AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-15, 21:40   Link #501
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Satomi looks like he comes from a rich, cultured, privileged family. I'm betting his family used their influence to get Akira in, and to have them cover up her non-social tendencies. And like how the school took in Rion as a student teacher to keep their cover, they probably had to take in some prestigious JIOR children because their parents would have raised a ruckus if their children weren't accepted.

So it's actually possible that Satomi, Shoko, and some of the other teens are there simply because their parents are high profile and the school had to keep their cover.
I feel like the big issue here is that he used his connections to enroll his sister so she could be close to him, and yet failed to realize that he was engaging them both into a military experiment. One would suspect that someone would have gone: "You really don't want to enroll in that school. Trust me. Try this one instead."

Although I suppose it's possible that their parents wanted them to be space vampires... Somehow though I doubt that.
Old 2013-06-15, 21:57   Link #502
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I feel like the big issue here is that he used his connections to enroll his sister so she could be close to him, and yet failed to realize that he was engaging them both into a military experiment. One would suspect that someone would have gone: "You really don't want to enroll in that school. Trust me. Try this one instead."

Although I suppose it's possible that their parents wanted them to be space vampires... Somehow though I doubt that.
In the first episode they mention that Sakimori is known as an ultra prestigious school, and it's probably known to the upper crust of JIOR that the only child of the prime minister goes there. You can bet a lot of the upper class families (especially in the Japanese-esque JIOR) demanded their kids go there.

Also, the whole VVV project seemed to be ultra top-secret. They were trying to keep from both their enemies and their own citizens that they were building these things and still keep their facade of being pacifist and neutral. I don't think any of these parents even knew what this project had in mind for their children (except maybe the military parents and the prime minister who probably thought the sacrifice was worth it, or something stupid like that...) and just thought their children were studying in the best high school in JIOR.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-15, 22:44   Link #503
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

What was VVV-tan saying down there...couldn't really see...
Old 2013-06-15, 22:49   Link #504
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
HHHHHHHHHHHHH (Hentai!Hentai!Hentai!Hentai!) a.k.a sex! sex! sex! sex!

I don't know if it's intended as a form of black comedy.
Old 2013-06-15, 22:57   Link #505
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Or she was actually feeling everything
Old 2013-06-15, 23:02   Link #506
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Or she was actually feeling everything
That would make sense. Her impulses have an effect on Haruto. When she's hungry, he gets hungry for example. So it would make sense that she can feel what he feels as well.
Old 2013-06-16, 00:48   Link #507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
In the first episode they mention that Sakimori is known as an ultra prestigious school, and it's probably known to the upper crust of JIOR that the only child of the prime minister goes there. You can bet a lot of the upper class families (especially in the Japanese-esque JIOR) demanded their kids go there.

Also, the whole VVV project seemed to be ultra top-secret. They were trying to keep from both their enemies and their own citizens that they were building these things and still keep their facade of being pacifist and neutral. I don't think any of these parents even knew what this project had in mind for their children (except maybe the military parents and the prime minister who probably thought the sacrifice was worth it, or something stupid like that...) and just thought their children were studying in the best high school in JIOR.
They probably intended to select the pilots, instead of having them fall into the cockpits. So it's not like those upper crust kids would have become space vampires anyway.
Old 2013-06-16, 01:01   Link #508
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
HHHHHHHHHHHHH (Hentai!Hentai!Hentai!Hentai!) a.k.a sex! sex! sex! sex!

I don't know if it's intended as a form of black comedy.
H is not the abbreviation for Hentai, even the origin of H has no public agreement. T. On some Japanese forum, they were upset about this interpretation. Now, they laugh about it.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-06-16, 01:02   Link #509
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They probably intended to select the pilots, instead of having them fall into the cockpits. So it's not like those upper crust kids would have become space vampires anyway.
That's what I was thinking. It's just that I think some students like Takahi, who looks as high status as they come, were probably sent there by their parents and the school couldn't refuse.

As for Akira, I'm not sure the VVV program even knew about her. They seem to totally discount her. She doesn't live in a room, not even a single. She doesn't go to classes, none of the teachers know about her so they couldn't have been teaching her the correct curriculum even if they wanted to. She seems to just be there because Satomi's there. I'm guessing the school thought both of them were high society brats and just let them do whatever because of their parent name and money. Satomi made the best of his education, while Akira lives in a lonely room with no one to bother her.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-16, 01:33   Link #510
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
H is not the abbreviation for Hentai, even the origin of H has no public agreement. T. On some Japanese forum, they were upset about this interpretation. Now, they laugh about it.
It's more likely to be H = (h)echi.
Old 2013-06-16, 06:25   Link #511
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
It's more likely to be H = (h)echi.
nah, it's more light the katakana pronounciation of eight is H, much similar to how they pronounce team as chimu as in latest ep, stand alone T don't exist, chi is used for that, that's make H pronounce as ecchi, H-things = ecchi things.
Old 2013-06-16, 06:48   Link #512
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
I don't know. But she was fukcing excited there

The expression of vvv-tan and how she moved. Really a naughty VVV-tan.

Didn't except her to be that way. But the hints were there from the start. From the moment Saki kissed haruto. The comment she made................
Old 2013-06-16, 09:28   Link #513
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Maybe VVV-chan want to tie the knot between Haruto and Saki when she saw them kissing. She probably thinking something like "Haruto just repopulate our race already, look there this sexy looking babe near you and if you don't than I'll just do it for you than", something like that.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-06-16 at 09:40.
Old 2013-06-16, 09:36   Link #514
NeutralZero

^If true then that's one crazy/horny OS=tan...
Old 2013-06-16, 13:39   Link #515
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighterGunboy View Post
This is probably my least favorite episode. Seriously, I hated how they did it. The only thing that would make up for this is if Haruto and Shoko do it in the end, or better yet on the next episode. Of all the girls he could have banged, it really had to be her. I give this episode 1/10 (0/10 if I could).., (actually -10/10 if I could..) Seriously, this is like Gundam Seed all over again.
Sure, why not? Noone said Saki is last girl he Valvraped, so Shoko still has chance
Old 2013-06-16, 14:23   Link #516
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Sure, why not? Noone said Saki is last girl he Valvraped, so Shoko still has chance
I don`t even want to think the state of mind Haruto would be in if he raped Shoko...
And now I`m expecting the blond girl pushing for some Haruto too. Careful what you wish for, girl.

I`m starting to see why some want Shoko to die before learning of Haruto`s exploits.
Old 2013-06-16, 18:14   Link #517
Arya

Woo 26 pages, I'm a bit late here.
I'll try to avoid the side rape topic because to me rape is rape. There are no excuses.

Anyway about the episode, the show is trying hard to hit Saki, isn't it? She already has been abused by her family and now this. Now I understand why they put that time-skip bit, to balance in a way what was yet to come for her.
Talking about the main topic, the scene has been made more painful putting it in contrast with the shallowness of the elections, specifically with Shoko's speech. As they wanted to emphatize the harshness of reality using the sort of state of denial of the student-state as comparison (I said sort of). If that was their aim it was very effective.

Now I'm really curious to know how they'll handle it. Because I'm not totally against the use of rape in fiction, but it has to be dealt with great care. In this case I'm betting that, as many others foreshadowed, it was used as ominous to what have to come yet. Like saying, ok guys, keep playing like that and let see who is bluffing at the end. Namely, a bloodbath. Everything less than that wouldn't justify it.

Anyway it's a while that I'm having this feeling like the show is split in half, the cheerful half inhabited by the students and the other half inhabited by Saki and probably L-11. And now Haruto. Who until now didn't get what losing his humanity meant. He was thinking that it meant losing her first love. How naive of him. He is not in Shoko's playground anymore. He is in Saki's. So, different the playground, different the rules. And it has been clear from the start that Saki's playground rules are not merciful.

On a less serious note it's like each time Shoko comes up with some "smart" idea Saki is punished. She got slapped back then and now this. Who knows what will happen to Saki at the Shoko's first intergalactic meeting.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-06-16, 19:10   Link #518
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
On a less serious note it's like each time Shoko comes up with some "smart" idea Saki is punished. She got slapped back then and now this. Who knows what will happen to Saki at the Shoko's first intergalactic meeting.
Now that i think about it, that's true but whether Shouko will make it to the intergalactic meeting or not is a diffirent matter.
On a side note, i personally that Shouko idea are not bad, however, she lack the ability to back up those idea and she don't know what is enough. So far, all of her idea have diffirent person support it:
- when she trying to strip, Satomi support her without evidence,
- when she proposing making an independent nation, Haruto become the sole Military power.

Basically, i'd say that Shouko charisma is her only good quality as a leader, she is not stupid but rather more naive and acting too much on " the heat of the moment" which make her contract Saki.
Old 2013-06-16, 21:08   Link #519
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Shoko would probably make a great student council president in a slice of life anime. Her strengths are well-suited to such a role. She does have an incredible ability to connect with other people, and gain their confidence. Somewhat ironically, I think that Shoko would make a better Student Council President than Satomi would, even though I also think Satomi would make a better Neo-JIOR Prime Minister than Shoko would. So I don't think that Shoko is a bad leader, per se. In some circumstances, she'd probably be an excellent leader. But those circumstances don't involve war, imo.

Shoko, I think, is representative of how Neo-JIOR hasn't fully come to grips with what it is now (just like Shoko hasn't fully come to grips with the likely fate of her father). It isn't just a school where everyone is living on campus, away from adult supervision, and peace reigns. It is essentially an independent state, viewed as such by major powers like Dorssia and ARUS, and Dorssia wants what Neo-JIOR has. The students haven't made this shift in their perception because a relative handful (L-Elf and the Valvrave pilots) keeps bailing them out over and over again. They're like the citizens of Metropolis counting on Superman to turn back the Apokolips hordes. Why worry about foreign threats when our invincible champion(s) keeps saving our butts? Well, what happens if those champions are not enough on their own, then what?

L-Elf really, really had the right idea a few episodes ago. I'm certainly not a supporter of anything like a military draft in real life, but when you're in the extreme circumstances that Neo-JIOR is in, you want a population with excellent military readiness that's oriented towards running like a well-oiled machine.

L-Elf providing that military readiness while Satomi ensures that all other important aspects of Neo-JIOR also run like a well-oiled machine would have been ideal, imo. But instead, the focus now shifts from firming and strengthening Neo-JIOR against great foreign powers to just having fun for the sheer sake of having fun.

It should be noted that you can't have top-notch military readiness if people are oriented towards throwing school festival-style celebrations, as the two simply do not go hand-in-hand. This is why I don't buy the argument of "L-Elf will take care of the military side of things, so let Shoko give everybody some fun to compliment it!" In order for L-Elf to be as efficient as possible in taking care of the military side of things, the students have to orient themselves towards high military readiness. That means having the sort of order and structure that Satomi would likely bring to Neo-JIOR if given a chance. Satomi could have done that largely behind the scenes while Shoko was Prime Minister, but that doesn't work if Shoko's main goal is throwing a big party.

So the problem isn't so much that Shoko won the election, it's how she won it. She's whipped the students up into a state of increased decadence when that's the last thing that they need right now, imo.
Old 2013-06-16, 21:21   Link #520
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I don`t even want to think the state of mind Haruto would be in if he raped Shoko...
And now I`m expecting the blond girl pushing for some Haruto too. Careful what you wish for, girl.

I`m starting to see why some want Shoko to die before learning of Haruto`s exploits.
For some reason, I think the show is going to end up being as screwed as all the girls going yandere and intentionally getting raped.

At any rate, Shoko's stupid.At the very least, they could have waited until they have reached moon to hold the festival. People elected her because they are childish.
Closed Thread