AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 20:20   Link #3501
Arcanis
Sticky Fingers

Send a message via MSN to Arcanis
Is the EP6-compatible patch going to include a grimoire again?

There are a couple of things that should really be explained there like Dlanor's speech pattern and some parts from when they were solving the epitaph, etc.

Also, are you going to fix the parts where it said parlor instead of dining hall in the battle between Bern and Lambda over the knock and letter? I don't think I've seen anyone mention this one before...
Arcanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:23   Link #3502
Airyokama
*ahaha.wav*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
You should be able to look at the filenames on your DVD... there should be BGM, ME, and SE folders there with the original files in them...

It would still be good to know whether you're using a PowerPC (older) Mac, since the naming problem doesn't explain the white noise. There's an older ONScripter bug with ogg files that caused that problems on PowerPC Macs, which is why I asked what kind of processor you have. Also, are you using the most recent version of the demo patch, or one you downloaded a while ago?

Even with the file names messed up, some of the BGM should still work okay, since some of the files only use Roman characters in their names...
The files are in there, but they're whacked up still.. o__o; Screenshot anyone? ><;
Airyokama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:24   Link #3503
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanis View Post
Is the EP6-compatible patch going to include a grimoire again?

There are a couple of things that should really be explained there like Dlanor's speech pattern and some parts from when they were solving the epitaph, etc.

Also, are you going to fix the parts where it said parlor instead of dining hall in the battle between Bern and Lambda over the knock and letter? I don't think I've seen anyone mention this one before...
We aren't going to put in-game tips in until the last game. It really does take a lot of time and effort to get the script to work out and I think we have more important things to do.

Also, we had been hoping Ryuukishi would address the times Erika says "parlor" in EP5, but it seems that he hasn't yet. We'll wait and hear what he has to say on the off-chance that there's a better way to fix it. The version of the patch we released is just as accurate as the version of EP5 included in EP6.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 22:29   Link #3504
Falsetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto View Post
It would still be good to know whether you're using a PowerPC (older) Mac, since the naming problem doesn't explain the white noise. There's an older ONScripter bug with ogg files that caused that problems on PowerPC Macs, which is why I asked what kind of processor you have. Also, are you using the most recent version of the demo patch, or one you downloaded a while ago?

Even with the file names messed up, some of the BGM should still work okay, since some of the files only use Roman characters in their names...
Oops, I forgot to mention what kind of mac I was using. I am using a PowerPC Mac. Chronotrig suggested I update my ONScripter, which fixed the white noise, and now I can now play with music. I am using the most recent patch.
Doing a quick run-through, most the the songs are appearing, so I not exactly picky. Its a whole lot better than playing it silent!
Falsetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 22:44   Link #3505
lesengirz
Detective

Thanks for keeping us updated in how thing are going.

Must be alot of hard of work.
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 23:23   Link #3506
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

My friend just got chapter 4 so that he could play all of the game, but he's having trouble getting the patch to work and I am not sure how to help him. He says when he starts the game with onscripter it is still in Japanese.

Here are screens of his install folder. It looks fine to me. Does anything different need to be done for Vista?

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/uminekoscreencap.jpg/
http://img40.imageshack.us/i/uminekoscreencap2.jpg/

edit: he says when he starts it up he doesn't get the witch hunt logo first.

Last edited by Misuzu; 2010-01-05 at 23:42.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 23:39   Link #3507
UnknownBeast

Hm... maybe it's a bit early to ask this, so you guys can answer later... >_<

So, about EP6, will you release them in parts or in whole?
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 00:19   Link #3508
Airyokama
*ahaha.wav*

o__o I am seriously a problem child or something.

I just played ep 5 without the patch and it was working fine. The whole beginning of *crash noise & evil laugh* + scary Beato sprite scared the heck out of me because at first it wasnt working because of some error.. But apparently that's working now (for some reason I have no idea why)..

NOW.. I try to use the Witch Hunt ep5 english patch and did all the directions correctly.. and I get a msg that mentions that there's something wrong with my BGM files. o__O;;; Very much in need of help here...
Old 2010-01-06, 14:14   Link #3509
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

There will be a fix soon, Airyokama. But for now, to play the patch, set onscripter-en to run in XP compatibility mode as described earlier in this thread.

Uncle Mion
Old 2010-01-06, 14:18   Link #3510
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuzu View Post
My friend just got chapter 4 so that he could play all of the game, but he's having trouble getting the patch to work and I am not sure how to help him. He says when he starts the game with onscripter it is still in Japanese.

Here are screens of his install folder. It looks fine to me. Does anything different need to be done for Vista?

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/uminekoscreencap.jpg/
http://img40.imageshack.us/i/uminekoscreencap2.jpg/

edit: he says when he starts it up he doesn't get the witch hunt logo first.
Aha! In the patch folder, he needs to rename "arc (2).nsa" to "arc.nsa", and "nscript (2).dat" to "nscript.dat".

Uncle Mion
Old 2010-01-06, 15:29   Link #3511
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airyokama View Post
o__o I am seriously a problem child or something.

I just played ep 5 without the patch and it was working fine. The whole beginning of *crash noise & evil laugh* + scary Beato sprite scared the heck out of me because at first it wasnt working because of some error.. But apparently that's working now (for some reason I have no idea why)..

NOW.. I try to use the Witch Hunt ep5 english patch and did all the directions correctly.. and I get a msg that mentions that there's something wrong with my BGM files. o__O;;; Very much in need of help here...
I had that same problem, running the witch-hunt onscripter in japanese locale with applocale should fix it
Old 2010-01-06, 18:54   Link #3512
DarknessLord

Well, I just managed to reinstall the games on my new OS, but I still have access to the old files, does anyone know which files I need to move to move my saves?
DarknessLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 20:40   Link #3513
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
There will be a fix soon, Airyokama. But for now, to play the patch, set onscripter-en to run in XP compatibility mode as described earlier in this thread.

Uncle Mion
This fixed it! Thank you so much. He's playing now. I can't wait to debate theories with him.
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 11:05   Link #3514
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author

Er, this isn't exactly a question about the game (So I'm not entirely sure I should post this here), but I'm trying to install the japanese IME. When I do the regular Control panel>Date, time, language, regional options>Regional and language Options and either >languages>install east asian files or advanced> Japanese, I get that I need "Windows Xp Home-Editionc CD-ROM". That is currently unavailable to me, and so I'm trying to decide whether I should download this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-52B85A6470BD) or if it will totally screw up my computer. I have Windows XP. If it will kill my computer, does anyone know how I can downloiad the IME without the CD-ROM?

Courtesy of ayu-smepai
Anju-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 17:47   Link #3515
iceywind

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I accidentally pressed M and muted it.

Hey guys. I need some help. I played through episode 5 just fine and got to the end. Now I started to play the Tea Party, but there is no sound anymore. All the music and sounds played fine through the main game, but now no sounds play at all, even when I go back to the main part. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by iceywind; 2010-01-09 at 17:50. Reason: fixed
iceywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 18:15   Link #3516
lesengirz
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceywind View Post
EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I accidentally pressed M and muted it.

Hey guys. I need some help. I played through episode 5 just fine and got to the end. Now I started to play the Tea Party, but there is no sound anymore. All the music and sounds played fine through the main game, but now no sounds play at all, even when I go back to the main part. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Press M again Lol? xD

The tea party it's pretty short, you can go throught it if M didnt work again LOL
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 18:58   Link #3517
DKnight768
Mii~

Can I suggest something about your releases, WH? it's just a minor thing. ".doc" is pretty bad format for a readme. Why not use PDF? it looks waaay better and you don't need Office installed. If you use doc internally you only need to use a pdf printer like bullzip to pack in pdf at release time. My 2 cents.
DKnight768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:12   Link #3518
another_fan

.doc is easily accessed via Wordpad or Notepad, both free in various windows versions.
another_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:05   Link #3519
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_fan View Post
.doc is easily accessed via Wordpad or Notepad, both free in various windows versions.
I wonder why my versions always mess up the files then. Well, I'm opening them with open office recently, so nevermind lol. But for some people the format might be a problem, though pdf could be the same (me: open the pdf!!111; friend: I can't open pdfs!!!!1111; me: wtf it's a standarf format; friend: uhm NO? of course it's not a standard -.- oO")
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:09   Link #3520
June 1983

OpenOffice?
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation