AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-01-09, 19:17   Link #101
kimchipride
Geass User

The art is top notch for anime.

The first episode was alright. It has high potential so I'll continue to watch.
Old 2008-01-09, 19:25   Link #102
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Randomly stumbled upon this series, and I'm very happy. I enjoy the music so much. There was this one piano piece... just wonderful. Well I would say noe is my favorite character. Its like she is so carefree. Just casually walking along that sea wall with that skirt on.. And how does she climb up the tree? I see no low branches, she must be an expert climber...

EDIT: The piano piece I was talking about starts around 10:00

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?

Last edited by jigenbakuda; 2008-01-09 at 19:36. Reason: found song
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 19:26   Link #103
Advent7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Randomly stumbled upon this series, and I'm very happy. I enjoy the music so much. There was this one piano piece... just wonderful. Well I would say noe is my favorite character. Its like she is so carefree. Just casually walking along that sea wall with that skirt on.. And how does she climb up the tree? I see no low branches, she must be an expert climber...
she must be able to fly or something.....
Advent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 20:09   Link #104
Oppius
Banned

Noe reminds me Fuuko from Clannad. While Fuuko obsessed with starfish, Noe obsessed with chickens.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 20:22   Link #105
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Noe reminds me Fuuko from Clannad. While Fuuko obsessed with starfish, Noe obsessed with chickens.
That was my first thought. When I first heard her speak I thought she sounded like Fuko.
Old 2008-01-09, 20:59   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Agree that heavy is a good way to describe the first episode.

Should be an interesting series to follow at least. Pretty messy first episode with a chicken getting taken down apparently by raccoons with that bloody result at the scene.
Old 2008-01-09, 21:02   Link #107
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

"An uncreative, unimaginative ball of eye-candy fluff". That was my expectation when coming into this series, and the OP kind of reflected that opinion. Fortunately, I don't think I've ever been more wrong about anything in my entire life. Instead, what we have here is the pinnacle of what the non-linear romance genre should represent. The characters appeal to me on several levels. I think this is the second time I've ever liked all of the female heroines in a series (the first being Tokimeki Memorial ~ Only Love, which had a train wreck of a mediocre ending).
Hiromi is greatness. Putting on fake smiles, feeling everything is her fault through display of unnecessary apologies (perhaps she blames herself for her father's death somehow?) and she probably doesn't feel as if she belongs due to contempt from the (step?)mom. If the typical anime formula follows through, I expect her to break down in Shinichiro's arms .
Isurugi comes off as the archetypal out-of-this-world, doesn't belong on this plane of existence, eccentric girl. She has definitely got her cute points to her. ^^
It seems she: 1. Is obsessed with flying and 2. Can't cry despite how sad she becomes. Perhaps the two are connected? Expectations for her character: Shinichi will help her get her tears back. The statement she made at the end of the episode kind of worries me. "I gave my tears away". It's those kind of title-important statements that enforce a dominant role over other heroines in this genre.
Last, but most certainly not least, the lovely Aiko. Hands down my favorite despite the lack of screen time. It's fairly obvious that she likes Shinichi, but he is oblivious to her feelings (a male lead oblivious to someone's feelings!? WTF). To complicate the matter further, Shinichi's friend Miyakichi seems to be into her (whether or not they share a relationship remains to be seen). Aiko is definitely the underdog here, and I have a real soft spot for underdogs, especially shy and cute ones. Expectations here: she will give up on Shinichi, though this is FAR from what I want to happen.
All-in-all, I enjoyed this episode a lot, and barring any melodrama or poor story pacing, I'll have a personal favorite on my hands here.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:03   Link #108
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Agree that heavy is a good way to describe the first episode.

Should be an interesting series to follow at least. Pretty messy first episode with a chicken getting taken down apparently by raccoons with that bloody result at the scene.
It was interesting that they used red blood for that. I thought the days of red blood were over.

The one that wanted to acheive was killed, and the one the didn't stayed put. Symbolism to Hiromi and the male lead? Both seem to be writers. Maybe Hiromi doesn't try, so she doesn't get rejected, while the male lead does, and gets rejected.
Old 2008-01-09, 21:05   Link #109
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I've always been a fan of bishoujo game adaptations so this will be on my to watch list definitely.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:58   Link #110
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
It was interesting that they used red blood for that. I thought the days of red blood were over.

The one that wanted to acheive was killed, and the one the didn't stayed put. Symbolism to Hiromi and the male lead? Both seem to be writers. Maybe Hiromi doesn't try, so she doesn't get rejected, while the male lead does, and gets rejected.
Maybe because the chicken wasn't human ? Apparently in anime people have a radically different blood colour in comparison with other living beings.

Certainly an interesting thought. Since it looks like the guy replaces the dead chicken in a sense. Both wanted to achieve something (flying in comparison to the writing situation) and something negative happened to them. Though I can hope the guy doesn't get mauled by raccoons at any stage.
Old 2008-01-09, 22:18   Link #111
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Maybe because the chicken wasn't human ? Apparently in anime people have a radically different blood colour in comparison with other living beings.

Certainly an interesting thought. Since it looks like the guy replaces the dead chicken in a sense. Both wanted to achieve something (flying in comparison to the writing situation) and something negative happened to them. Though I can hope the guy doesn't get mauled by raccoons at any stage.
Since I don't think there will be any blood in this anime, I guess we won't find out. But simply, humans have oil in their veins, not blood.

But those raccoons... Maybe there will be blood due to the raccoons of terror.
Old 2008-01-09, 22:19   Link #112
Falkor

The first episode was fairly interesting, getting me hooked just from the opening sequence.

Spoiler for impressions on the first episode:

I’m definitely looking forward to the next episode.

As a side note, i watched the first episode from Moetaku and they took their time to add a distinctive color to each character’s lines. I’m wondering if the other groups have a better translation or a similar attention to this kind of feature, otherwise I’m sticking with this one.

Last edited by Falkor; 2008-01-09 at 22:30.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 23:21   Link #113
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, bishoujo game adaptations are not my cup of tea at all and I probably wouldn't have watched even the first episode if it weren't for Kaoru's post mentioning the Simoun director and the fact that I like to take a look at popular series, if for no other reason than to later boast how superior my taste is to that of the ignorant masses.
Anyway, I really, really hope this series stays as dramatic and serious as it started. Thick atmosphere, impressive music and the bright colours do not manage to make the mood too lighthearted. Kind of weird that the main characters' parents are voiced by such prominent seiyuu, as quite often in similar series we might not even see the parents' faces at all. It's also rare when the main male character in such adaptations does not piss me off right from the start.
As for the girls, Hiromi looks most interesting to me, the "flying" girl was too much of a weirdo.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 23:21   Link #114
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent7 View Post
she must be able to fly or something.....
hello, she's a freaking bird baka :P or chiken, sike sike... wouldn't it be weird if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
As a side note, i watched the first episode from Moetaku and they took their time to add a distinctive color to each character’s lines. I’m wondering if the other groups have a better translation or a similar attention to this kind of feature, otherwise I’m sticking with this one.
I wonder...
Old 2008-01-09, 23:44   Link #115
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I expected something kind unimaginative and with a bit of the same recycled themes and cliches. I found myself drawn the colors immediately as they stood out for me. Also, the OP theme sat well with me from the second i heard it. The overall tone and pacing of the song seems to fit well with what scripters seem to be going for with the anime. Our males lead seems kind of typical but I feel i am judging him too soon. I did however like the creative side of him and it seems he is trying to go to what i would guess is an art school in Tokyo, but his parents seem to want him to take over whatever the family business might be, His family looks well off the house seems to be a combination of original Japanese style with a western mix thrown in.

Impressed me enough to hang out with it for a bit im hoping for a nice surprise especially since im a sucker for romances and creative themes. Cant wait to learn more about the third girl. What i really enjoyed was there was more drama then there was comedy but the comedy that was used fit well hopefully the anime sticks to a rather serious side which is what i will be looking for. Not to say anything is wrong with comedy but sometimes we really just need a drama be an actual drama.
Old 2008-01-10, 00:01   Link #116
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
This anime, on 1st episode perspective, seems like it reminds me of sola alot, the way it's formatted.
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 00:12   Link #117
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Though I can hope the guy doesn't get mauled by raccoons at any stage.
Speaking of "raccoons", you've got to love the evil raccoon in the ending. Along with the chicken having a halo over his head. *Wonders about the old lady with halo*
Old 2008-01-10, 01:04   Link #118
EFrules

This anime look interesting, I decided to watch it because the animation reminds me of EF it's like EF all over again! Yay! I hope it has good story too! So far the first episode it's kinda like a mediocre plot for me. But I'm crossing my fingers it will get better.....
EFrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 01:06   Link #119
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This anime looks pretty interesting so far, and I really think I might like it. I had to watch it 1.5 times though, but I enjoyed it more the second time around.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 01:20   Link #120
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Ep1 is great. Finally, a romance anime that doesn't involve school transferring. The script is top notch. Shin's artistic lines really give another dimension to this anime. It gives these weird perspectives of a person's feelings. The chars are likeable altho' Noe's personality feels unreal.
The part that bugs me is how Nayaka's name suddenly becomes Noe. Is Noe the shorter form of Nayaka? I don't think that's the case tho'.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, circus, drama, p.a. works, romance, school life