AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 41 30.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 28.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 8.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-23, 18:45   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm just saying what I see here and now, which is interesting emotional similarities between Hiromi and Jun. I do hope they develop further, but it's just a hope, not a theory.
Actually, I think that's probably one of the reasons why "nothing will happen" between them. I think they might sort of become friends, as opposed to "lovers". The "spark" isn't there, but there is some sort of chemistry -- they have a lot in common.

(That's definitely Jun's shirt, though -- it's the same as the one he's wearing outside as Hiromi calls on him. You can see by the structure of it.)
Old 2008-02-23, 18:58   Link #42
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
and it showed Nobuse trying to get close to Ai again.

The begining was honestly depressing, poor Ai... I don't know if she'll give up or try again(probably the former). Though, I just felt sorry for her and for a moment I wanted to punch Shin in the face, but I can't deny that he handled it exactly as I expected. Interesting enough, we do see their kiss in Shin's memories and we see him blushing... I wonder if he might rethink his words to her.

The scene with Nobuse at the shop made me rethink the amount of credit I gave him the episode before. He acts so maturely with Shin but then he can't leave Ai alone for at least a day? I know he doesn't want to admit it but it seems wrong to me somehow.

Bah, poor Ai.
Like I have said, I am watching the show just to see how Aiko ends. It is now a pretty sure thing that Shin will either end with Noe or with Hiromi. Aiko is trying to stay busy at work and trying to avoid Nobuse. She needs to make a decision, even with Shin rejection, do she try to go for it one more time or does she give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

(That's definitely Jun's shirt, though -- it's the same as the one he's wearing outside as Hiromi calls on him. You can see by the structure of it.)
Look at the back of the wall, that looks like Shin's house. Also, True tears Previews are chronological, so the police car then Hiromi taking her web clothes in a room, then Shin fight!
Old 2008-02-23, 19:12   Link #43
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

At 20:33 of this episode when Jun is standing in the doorway you can clearly see the two thread lines in the front left shoulder of the shirt even though the view is from much further away. Also, that shirt has a more defined shape. The shirt in the preview at 23:53 does'nt show either line even though it's a closeup view. I don't recall that shirt of his drawn ever missing those lines unless it was a very far view or there was a bad angle. With the preview pic being up close and from the front it would be a big oversight by the animation person for us to not be able to see the lines on the shirt if it is Jun's. It's also looser in fit and kind of shapeless compared to his shirt. Also take a look at 16:49 to see how Jun's shirt looks from the front while standing up.

Since it was chosen as a preview clip, any mistake (and there are several) in drawing the shirt should be more easily noticed since it received extra attention from the staff, especially the director or whoever chose to include that clip for the preview.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-23 at 19:52.
Old 2008-02-23, 19:28   Link #44
lixuelai

Didnt see this episode yet since I cant find the raw nor has any of the anime blogs shown screen caps yet. But there is the possibility that it is not Hiromi but her mother shown instead.
Old 2008-02-23, 19:37   Link #45
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Shirt Wars! I'll raise your lack of a seam line with it being the same shade of red in a warmer light. Who else's shirt would it be in the context of episode 8? The most probable explanation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Look at the back of the wall, that looks like Shin's house. Also, True tears Previews are chronological, so the police car then Hiromi taking her web clothes in a room, then Shin fight!
Looking like Shin's house notwithstanding (inconclusive), the chronology is also sort of notwithstanding -- the episode show itself may not be told chronologically, even.

Really, who knows! I just can't believe we're discussing a shirt!
Old 2008-02-23, 19:41   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lixuelai View Post
Didnt see this episode yet since I cant find the raw nor has any of the anime blogs shown screen caps yet. But there is the possibility that it is not Hiromi but her mother shown instead.
Sorry but we see her face

Without over analysing, I say that it is Jun's shirt shown there...goddamit people, keep it simple please

I pity the guy who is trying to draw exactally the same everytime

(Also even if the end is shown chronologically, whose to say that we don't see the car parked outside, Hiromi taking her clothes off then the police busting in for some hot threesome )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-23, 20:04   Link #47
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
(Also even if the end is shown chronologically, whose to say that we don't see the car parked outside, Hiromi taking her clothes off then the police busting in for some hot threesome )
This is going to be a repeat of "what kind of Joke is that" where everyone thought it was Jin telling that to Aiko, but it was Shin telling that to Hiromi. True tears is good at tricking us with the previews. I guess we have to wait for a week to find the truth. Will true tears go down the gutter with a sex scene, or will just be just a misdiraction on their part.

We need to wait now for the website previews! they should bring more thing to light.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-02-23 at 20:49.
Old 2008-02-23, 20:18   Link #48
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
It's her own shirt ... Say my word... Everyone is just jumping around... Just look at her face... Would you think she has even thought about it there...
Old 2008-02-23, 20:24   Link #49
OmniZeroAlpha

Yay! A forum for spoilers and speculations. My type of threads.

Anyway, I don't have much to add (except that I still hate Jun), but I just wanted to say that the cliffhangers for True Tears are painful. I haven't been so antsy or bothered by cliffhangers in an anime since Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Though I must say Kimi Nozomu still takes the cake for cliffhangers.

Last comment: Signs of an awesome anime = there are characters you love and identify with and there are characters you utterly despise *cough* jun *cough*
Old 2008-02-23, 20:36   Link #50
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
At 20:33 of this episode when Jun is standing in the doorway you can clearly see the two thread (seam) lines in the front left shoulder of the shirt even though the view is from much further away. Also, that shirt has a more defined shape. The shirt in the preview at 23:53 does'nt show either line even though it's a closeup view. I don't recall that shirt of his drawn ever missing those lines unless it was a very far view or there was a bad angle. With the preview pic being up close and from the front it would be a big oversight by the animation person for us to not be able to see the lines on the shirt if it is Jun's. It's also looser in fit and kind of shapeless compared to his shirt. Also take a look at 16:49 to see how Jun's shirt looks from the front while standing up.

Since it was chosen as a preview clip, any mistake (and there are several) in drawing the shirt should be more easily noticed since it received extra attention from the staff, especially the director or whoever chose to include that clip for the preview.
Good point about any significant mistakes being much more likely to be noticed when it's a preview clip that extra eyes have looked at before approving. So if it is Jun's shirt how did such major details go unnoticed by the staff? I can understand regular scenes having obvious mistakes go unnoticed but much less likely in the case of preview clips. I don't think there are mistakes because it is someone else's shirt. Misdirection! I think they already completed episode 9 before the release of episode 8 in order to select preview scenes. I wonder how far ahead are they in creating the episodes?
Old 2008-02-23, 20:43   Link #51
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
Misdirection!
The misdirection is much more obvious than this "whose shirt is it" game. The misdirection is to hint that Hiromi will offer herself to Jun in order to forget about Shinichirou and his family, when of course that's not likely.

In any event... this thread is supposed to be about Episode 8, and we're spending most of our time speculating about episode 9. There is a Speculations & Theories thread, so let's carry this on in there. This is for discussion of what happened in episode 8 itself.
Old 2008-02-23, 20:51   Link #52
golthin

I see this episode rating is all over the spectrum, unlike previous episodes. I was very tempted to give the episode an 8, but the very ending took it over the top to 9, it was so good to see both Shins and hiromi's looks in their faces that took it over the top for me..
Old 2008-02-23, 21:29   Link #53
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Like I have said, I am watching the show just to see how Aiko ends. It is now a pretty sure thing that Shin will either end with Noe or with Hiromi. Aiko is trying to stay busy at work and trying to avoid Nobuse. She needs to make a decision, even with Shin rejection, do she try to go for it one more time or does she give up.
I think that is pretty much my sentiment at this point. The other two girls don't interest me nearly as much, and I've grown a little tired of Noe's cuteness and Hiromi's idiocy.

Here's to hoping Ai tries again, golthin. Heh.
Old 2008-02-23, 21:30   Link #54
klee123

Oh god, the wait for the next episode will be painful!

However, if going by the screen caps and discussion, perhaps the final pairing will be Shin X Noe after all.
Old 2008-02-23, 21:48   Link #55
HeeroX

Poor Ai-chan, it lasted only few minutes, in anime running time. Shin is the man, saying that for him she is only the childhood nee-chan and Miyokichi's girlfriend.

One girl end up crying, more two.
Old 2008-02-23, 21:50   Link #56
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klee123 View Post
However, if going by the screen caps and discussion, perhaps the final pairing will be Shin X Noe after all.
Well, in this episode, even though Shinichirou's going out with Noe, and writing Raigomaru's story for her, he spends a lot of his time still worried about Hiromi. Hiromi's "running away from home" is a sort of desperate measure to run away from both Shinichirou and his mom (basically, to run away from her troubles), but I didn't see any evidence that she has any sort of romantic feelings for Jun (if anything, she's extremely cold and detached -- she's very good at that!). So, if you ask me, I don't think this episode tilts matters towards that pairing; not that much changed.
Old 2008-02-23, 22:02   Link #57
klee123

I suppose, it was just that considering how much closer Shin is with Noe this episode and of course the preview of next episode, I just made the assumption that Shin and Hiromi are going further apart, even tho they weren't exactly close despite living together in the first place.
Old 2008-02-24, 01:06   Link #58
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Anyone can tell me what Noe said at the end of the preview O_O
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-24, 01:29   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Anyone can tell me what Noe said at the end of the preview O_O
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-24, 01:31   Link #60
DanielSong39

Honestly, I don't think Hiromi has that much going for her; she can't really play the "childhood friend" card since their friendship fizzled out long ago and Shin is much closer to Ai at the current time. She can't really play the "emotional" card either since she actively pushed Shin away and threw herself at Jun.

Which is why precisely why Hiromi will prevail and I will be tempted to kick this show to the curb. I hate to see wasted potential but I'm afraid this show may be headed down that path. Then again, this show may surprise me. Maybe it only seems like they are writing themselves into a corner, and they will find a way to get out. One can only hope.
Closed Thread