AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-03-03, 18:13   Link #3081
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Uruka is so privileged! I can't forgive her!
And I will not forgive you because she is the main heroine. Your list is FLAWED. I will never share it with anyone ever again unless you remove bokuben from it.

Perhaps, deep down you realized that she has always been the main heroine and thus you instinctively cannot forgive her now.

Also, let me make it clear.

Uruka always had the knack in swimming but she is not a "genius" as everyone brands her to be. It was also the reason why she fell in love with Nariyuki who acknowledged her hard work instead of labeling her as a genius (refer to her first chapter - the real reason for her falling in love with him).

There are thousands of hours of extra shifts behind her accomplishments unlike Fumino and Rizu. We never saw why they are so amazing at what they are good at. But we know about Uruka's struggles to keep up with her own timing or even better them. And it was hinted back in chapter 25 and then gets elaborated in the Little Mermaid arc. The title of chapter 25 includes the words "the beginning of the struggle". It was an Uruka chapter. Stop making it like that she had everything served on the plate for her. She worked really hard to reach where she is now.

It's baffling that people forget anything that is related to Uruka. Uruka shippers included (if you follow r/).

Also, the privileged one is Fumino amongst the three girls. She is beautiful. She is super rich. She doesn't have to work to support her family. She is basically Chitoge with Daddy issue (which got resolved) instead of a Mommy issue.

Even in the official character descriptions, they go like this:

Rizu: Science AA, Arts F, Athletics F
Fumino: Science F, Arts AA, Athletics A (<--An A in Athletics)
Uruka: Science F, Arts F, Athletics AA
Old 2020-03-03, 19:09   Link #3082
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That makes sense
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 01:11   Link #3083
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

It looks like Bokuben will be entering parallel stories from Chapter 151 and beyond. Chapter 150 will be the end of the main story.

The manga will then enter routes for the other heroines. Chapter 151 will enter Rizu route and will probably cover the next volume (9 chapters of Vol. 18) and so on for remaining three heroines (Vol. 19-21).

This is unconfirmed as of now.

Edit: This is now confirmed.

Last edited by shanimebib; 2020-03-05 at 02:06.
shanimebib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 01:53   Link #3084
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^aka PUSSY route
Old 2020-03-05, 02:05   Link #3085
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^Whatever the case is, it also more or less confirmed that Uruka route is the canon route and she has been the leading actress. How are you gonna counter that when the manga explicitly tells you that Uruka had been the main heroine?

When do you intend to remove it from your list?
Old 2020-03-05, 02:50   Link #3086
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
^Whatever the case is, it also more or less confirmed that Uruka route is the canon route and she has been the leading actress. How are you gonna counter that when the manga explicitly tells you that Uruka had been the main heroine?

When do you intend to remove it from your list?
Isn't it more likely the last girl is the canon route
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 03:19   Link #3087
WingedAccelerator

This idea would have been really good, if simply the rest of the girls' stories continue and that's what we will see. But they are IF stories starting from the mystery shadow fireworks if the news are correct. I wouldn't even call this a coward move, it's more like an insult. "Your favorite girl is not the canon winner, but don't worry, I will immediately depict an IF route of her in the same manga, just after I wrote home how Uruka has won." And you know the drill already, rabid supporters are going to claim their routes are the canon ones.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 03:51   Link #3088
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
It looks like Bokuben will be entering parallel stories from Chapter 151 and beyond. Chapter 150 will be the end of the main story.

The manga will then enter routes for the other heroines. Chapter 151 will enter Rizu route and will probably cover the next volume (9 chapters of Vol. 18) and so on for remaining three heroines (Vol. 19-21).

This is unconfirmed as of now.

Edit: This is now confirmed.
That's a bit lame. Feels more like they want the massive amount of fans Sensei has to keep buying the volumes by offering a If Sensei route.
Old 2020-03-05, 04:40   Link #3089
Lex79

Well this is the last thing I was expecting. I hope we'll get a volume for each heroine in order to make their routes not too rushed, especially if the branching point is so many chapters ago (but I guess the only significant change would be the identity of fireworks girl, with the rest of the story mostly unchanged until at least each girls' personal arc).
Wish more harem authors would do alternate routes.
Old 2020-03-05, 05:00   Link #3090
Tenzen12

Branching point is supposed be chapter 69 so unless we get another 80 x 4 chapters it would be fairly obvious which route is canon.
Old 2020-03-05, 05:10   Link #3091
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Hmm well I'll just comeback and read when Sensei's route is focused then and consider that the canon route.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 05:47   Link #3092
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

This ... well, it's kinda cowardly ?

I guess I should rewatch Amagami SS one of those days now that I think about it. To remind myself of how well (or badly) this type of direction takes for a series.
Old 2020-03-05, 05:47   Link #3093
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Hmm well I'll just comeback and read when Sensei's route is focused then and consider that the canon route.
Got my point proven within 3 comments! XD
Old 2020-03-05, 06:41   Link #3094
blackman

Making an if route is quite a cowardly move. But I guess it's still better than an open ending. Also it didn't the drag the story far too long like nisekoi so I guess that's good?

Actually i just saw the spoiler picture, the ending is called "route 1/5 : mermaid arc end". So basically, it's not like Uruka is the only canon ending, everyone is the canon ending.

Btw, next route is starting with rizu, fumino,asumi senpai and finally mafuyu sensei

Last edited by blackman; 2020-03-05 at 06:54.
blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 07:07   Link #3095
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackman View Post
Actually i just saw the spoiler picture, the ending is called "route 1/5 : mermaid arc end". So basically, it's not like Uruka is the only canon ending, everyone is the canon ending.
So Tsutsui fucked up as well. Unfortunate.
Imagine dedicating 150 chapters for a single girl victory, then pull the equality card that those chapters will be equal to 9 chapters at best for the others' routes, all of them can be treated as canon. I change my mind, this is indeed prime cowardice.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-05, 07:15   Link #3096
blackman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
So Tsutsui fucked up as well. Unfortunate.
Imagine dedicating 150 chapters for a single girl victory, then pull the equality card that those chapters will be equal to 9 chapters at best for the others' routes, all of them can be treated as canon. I change my mind, this is indeed prime cowardice.
Also, the full title of mermaid arc is "the ephemeral and ebony mermaid" have 9 chapter which is equal to 1 volume. Since uruka end is not the only canon ending, it's safe to asume each girls will get 1 volume. Branch point should start at their graduation trips since that's where uruka arc start.

Last edited by blackman; 2020-03-05 at 07:30.
Old 2020-03-05, 07:28   Link #3097
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Currently laughing at people saying Uruka is Nariyuki's true love

If the last few chapters can change the ending girl then it's not true love

Oh well, I'm taking out Bokuben from The List, aren't you so happy now, shanimebib?
Old 2020-03-05, 07:35   Link #3098
blackman

Actually this begs a new question. Why starts with Uruka? Is it because she know yuiga the longest? Or because she is the one love him the longest?
Old 2020-03-05, 07:36   Link #3099
Hakai

Really questionable writing/decision

But as a fan of sensei, who I never thought had any chance of winning this

I'll 100% take it

Hell yeah
Old 2020-03-05, 07:44   Link #3100
Rinvelt
駄目人間

I don't understand people.
Each time their favourite girl doesn't win they're like "if only she won/was harem ending/had a spin-off", and when it actually happens people just complain it's "cowardly".

I personally think it's a brilliant move, making everyone happy. There is no "canon" because the whole manga was made in a way that Nariyuki could fall in love with any of the girls. The only reason there is a firework thing is because it was said that the one giving him a hand in that scene will win, so it has to start from here, but other than that the rest should be the same.

It's basically like a VN where the whole manga is the common route, and depending on the choice you make (firework girl) you get her ending.

As weekly readers we have to read in the order they're published, but once released you'll be able to read in the order you want. All of them, or just the one you want.

So yeah, I think that's a good decision, and I'm actually more surprised by the Jump going through with it.

Last edited by Rinvelt; 2020-03-05 at 07:57.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba