Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-24, 17:10   Link #31561
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
but then there are others that are just a pain
You tell me! I still have nightmares of the Da Vinci Last Supper and King Hassan parade.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 19:42   Link #31562
Rizare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
You tell me! I still have nightmares of the Da Vinci Last Supper and King Hassan parade.
The rare time I use Da Vinci as support, hearing her skill use lines bring back bad memories from her CQ. I never managed to do King Hassan CQ which is just hell and prototype/unnerfed finale which I just don't care. The intended one is already painful, not going to bother with the original.

For this year which has reruns from previous Gilfest, Taiga is completely scummy and I'm glad Arjuna alter can cheese it. Personally I cheese CQ because I just want the tickets to fail the gacha painlessly and don't care too much about doing them legit. If the CQ doesn't feel too unfair, then doing them without CS is nice. If I'm close to the end and it's really long or scummy, then CS like Meph.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-24, 21:57   Link #31563
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

240 quartz for Murasaki. Just NP upgrades for Beowulf, Lancer Raikou and Saber Lancelot. My luck ran out from the summer event it seems.
30 of those quartz were from Waver who just reached bond 11. He's not gonna get rest just yet as I have plenty of Chaldea Flames. Arash is also close to bond 11 too. Just need to blow him up 45 more times so I can use that bond quartz to fail one more time. Because fuck saving.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 00:21   Link #31564
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Thanks for the explanation! I've spent most of my time in game so far just trying to get experience cards and items to level up my crew. I think I only tried one challenge quest with the Nero Fest, saw how much time I'd have to waste to clear it, and quickly went back to easier endeavors.
Meh, most Exhibition CQs require RNG anyway. You may have the right setup and Junao can trivialize most of it.....But restarting 10+ times trying to get the right card draw combination or preventing that unlucky crit takes its toll
Old 2019-09-25, 07:12   Link #31565
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Used a CS on a failed run and 2 CS on the successful run. Babysitted Liz using Merlin and Jeanne. I only missed one buff on Liz. On the 5th wave I swapped in Kiara to remove the enemies' buffs. Merlin got taken out there. I really should have savescummed there since I had Liz and Kiara use their invul skills to tank the Demon's NP as Merlin's skill was on cooldown to take the Gazer's NP. Stupid RNG picking the one without protection. Dragon Maou boss was so ridiculous that I used 2 CS to keep Liz alive as she slowly chips at his health. It was fun but I dont want to do it again.
Old 2019-09-25, 09:31   Link #31566
MartianMage

Grats on the clear! Already cleared the CQ too. Not gonna try doing faster runs for this lol. Just not my type of CQ <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 11:01   Link #31567
Klard
The cilvilain

I could only Babysitted Liz to wave 5 with Jeanne and Tamamo lmao, no Merlin make it harder, even with medea to remove buffs i got wreck
Old 2019-09-25, 11:36   Link #31568
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

2 hrs spent on mephi's CQ trying to get a start and middle where he does not curse Junao and where the required Junao card order comes. What's this, SSR draw rate? Fuck RNG based CQs seriously...
Old 2019-09-25, 13:00   Link #31569
Rizare

It was down to the very last breath. I fail and Liz dies. I succeed and enemy dies. Main fail on my part is killing the second metal ghost in wave 4.

Images
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-25, 16:36   Link #31570
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
2 hrs spent on mephi's CQ trying to get a start and middle where he does not curse Junao and where the required Junao card order comes. What's this, SSR draw rate? Fuck RNG based CQs seriously...
This. RNG can screw the attempt at the worst times. And since the enemy's actions are decided at the start of the turn, there's a limit to what save scumming can change.

Really, it'd be nice if CQ's difficulty were based on the party's cost or the servant's combined rarity...what's that? total 30 stars? Well, you're in for quite the ride!

Now that would be an interesting gimmick.
Old 2019-09-26, 01:36   Link #31571
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I would gladly fight a legit strong opponent like a buffed version of LB4 boss Arjuna than something like this that depends on a mind numbing luck of draw mechanic. In 3 years of playing this game, 2 hrs on a single node is a new low. It might have been night prior to bedtime but still...
Old 2019-09-26, 04:51   Link #31572
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I would gladly fight a legit strong opponent like a buffed version of LB4 boss Arjuna than something like this that depends on a mind numbing luck of draw mechanic. In 3 years of playing this game, 2 hrs on a single node is a new low. It might have been night prior to bedtime but still...
That's why I've been saying in a while that Jaguar Land is the best CQ in Gilfest for the last 2 years. Not much RNG and the player decide field status by deciding who to attack.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 05:07   Link #31573
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
It was down to the very last breath. I fail and Liz dies. I succeed and enemy dies. Main fail on my part is killing the second metal ghost in wave 4.

Images
Oh hey, I used something similar with Okki and Asclepius

I did think this was really fun and would like to see more CQ that have similar themes, but yeah, the length was kind of overkill. Cutting a wave to have it go faster would have been better.
Old 2019-09-26, 08:49   Link #31574
MartianMage

Took me a while to get a clear on Achilles CQ cause Cu kept missing crit lol I'll try to get a faster run in after I'm done doing my Langrisser grind.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2019-09-26, 10:06   Link #31575
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
That's why I've been saying in a while that Jaguar Land is the best CQ in Gilfest for the last 2 years. Not much RNG and the player decide field status by deciding who to attack.
Izou and Sheba also weren't very RNG dependent and were the easiest last year and this year. Anyway, I took 32 turns to beat the Jaguars this year and it's still way better than the Mephistopheles fight. You can actually control the pace unlike the latter

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-09-26 at 11:02.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 21:12   Link #31576
cyberdemon

Geez just had Raikou crit for 160k and it was just a normal buster card lol
Old 2019-09-27, 01:11   Link #31577
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

7t-ing Achilles with Junao and Bride/Waver/Merlin setup

Achilles: let's challenge the guy with 100% B crits loaded and ready for 2 turns in a row

Also Achilles: It was at this moment that I knew, "I'd fucked up"
Old 2019-09-27, 08:11   Link #31578
MartianMage

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...grandorder.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...grandorder.jpg

Pretty annoying CQ TBH. Basically kill romans when building bar and then NP Roma. On his last bar he will cast 10 hit invul you need to get rid of this fast. If you have a brave chain go for it to get 4 hits out. Or you can also invul pierce but it's pretty hard to burst down his last bar because pretty much only the NP damages him and the whole chain not so much.
Old 2019-09-27, 09:11   Link #31579
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

My internet's been unstable for almost two weeks now. I'm not even gonna bother with the CQs. I'm aiming to clear as much raffle as I can.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 10:58   Link #31580
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

And Arash's Bond 11 quartz got Lancer Raikou to NP4 yet no Murasaki. Bleh. I'll just get her in NA two years from now.

50 boxes. And 4 more CQs to do.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon