Perhaps they will explain it later in the series but if not then that is the assumption we can make.

Quote:
Natural born instincts still need some kind of experience and training. Take a look at Phantom: requiem for the Phantom. The guy went through huge training before becoming a proffesional assassin while here Yuno is taking down 100 of people and proffesional killers without any real experience and special training
As for her madness, yes Yuno is mentality unstable but her insanity has also paradoxically helped her in achieving her goals. By totally disregarding any moral or social norms she can narrow her thoughts to achieving only one thing, and that is to save Yukki. A normal person may hesitate to brutally kill ten people to save their lover but as Yuno is not sane she doesn't need to blink an eyelid to accomplish such things. It is certainly an advantage when one needs to make brutal split-second decisions on life and death. Yuno is not burdened by morals like a normal person would. That makes her a more efficient killer.

Okay some of her decision making would certainly be improved with professional training and experience but perhaps she has had previous experience that she has not mentioned yet or even forgotten about. Yuno's memories seem highly unstable and if she is confronted with any past memories she has a way of forgetting events. It is possible she has quite a lot of experience but she doesn't acknowledge it. Again though, this is speculation on my part.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 21:59   Link #1438
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 19:
Old 2012-02-19, 21:59   Link #1439
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep19:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 23:45   Link #1440
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

All I have to say to people who don't like the cliffhanger is...

Spoiler for Episode 19:

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere