AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-19, 02:26   Link #3941
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Heh, nice one.

Seriously though, no picture yet but I doubt he's unlike any other pope-like characters you've seen throughout fiction- only difference is that he's not secretly evil.
Old 2010-08-19, 05:04   Link #3942
Ashaman

Quick question related to the above - in the new Season 2 PV, is that the Pope who appears just before the rest of God's Right Seat?
Old 2010-08-19, 06:30   Link #3943
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Quick question related to the above - in the new Season 2 PV, is that the Pope who appears just before the rest of God's Right Seat?
That's Biagio Buthoni
Old 2010-08-19, 06:51   Link #3944
tsunade666

the thing that attracts me on index is touma. Touma being super manly while trying to save index is enough for me to keep on reading it. The first time I heard index is when hidoi translates the chapter 1 of manga. That's when I first know of index. Index vs styl ignites my interest and when the anime shows up it just burns more and even make me goes into desperate measure as to read the novels.

It's like a fairy tale type of story where a prince saves a princess. Really love that one. I just use that as a comparison because touma always saves the day. His a dashing super hero. Really dazzling in his way. Specially when his delivering his lines

I also like the girls in the story but touma overshadows it.

I also like Accelerator. At first I hate him due to murdering the imouto's but he eventually redeems himself and even protects Last Order. Even if his always tend to end with super bad luck compare to someone who always complains about bad luck. This guy is really in bad terms with luck. His always end up ultimately failing in his path. It's a good thing his with Last order and Touma is their so straighten him up

Shiage............... I really hate this lame guy at first. Well his lame. What can I do. But the author makes good use of him being lame and always scared and turn him into someone who can be love too. his lame all the time and even if his in trouble his still scared and lame but when his love one is endanger he can even face accelerator. What a cool guy. Even if they paid me billions of dollars I wouldn't dare to face accelerator. This guy even triumphantly also luckily win against mugino.

The girls the girls in the story are also strong and doesn't need protecting. Instead I think touma is the one who needs protecting. His just a normal high school student but still his the one who ended up protecting those girls.

This story has lots of strong characters in them that makes it more lovely

EDIT:

don't mess with the battle pope
Old 2010-08-19, 07:03   Link #3945
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hell yeah Battle Pope.
Old 2010-08-19, 07:55   Link #3946
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

I agree with what tsunade666 said. I will also add that the fact that Touma is an ordinary high school student also appeals to me. It means he can't always win with some super move and actually has to think of ways to outsmart his opponent.

Also, amazing first week volume 21 sales.
Old 2010-08-19, 08:02   Link #3947
tsunade666

right Touma is an ordinary high school kid and not even an esper but ending up as a hero. That's one good setting.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:06   Link #3948
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I would love if Touma try his deadpan with Lina inverse right hand or no, Giga slave.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:54   Link #3949
tsunade666

giga slave will most likely to pass through IB. Its a freaking spell that call upon lord of darkness power. Though even if it can pass through doesn't mean it can kill touma. As long as it's super natural phenomenon based. It can't win that easily against Imagine Breaker. Though I doubt touma to survive a second shot...... even if his right arm would be alright his body would be at its peak.

btw I finished already chapter 5 of vol 21 and I'm at chapter 6

and it looks like the academy city troops are laying waste at 10 kilometer near fianma's base but fianma isn't doing anything and just leaving it out on russian troops. Though touma and lessar almost or got hit by the sonic speed bomber of academy city they manage to survive and touma entering fianma's castle. They are in haste because all preparations are already complete based from the troops that delivering packages when the academy city troops start attacking.

Acclerator is still in Elizerina and they are trying to make a russian spy to talk but it's been trained well on not talking.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:59   Link #3950
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Complete giga slave can 1 shoot a universe, the one you see on the anime is the incomplete version, and even so if it goes berserker it would 1 shoot the universe creating a void of nothiness and consume it ^^ so unless touma can even dream to stop something of that magnitude I call a nono

And consider he cant complety cancel darkwing or take a while with fiama giant flame sword...
Old 2010-08-19, 11:04   Link #3951
tsunade666

hmm complete version is over kill reminds me of tenchi saga. Well I only watch the animes of it and didn't bother with novels. But if from the anime he can still withstand that magnitude but it would take sometime like in dragons breath it would probably tear his arm apart so 1 shot is his max and even if he withstand one his most likely at his limit. A 2nd shot would surely kill that normal guy. Heck as long as his still normal he wouldn't stand a chance against lina. forget about giga slave a spam of dragon slave would probably toast touma.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:06   Link #3952
Miraluka
Banned

Hey! His power aren less than 1%(or even more less) until now.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:11   Link #3953
tsunade666

I wonder what's IB and how can he fend of fianma if the guy can even call forth angels.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:20   Link #3954
giorno

Giga Slave=LoN

LoN=God

IB > God

though i guess it would go like with dragon's breath or accel's wings or fiamma's sword, it wouldn't outright negate it, just block it...

current Fiamma who's more powerful than archangel Gabriel? i say IB awakens...
Old 2010-08-19, 11:20   Link #3955
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Full powered IB probably has the power to negate anything that Touma doesn't see fit to exist in this world, even non-supernatural things and possibly God itself. It's a truly broken power that's worthy of the title La Persona Superiore a Dio.

BTW can someone fully explain Fiamma's plan as of vol 21 to me? I'm a little confused as the info is scattered all over the place.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:25   Link #3956
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Giga Slave=LoN

LoN=God

IB > God

though i guess it would go like with dragon's breath or accel's wings or fiamma's sword, it wouldn't outright negate it, just block it...

current Fiamma who's more powerful than archangel Gabriel? i say IB awakens...
A bit of a correction slayers cosmology does take in account Gods, Demons and Omnipotent God

LoN create multiverses, and assign a God and a Demon to fight over say multiverse. As the concept implies and for author point of view LoN is omnipotent, omnipresence and omniscience ^^ you really cant go much further on the scale than that.

Touma could probably go over gods but not over omnipotence.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:27   Link #3957
giorno

God=omnipotent

IB > God

yes, i know it sounds stupid, but that's how it is
Old 2010-08-19, 11:31   Link #3958
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
God=omnipotent

IB > God

yes, i know it sounds stupid, but that's how it is
You are entering on a really black box, but no, when a god is state to be omnipotent you cant really do anything to him unless he wills it, now take in account Christian god while omnipotent is composed of 3 entities father, son and holy spirit as long as he is not complete he is not omnipotent (you can call a hole the author can use).

A lot of characters are stated in fiction to be god, that doesnt make them omnipotent, lets say Pain, Aizen, Dragon ball gods, Bastard god, Ah megami sama (he is equal to devil) so when you have a equal you are no longer omnipotent.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:32   Link #3959
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

If IB can simply erase Gods from existence it doesn't really matter how omnipotent they are, Touma will simply break that illusion lol.
Old 2010-08-19, 11:42   Link #3960
Plant42

As for now

Fiamma>>100% Misha(never get a chance to appear) >>50%Misha(appears in this volume)>>Kazakiri+Accel

What's 50% Misha do
-Wipe out AC super tech weapon likes nothing.
-Easily handle with both Carissa(who bears Curtana second) and Maiden of Versailles(who bears Durandal which gains all power from the land of France).
-Completely pwns Kazakiri Hyouka "The scientific Angel" and Accelerator "The most strongest esper"

She's surely shows a preponderant power as expect from the Archangel.

As for 100% Misha and Fiamma.......
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen