AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 03:52   Link #461
John117xCortana

I mean that thing is on the Moch 15 scale. It's really hard. If you use it then it's not going to regenerate because it's 'dead'. But that thing might turn out to be the best material they got in abundance for a mono molecular blade.

Just how pissed off would Leon be from that guy forfeiting the match just when he could have taken him out ? I mean would he like grab the pilot and demand an answer out of him when they got back to base ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 04:17   Link #462
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Yes,there is a lot of mohs 15 scale hardness stuff from the BETA.But to make a blade out of it,you have to DESTROY the structure of the material first,which is what making the stuff have a hardness of mohs 15 scale.

Also,for something that is meant to be very thin,you should make the blade that has a balance between hardness and flexibility.Too hard and it would snap ridiculously easily(especially a blade that is 15 meters long...)

A mono-molecular blade is just too expensive even for America,as well as being impractical because while the usual TSF melee halberds cannot cut Destroyer-class's armor or Grappler-class's...grapplers.it still can get the job done and that is to kill BETA,and your usual melee halberd is A LOT MORE EASIER for mass production
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 11:03   Link #463
John117xCortana

Would Halo ( post Halo 4, around the time Spartan Ops take place ) be a good crossover with Muv Luv ?
Old 2012-11-11, 11:54   Link #464
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is.....interesting.

From Muv Luv Alternative Chronicles
Quote:
As the Project GalaRay is officially implemented and announced to the public, eishis from around the world are being summoned and gathered at the Avalon Base in order to prepare and to ensure the combine force would be readied for the incoming siege of BETA Yokohama Hive, also known A-22 Target…

United Nation Force Project Alternative IV A-01 Special Task Force

United Nation Force Project GalaRay Infinite Stratos Experiment Flight

United Nation Force Project GalaRay Argos Test Flight

United Nation Force Project GalaRay Tactical Support Squadron "Tempest"

Japan Empire Imperial Royal Guard 77th Tactical Armor Wing "Kamui"

Japan Empire Imperial Royal Guard Special Eternal Operation Squadron "White Fang"

Imperial Japan Mainland Defense Force Zero Tactical Armor Squadron

Imperial Japan Mainland Defense Force 5121 Tactical Surface Fighter Squadron "Shikon"

Imperial Japan Mainland Defense Force Fuji Tactical Surface Fighter Training Group

Imperial Japan Mainland Defense Force Autonomous Operation Squadron "Wardog"

United States of America Army 65th Combat Training Battalion "Infinities"

United States of America Army 66th Tactical Armored Battalion "Hunter"

United States of America Marine Corps' VMF-318 Squadron "Black Knives"

Far East Soviet Army's 3rd Army, 18th Division, 211th Tactical Armored Battalion "Zhar"

Unified Front of China Bao-Feng Test Flight

Federal Republic of Germany Army's Special TSF Operation Squadron "Schwarzer" Hase (German for "Black Rabbit")

European Union Force 2512 Alpha Tactical Armor Squadron "Excalibur" ( Golden Sword of Promised Victory )

European Union Force 2512 Beta Tactical Armor Squadron "Caliburn" ( Golden Sword of the Victorious )

European Union Force 8912nd Tactical Armor Wing "Glory Knights"

United Kingdom of Flaim First Royal Armor Wing "Desert Eagle" 9th Squadron

Terminal Armed Force Experimental Squadron "Stargazer"

Raven Network Tactical Armor Wing "Order of the Mirage Knight"
While i'm still upset over the fanfic for including the Gundam SEED cast, i'm impressed of the author for his work. Especially this large group he's bringing together for the next chapter.
Old 2012-11-11, 12:41   Link #465
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*facepalms at list*

It's just me, but in a setting like this, any shout outs I made would involve verses with closer similarity and connection to OTL/Alt TL. Things like maybe the Aslam Foreign Legion, or Ace Combat squadrons.

Also the designations are a bit too all over the place.

Then again I'm a more down to earth guy; my squadron is No. 18 Skuadron, TUDM, callsign Lipan.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 01:46   Link #466
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
You know there's a real difference between a brand new fresh recruit signing up for the Imperial Army and instead of being allowed to go train for the Imperials being redirected to the UN 207B training squad along with all the other political hostages, and a commissioned Imperial Royal Guard officer for some reason transferring into the same?

I don't mind you ignoring canon for the sake of fanfics (because really, the point of fanfics is to reject canon and replace it with one's own story), but you really must not be so desperate to vindicate yourself that you have to grasp at thin ice such.

If you're going to suddenly leap on every single little thing you find that you think you might be able to drag out of context and twist into insulting someone who offended you without fully understanding what the argument or your attempted refutal is based on, you're not really going anywhere fast.
Hello DoomRavager. I will be your server today.

Spoiler:

Today's specials are can of whoopass and you're doing it wrong.

Someone should start blaring "Boom Boom" by the Animals over the loudspeaker. I think Silva is going to start blowing shit up again.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 03:09   Link #467
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Hello DoomRavager. I will be your server today.

Spoiler:

Today's specials are can of whoopass and you're doing it wrong.

Someone should start blaring "Boom Boom" by the Animals over the loudspeaker. I think Silva is going to start blowing shit up again.
She said middle school, not military academy.

The actual Japanese used is 帝国の軍属中等学校 i.e. a civilian middle school run by the Imperial army.

The schools are more militarized what with the big overhaul of the Fundamental Law of Education to focus on raising kids to someday be better soldiers (Marimo also mentions how military-related stuff has been integrated into the school curriculum), the Army runs schools, but they do go to school as civilians before actually joining the military as trainees.

All she's saying is that she was in a middle school run by the Imperial Army, and after that instead of joining the Imperial Army she went off to join the United Nations because the Army's attitude wasn't for her. That's quite different from actually having been a trainee in the Imperial Army itself, which is the subject matter we discussed.

And with that said, next time just take a moment first and think for a bit before uncorking the champagne.

Last edited by DoomRavager; 2012-11-12 at 05:33. Reason: Slight truncation of long-winded reply.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 04:40   Link #468
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

No no, let him continue, DR. I'm finding observing Hagoshod's state of mind - which is a brick wall, from what I see - to be mildly interesting.

In the way that watching someone driving into oncoming traffic is mildly interesting.

Actually, note that he's doing any aspiring writers in this thread a favor: showing them how not to do things.

Irony of ironies? If he'd just used Bioware's artistic integrity argument, I doubt he'd be mocked so much. Just stating, "I acknowledge that this is not how things are as per canon; nevertheless this is my vision and I'm sticking to it," would have engendered more respect that these insulting little tantrums. (Btw, Hagoshod, resorting to insults weakens your position. Just FYI.)

Also, to repeat an analogy that I quite like (having created it myself XP): At the begining of Total Eclipse, Yui and her friends are like a glass that's half full of water. As they progress in their training, sake is added to that water. The glass is perhaps not completly filled, but it is now sake-infused water, and there is no way you can get the sake out and revert that glass back to the original state.

Yuuko wants half full glasses of water to which she may add Fortified Orange Juice. 207 are all those half full glasses of water, and A-01's serving pilots are all full glasses of water mixed with Fortified Orange Juice. Izumi is an almost full glass of watered sake.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-11-12 at 10:13. Reason: Added an analogy I really like.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:49   Link #469
Micropod

I don't think there's any point in trying to continue this old argument further, honestly. You're not saying anything you haven't already said a long time ago, and moving on the offensive is just unnecessarily dragging things out.

I say just sit back and let things be what they are. It's not like that would really affect you or me in any concrete way. Let's just discuss fanfics.
Micropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 09:08   Link #470
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's something to screw your mind.
There's already a Yuuya x Vincent doujin. Bye! (Immediately disappear.)
Old 2012-11-13, 11:22   Link #471
John117xCortana

Ewwwww.....
Old 2012-11-14, 08:59   Link #472
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Ok one off fanfic take place at the training grounds where Marimo is consoling a certain bratty savior ... Just a about soldier class was going chomp .... Que in bgm

Spoiler for Time Alter:

This gun wielding magician ride a Harely , shoot crap load of bullets at Soldier Beta

Takeru & Marimo"What the hell ? "

Emiya Kiritsugu " Just nobody passing by ...." Looks at the bratty savior " You're one of those summoned "Heroes" form another world ...Stand up ... Gather your courage and resolve ... find your strength

BTW I forgot mention brought along a certain magical girl hat has unlimited gun works and Blue hair Abnormal that pilots a Vertical one man tank for offense & maneuver

Spoiler for Broke thought the 4th wall:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 09:23   Link #473
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Shortest fanfic evah
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 17:18   Link #474
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Ok one off fanfic take place at the training grounds where Marimo is consoling a certain bratty savior ... Just a about soldier class was going chomp .... Que in bgm

Spoiler for Time Alter:

This gun wielding magician ride a Harely , shoot crap load of bullets at Soldier Beta

Takeru & Marimo"What the hell ? "

Emiya Kiritsugu " Just nobody passing by ...." Looks at the bratty savior " You're one of those summoned "Heroes" form another world ...Stand up ... Gather your courage and resolve ... find your strength

BTW I forgot mention brought along a certain magical girl hat has unlimited gun works and Blue hair Abnormal that pilots a Vertical one man tank for offense & maneuver

Spoiler for Broke thought the 4th wall:
who is the other pilot of zaku other than homu homu? I can't recognize him/her
Old 2012-11-14, 17:28   Link #475
Esg

It's s not a Zaku it's a Scopedog from Votoms and the guy piloting is Chirico Cuvie
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 17:32   Link #476
Esg

Also has anyone else here read Getter Robo Go?
Old 2012-11-14, 17:41   Link #477
tsunade666

oh its from votoms. It somehow remind me of a zaku. I only watched 2 ova of votoms and not entirely familiar with it.

I haven't watched Getter Robo Go. From my childhood the robots I watched are kinda like raijin oh and the other one who the title escapes me but has 3 child hero pilots on it or voltron . Those type of shows. I never liked the likes of voltez v but mazinger is badass.
Old 2012-11-14, 19:56   Link #478
Esg

It has a Manga along the other Getter Robo installments
Old 2012-11-14, 20:46   Link #479
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

@tsunade

No Zaku boy !!

imagine a 3 meter mecha dancing around and trolling the giant Beta or TSF and pawning them

Spoiler for Its no zaku !!:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 10:41   Link #480
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Ewwwww.....
Ewwww what? You mean "Ewwwww! Muv Luv Yaoi." or "I just read the MuvLuv Yaoi doujin and my reaction is Ewwww!"?

Who knows? Maybe there will be a Yuuya x Leon doujin in the future. The tension between those two just screams to be release......

Anyway, I added Muv Luv Comet at the Muv Luv fanfic recommendation page and will be making it's own TVTropes page soon.

Tags
fanfiction, harem