AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-23, 15:39   Link #31541
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I haven't seen it, but I'm far from having done them all. Which quests are you talking about, the Demon Lord ones, or the ones with conditions?
The quests that limit the servants you can choose, these. Apparently, when you finish your setup a window pops up in the loading screen telling that you have not meet the requirements, then kicks you out to the title screen. Your AP isn't wasted, though.

I can see they are going to do extended maintenance to fix the bug, so more free sq for us.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 16:08   Link #31542
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
The quests that limit the servants you can choose, these. Apparently, when you finish your setup a window pops up in the loading screen telling that you have not meet the requirements, then kicks you out to the title screen. Your AP isn't wasted, though.

I can see they are going to do extended maintenance to fix the bug, so more free sq for us.
Happening to me in Asian.
Old 2019-09-23, 19:05   Link #31543
Rizare

Thanks for lineup vs Bloodaxe, Martianmage. I tried to do 3 turns with Tomoe and Melt but it just couldn't work. I couldn't 3 turn with Gil but I broke 2 bars easily and it was a matter of waiting until Gunhildr is awestruck by Bloodaxe to kill him. Arjuna alter is the one who surprised me the most performance-wise. We knew he could deal a lot of dmg but cheesing CQs? There's even a zerker Musashi setup to trivialize bride Nero CQ.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 19:17   Link #31544
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I managed to do the 3 turn cheese with MartianMage's Gil against Bloodaxe. It felt good. I also copied Honako's run of Sheba but with Medb. I used 1 CS to heal her but I finished it. The only ones of last year I havent done are Leonidas, Taiga, MHXA and the finale. Havent done the new one as well.
I'm at 30 boxes right now. Getting to level my Servants feels good.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 21:14   Link #31545
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Getting to level my Servants feels good.
Some day I'll remember what it's like to level more than one Servant every two months. Hopefully I can get enough exp from this event to grail Tamamo Cat to 100. Already took her to 90, but those last 10 are rough.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-23, 22:13   Link #31546
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
Thanks for lineup vs Bloodaxe, Martianmage. I tried to do 3 turns with Tomoe and Melt but it just couldn't work. I couldn't 3 turn with Gil but I broke 2 bars easily and it was a matter of waiting until Gunhildr is awestruck by Bloodaxe to kill him. Arjuna alter is the one who surprised me the most performance-wise. We knew he could deal a lot of dmg but cheesing CQs? There's even a zerker Musashi setup to trivialize bride Nero CQ.
Needs A crits to work I think...Going to try that way but with Arjunyan since I don't have Gil. Think it'll be much harder though since he has only 1A
Old 2019-09-23, 23:47   Link #31547
MartianMage

Grats on the clears guys. I just saw an amazing chacha 2T and copied the method to make a low RNG 2T:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Really... you just need 1 Raikou buster on first turn and 1 Raikou buster on 2nd turn. You can also replace CasGil with Tamamo just don't forget to use her arts buff on CG.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 00:17   Link #31548
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Took me a while to finish the Gorgons CQ. I only heard that bringing females is bad so I brought Karna as anti Divine for the sisters. The NP drain was annoying and Medusa took a while to kill. I left Stheno as the last one but she was super tanky with the card resists. The support Arjuna Alter in the last slot managed to kill her.
QSH and Arjuna Alter seems to be the MVPs of this year's challenge quests.
Old 2019-09-24, 02:40   Link #31549
Homura7

DW is already working on fixing the bug in the Halloween rerun event. My dumbass didn't realize yesterday it was a holiday in Japan, that's why it took them a while to address the issue.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 06:03   Link #31550
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

lmao, you can 2t the Gorgons with Arjunyan. Use Chen Gong to throw Taunt on Arjunyan so that the attacks he receives charges his NP. Add Lancer Raikou to your start line and use her to buff Arjuna then swap her out with Waver at the start. Chen Gong NPs via MLB Kscope on turn 1.Waver charges himself on turn 1 to help CG with his NP.

Did this with reliability over repeated attempts so RNG isn't as bad (mainly pray for B chain for Arjuna when it comes to critting Rider Medusa to death at the final turn but Arjuna has high B count so it's not too bad)
Old 2019-09-24, 07:43   Link #31551
MartianMage

YouTube

Raikou 6T of Mephisto CQ. 6T is the "normal" min turn. 4T is the assumed omega esports min turn. Reason for this is the mechanic that makes Mephisto comes back in can be manipulated but we don't fully understand how it works yet.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 08:37   Link #31552
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Took me a few tries. I used Kiara first but the harsh HF debuff was annoying. So I figured I'd use the one that has extreme HP. Party was Skadi, Merlin, Tamamo and support QSH. Skadi was there to block the instakill. Merlin for heals and NP gain. Tamamo died easily but QSH managed to take a few hits to have KP regain some HP. QSH went down after the break but I had KP's first skill ready to regain HP. And I had the invul of the Atlas uniform to tank his NP. Then KP just beat down on him.
Old 2019-09-24, 10:15   Link #31553
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
YouTube

Raikou 6T of Mephisto CQ. 6T is the "normal" min turn. 4T is the assumed omega esports min turn. Reason for this is the mechanic that makes Mephisto comes back in can be manipulated but we don't fully understand how it works yet.
Apparently, it's by order changing the unit with the attack buff
Old 2019-09-24, 10:31   Link #31554
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I just started playing this three weeks ago. What is the 3T, and cheese everyone is talking about?
Old 2019-09-24, 11:46   Link #31555
Rizare

Had to use a CS to heal QSH but I have no interest in redoing those CQ just for a CS-less clear. Team was team was QSH/Skadi/Asclepios/Mashu/Merlin/Medea lily with plugsuit

Images
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 11:58   Link #31556
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I just started playing this three weeks ago. What is the 3T, and cheese everyone is talking about?
when you 3-turn or less challenge quests
Old 2019-09-24, 14:21   Link #31557
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
when you 3-turn or less challenge quests
Yeah, I'm still not sure how that works.
Old 2019-09-24, 14:51   Link #31558
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

A 3-turn clear in a challenge quest specifically refers to using a team/strategy that clears a high difficulty challenge in, well, 3 turns. That requires a combination of luck (getting the right cards on every turn, getting a good starting set of cards, or just with who the enemy targets or even the amount of damage you dish out on a particular turn) and also having the right servants with their skills at a the highest level to help facilitate you clearing the challenge quest as quickly as possible. Since challenge quests are the hardest level of content this game has, many in the larger community took it as having the most efficient and quickest way to clear them, for fun or for barging rights.

Cheese, or cheesing it is a general gaming term that refers to using a strategy that is not based so much on skill as much on just using really powerful servants and maximizing their damage output that they make any potential challenge the challenge quests provide trivial. So using servants like Arjuna Alter, who has insane damage potential from their Nobel Phantasm, and who's first skill allows him to murder everything in his path with relative ease, or someone like Gilgamesh, who has a special modifier that allows his NP to do additional damage against the majority or all servants in the game, in combination with servants who can support them like Merlin, Chen Gong, Summer BB, Shakespeare, Waver etc. in order to help further increase the power of their NP and maximize their damage output further so that they can dish out more damage on top of all their insane damage.

Mind you, some challenge quests can be cleared in less than 3 turns depending on how they are set up, like 1 or 2 turns, and other need a minimum of 6 turns to clear. So its not like there is a way to 3 turn every quest if the game itself doesn't allow it.

Challenge quests in general don't really need to be cleared in 3-turns, and you can even play around and get more interesting results if you do themed clears (solo runs with a single servant, clearing it with Silver servants, clearing it with Bronze servants etc.). But people like doing it, can do it, and the community likes watching players steam roll challenges that are 90++ in terms of difficulty.
Old 2019-09-24, 15:09   Link #31559
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
snipping for space

Thanks for the explanation! I've spent most of my time in game so far just trying to get experience cards and items to level up my crew. I think I only tried one challenge quest with the Nero Fest, saw how much time I'd have to waste to clear it, and quickly went back to easier endeavors.
Old 2019-09-24, 15:52   Link #31560
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Thanks for the explanation! I've spent most of my time in game so far just trying to get experience cards and items to level up my crew. I think I only tried one challenge quest with the Nero Fest, saw how much time I'd have to waste to clear it, and quickly went back to easier endeavors.
Sure thing!

Challenge quests are pretty much intended to be end game content for the majority of the player base that managed to clear the first part of the story, leveled up most of their servants and are looking for a challenge. If you are starting out, there isn't any reason for you to do them, since they are optional. You can just play the rest of the game without needing to be concerned with them until you get to be enough servants leveled along with their skill to be able to clear them.

IMO, some of the challenge quests are really fun and well designed, and can be rewarding when you manage to beat them ... but then there are others that are just a pain

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon