AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-14, 01:43   Link #281
Destined_Fate

She thinking about the now, Satomi is going by the assumption that they'll still be around to enact his long term policies. What does he have for the short term? They already have L-Elf for long term anyway.

So is knowing your role and what a Prime Minister should be. Satomi is better used as a numbers guy behind the scenes, as a charismatic person he is not nor does he have a back bone.

He was by the book, he was boring and he didn't express any short term plans.

No, Shoko does. Had Shoko not said what she said it wouldn't be a reality and for the early parts of it L-Elf was nowhere in sight.

Not luck, Shoko is naturally charismatic and understands the people she will lead. She also has a track record while Satomi doesn't as he merely micromanaged behind closed doors over minor things.

L-Elf's look during the whole speech and at the end, he had his eye on her the entire time and never stopped looking at her. He knows she's a very useful tool while Satomi isn't.

As I said, that isn't just a personality quirk for Satomi as it would sevrely hurt him leading as he cannot take losing very well and lacks a back bone needed to lead and talk to powerful people without fear. Shoko has done this constantly, Satomi has to be prodded to as he would rather not.

Shoko knows how to govern, she lets people that knows their stuff do their stuff while she works extremely well in the spotlight. And once again, she has people like L-Elf to rely on when need be who obviously will have a better plan for that stuff over any of them.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:01   Link #282
EroKing

Looking how little clothes they had at the end they must have gone for a few more rounds

What role will Nanami play now? I highly doubt they will kill her off in this cour
Old 2013-06-14, 02:08   Link #283
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Looking how little clothes they had at the end they must have gone for a few more rounds

What role will Nanami play now? I highly doubt they will kill her off in this cour
This was the other thing that stood out to me. They were wearing clothes, and then by the end they weren't... And by the time they were done the elections were over...

First thought: "How... How many times did they...?"

Edit: Poor Nanami-sensei. Ran in the election and didn't get a single scene of her doing it.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:09   Link #284
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
She thinking about the now, Satomi is going by the assumption that they'll still be around to enact his long term policies.
Well, shouldn't that be the hope and the goal? To live long and prosper?

Quote:
What does he have for the short term?
Would you rather have short term-pain for long term-gain, or silly fun in the short-term with nothing to show for it later?

I know what I think is the better approach for a Prime Minister to take.

Quote:
They already have L-Elf for long term anyway.
Not really, given that Shoko rejected his long-term plan a few episodes back. L-Elf is basically a General for Neo-JIOR. He's fine in that role, but he doesn't seem to have much say beyond it.

I'm not going to argue with you any more over Satomi, since its pretty clear that you have a very low opinion on him, and we're not likely to ever agree there. I don't think he's fantastic, but I don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be.

I also think you give Shoko way too much credit, and you underestimate how much luck has been on her side throughout this anime.

We might as well just agree to disagree, Destined Fate, because I don't see either of our opinions shifting on this.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:14   Link #285
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I also think you give Shoko way too much credit, and you underestimate how much luck has been on her side throughout this anime.

We might as well just agree to disagree, Destined Fate, because I don't see either of our opinions shifting on this.
Luck is a skill. I don't care what anyone tells you. There's a skill to being lucky and coming out on top.

I think the biggest thing being overlooked here is that Prime Minister is a title. What that means is... well it could mean anything. We know only what was suggested from the very get-go: Neo-JIOR needs a Prime Minister to represent them to other nations and their public. Period. That's the only thing that was applied to that position in terms of description. Based on that alone Shoko is a better candidate.

The end result could easily be that Sakatomi does get a job that fits him and his capabilities (or he could go bonkers and start something).
Old 2013-06-14, 02:15   Link #286
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
This was the other thing that stood out to me. They were wearing clothes, and then by the end they weren't... And by the time they were done the elections were over...

First thought: "How... How many times did they...?"

Edit: Poor Nanami-sensei. Ran in the election and didn't get a single scene of her doing it.
From Saki's standpoint many rape victims want to be out of the clothes they were wearing as soon as possible, since most feel soiled and unclean and in shock afterwards.

As for Haruto, he was without his pants earlier, he still had his ripped up shirt, and Saki had his jacket.

Not really a big mystery here.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-14, 02:18   Link #287
zero7090

Quote:
I
I honestly feel sorry for Satomi. He's being earnest, prudent, and practical about this. He clearly put a lot of thought into his 7R policy idea. He's thinking long-term.

Meanwhile, Shoko is primarily an instant gratification-focused crowd-pleaser, who wants to be all things to all people. Honestly, that's not what I would want in a Prime Minister. If I was voting in this election, I would have voted for Satomi.

The look in L-Elf's eyes as he stared at Shoko during her big speech also suggests to me that L-Elf is not pleased by Shoko's focus on colorful spectacle during a time of war. I wouldn't be surprised if we see L-Elf and Prime Minister Shoko butting heads in future episodes.

Normally, I'd suspect that Shoko will be proven right anyway, in spite of how unrealistic that is. But I'm not so sure this time, given the ominous music during her big speech. And, as others have pointed out, Shoko has set off a helluva lot death flags. I continue to think that the student-state will eventually fall, and these kids may regret choosing Shoko's exuberance over Satomi's practicality.
The leader doesnt need to know it all, if it is then all the world leaders would all have IQ >140. What a leader need is charisma. Shoko has it while the rest dont. 7R worth crap when you cant motivate people to bleed for you.

p/s: they should play the "Boku ja nai" during the rape screen.
p/s2: get laid while being unconcious - i am not sure if it is a win or bad luck.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:22   Link #288
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Luck is a skill. I don't care what anyone tells you. There's a skill to being lucky and coming out on top.
If it's tied to your own actions, yes. Like a good poker player, for example.

But the Valvraves don't exist due to Shoko's actions. Haruto and L-Elf's alliance don't exist due to Shoko's actions (heck she was initially against such a thing). These are the main reasons the student-state are even still around.

Quote:
I think the biggest thing being overlooked here is that Prime Minister is a title. What that means is... well it could mean anything.
It clearly involves some degree of actual governing given what the various candidates (including Shoko) ran on. It's not just being a foreign diplomat.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:23   Link #289
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
From Saki's standpoint many rape victims want to be out of the clothes they were wearing as soon as possible, since most feel soiled and unclear and in shock afterwards.

As for Haruto, he was without his pants earlier, he still had his ripped up shirt, and Saki had his jacket.

Not really a big mystery here.
I wasn't going to engage in this discussion but this has reached the point where I draw the line.

Sure, OK. Then do they stick around and engage in normal conversations with their rapists as well, and continue to engage in normal activities and other such things without much regard for this? No. So again, running around claiming "rape!" all up and down and how Saki is so shocked and mortified doesn't fit, because that's not what happened. Because we have the advantage of hindsight and her internal monologue, we know that the implication was that she was accepting herself as the recipient of Haruto's extended curse from the 01 Unit.

I have yet to see one single shred of evidence anywhere in this topic, or any other topic of the Valvrave subforum that implies that this was a situation where justifications like these need to be said.

My recommendation is that we save the self-deprecating suggestions about topics we may or may not be familiar with for elsewhere.

Now I'm not saying that it wont weigh heavily on her mind and that there wont be some form of repercussions, but considering her character in the future is largely unmolested from her current character and we know that Haruto and her will continue to interact for quite some time (and even further that Haruto was almost certainly the one she made a promise with because he's the only one she's close enough with to really do so), it seems quite likely that this isn't the supremely life-changing event it's being treated as.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:24   Link #290
Destined_Fate

Shoko's rejection early is meaningless as when he joins up she allows him to lead and give orders as L-Elf now is going by Haruto's rules.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:24   Link #291
Irenesharda

Quote:

I think the biggest thing being overlooked here is that Prime Minister is a title. What that means is... well it could mean anything. We know only what was suggested from the very get-go: Neo-JIOR needs a Prime Minister to represent them to other nations and their public. Period. That's the only thing that was applied to that position in terms of description. Based on that alone Shoko is a better candidate.

The end result could easily be that Sakatomi does get a job that fits him and his capabilities (or he could go bonkers and start something).
As we have a president rather than a prime minister, I'm not that familiar what the differences in their responsibilities of their office are, but one thing is for sure: This election made Shoko the leader of NeoJIOR and the face of her country. This is going to put her in a lot of danger, especially with Dorssia.

Also, I have a feeling Shoko's dad is dead. Dorssia doesn't seem the type to keep the leader of an annexed country around...unless they have some use as a political prisoner.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-14, 02:28   Link #292
Destined_Fate

L-Elf is a super soldier and has many reasons to keep her alive so she's in good hands if he keeps her close. Very close. >_>
Old 2013-06-14, 02:28   Link #293
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shoko's rejection early is meaningless as when he joins up she allows him to lead and give orders.
What do you mean she allowed him to lead? It wasn't exactly her decision to make at that point. Haruto and L-Elf had already made their alliance, and L-Elf very solidly proved his worth immediately afterwards. Shoko was in no position to object to it after that.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:31   Link #294
Destined_Fate

Quote:
What do you mean she allowed him to lead? It wasn't exactly her decision to make at that point. Haruto and L-Elf had already made their alliance, and L-Elf very solidly proved his worth immediately afterwards. Shoko was in no position to object to it after that.
Meaningless, if Shoko was totally against it than Haruto and Shoko wouldn't allow L-Elf to have as much power as he does. Also note that the plan Shoko rejected isn't the plan L-Elf went with in the end because Haruto convinced L-Elf that he plays by their rules or no dice.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:00   Link #295
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Haruto doesn't deserve Shoko anymore.

EDIT: besides that Shoko is pretty lame. The speech it was fucking retarded man. L-ELF is the only one in this whole anime who has brains.
All the others are practicaly retarded.
Heh? There's a loli who was supposed to be mature too (according to Wiki), but she's a secondary character, and some others.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-06-14, 03:17   Link #296
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Talking

Asdfghjklzxcvbnmqwertyioplolololololololo XD
http://www.entravity.com/valvrave-th...-fucking-shit/
^
|
So I was reading Entrav's awesome and effin' review. Trolling much lol. I thought I was going crazy but not. I was just rolling on bed, laughing at Sunrise. They do have balls to do this. I just don't like the way Saki portrays grumpiness when Shoko's presence is there. Oh! But Haruto and her were... Asdfghjklqwertyuiopzxcvbnmaresofuckingwhatever. It was a total win for Shoko and again L Elf... Well, was pretty speechless and being observant. Such an exuberant aura and strong power of persuasion she possesses. Oh my! H Neun, becoming the secondcoming of L Elf. Now, I'm pretty sure Sashinami will not pilot any VVV or else she'd become Shoko of Liberation Maiden. Hohoho!
Old 2013-06-14, 03:26   Link #297
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
As true as this is, it's not focused on romance. Baby steps is a manga for example, that already has their pair decided mid way through the series. Just like how this is. No doubt, things are subject to change, but for now it is still possible. Plus what Ghost said with the locket and date.

What one of my friends predicted
"L-Elf x Shoko
Haruto will end up being killed off.
Saki will be forever alone with an aborted child."

My sister predicts that this will happen. . . . I don't know if this is good, but I both love L Elf and Shoko as characters.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:41   Link #298
Njet

This ending is so ominous it's rather disheartning. We have Saki finally forced to confront that she hasn't been touched by god, or is some Holy Spirit as Aina would say. And, VVV-tan had something to do with that assault that took place. And, Shoko's taking her inspirational skills too far working her students into a frenzy. Blinding all of them to the fact that they have a superpower right behind them who has no qualms about killing kids to get what they want. I sense a blood bath coming.

Last edited by Njet; 2013-06-14 at 03:48. Reason: typos
Old 2013-06-14, 04:07   Link #299
whitecloud

what kind of blood bath? shoko coming with a cleaver and trying to gut saki? "oh, there is no baby inside?" haha...haaa
Old 2013-06-14, 04:25   Link #300
Key Board
Carbon

theory on vampire berserk

normal humans (both male and females included) -> food -> biting urges
female vampire -> mating partner -> sexual urges
male vampire -> rival? -> murderous impulse?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread