Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-03, 20:26   Link #181
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Alright. I'm not one to dismiss a show before seeing it. Let me think of something positive.
I don't think anyone was dismissing the show before seeing it.

Quote:
What do you guys think of Black Rock Shooter's character design and voice? I assume it's gonna be Kana Hanazawa again. It better be...
I'm assuming it's going to be similar or the same as the OVA. Which means likely Kana Hanazawa since she voiced the main female lead in the OVA.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:30   Link #182
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Alright. I'm not one to dismiss a show before seeing it. Let me think of something positive.

What do you guys think of Black Rock Shooter's character design and voice? I assume it's gonna be Kana Hanazawa again. It better be...

I suppose that rather revealing outfit+ twintails+sword is enough to interest me, though although a bit silly.

The character designer also did the ones from Steins;gate. I guess the faces take time to get used to. If the plot is thin, they'll have to lay on some service to compensate.
Huke is a very fine character designer and artist when it comes to making sexy females based on what I've seen from him so far. Frankly I'd like to see even more of his work get used in anime, but I don't think that's something I'll have to worry about at all considering recent trends.

However again Black Rock Shooter is a fairly unique phenomenon and I can't stress enough how bizarre it's whole story is compared to how most things end up getting popular. I'm not joking when I say it got it's start literally as a character design that was featured in a supercell music video, which then got popular enough with niconico otaku to be seen as franchiseable. It's basically the equivalent of a viral youtube video getting bought out and licensed to make merchandise and professionally produced media.

I suppose there's no reason why it couldn't turn out to be something decent with some effort, but considering most people are likely going to be attracted simply by the character design and it's popularity I can't really see them going all out on anything other than audio/visual experience if that. I foresee a fairly standard "slice of life" type show with the odd music video combat sequences set to supercell music. Perhaps there will be some experimental visuals as well, but yeah if that sounds up your alley might as well check it out. I plan on checking out at least a couple episodes, I mean it can't be that bad right?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:30   Link #183
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I don't think anyone was dismissing the show before seeing it.
That was simply a feeling on my part. It was not to generate any commentary on anyone's opinions. It's a natural part of my thought processes in approaching an anime. I never try to take the moral high ground, since you can just build a moral barracks and float it there to gain vision anyways.

Quote:
I'm assuming it's going to be similar or the same as the OVA. Which means likely Kana Hanazawa since she voiced the main female lead in the OVA.
That's what I thought too; however, I believe the video game changed the voice and yea, I think Kana Hana would be the optimal choice, if it's gonna be the calm, silent kind of character.

Edit: I'm also concerned about the 8 episode slot. I thought this was supposed to be 11 at least?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-11-03 at 21:14.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:46   Link #184
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The only thing I wish from this show is for it to get the hell out of notamina. There seems to be a direct correlation between the degradation of the timeslot's quality and the fact it is increasingly becoming more typical and otaku friendly (As far as anime go).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:51   Link #185
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
HanaKana and Sawashiro Miyuki in an anime about highschool girls that also has fight scenes in an alternate world.
It'll be like .hack//quantum all over again (bonus point if they can add in Yui Ogura)

this goes out to all 10 of you that watched .hack//quantum
Old 2011-11-03, 21:23   Link #186
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Huke is a very fine character designer and artist when it comes to making sexy females based on what I've seen from him so far. Frankly I'd like to see even more of his work get used in anime, but I don't think that's something I'll have to worry about at all considering recent trends.

However again Black Rock Shooter is a fairly unique phenomenon and I can't stress enough how bizarre it's whole story is compared to how most things end up getting popular. I'm not joking when I say it got it's start literally as a character design that was featured in a supercell music video, which then got popular enough with niconico otaku to be seen as franchiseable. It's basically the equivalent of a viral youtube video getting bought out and licensed to make merchandise and professionally produced media.

I suppose there's no reason why it couldn't turn out to be something decent with some effort, but considering most people are likely going to be attracted simply by the character design and it's popularity I can't really see them going all out on anything other than audio/visual experience if that. I foresee a fairly standard "slice of life" type show with the odd music video combat sequences set to supercell music. Perhaps there will be some experimental visuals as well, but yeah if that sounds up your alley might as well check it out. I plan on checking out at least a couple episodes, I mean it can't be that bad right?
Well, eye candy tends to help a bit more or at least the first step. If it looks sufficiently budgeted, I can at least stare at it. But yea, I would hope there wouldn't be any plodding pacing for an anime this short. It's probaly not gonna be anything I appreciate, but I really just hope it delivers some fun action stuff, otherwise I'll be bored, and that tends to be a death sentence for anime I watch. It kinda happened to me in the OVA in which I just couldn't bother caring for in a few minutes, but with some actual time to develop some semblance of plot and character we could have a heartbeat and get things going.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 00:12   Link #187
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
She doesn't talk as BRS though IIRC (maybe a couple sentences). I personally prefer Maya Sakamoto's version.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 01:17   Link #188
Misdreavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
She doesn't talk as BRS though IIRC (maybe a couple sentences). I personally prefer Maya Sakamoto's version.
If I recall correctly, she had one sentence at the end of the OVA as BRS, and her voice sounded like Tenshi so if they do talk, I would love for HanaKana to play her.

Then again I've never heard Sakamoto Maya's version.

Then again again, do the characters in that CG world like BRS and Dead Master even talk at all? I don't know much about the BRS franchise other than the OVA.
Misdreavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 05:30   Link #189
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://twitter.com/#!/MatsuuraHiroak...73998582132736

Sanzigen chief Hiroaki Matsuura explains that the real world in BRS TV will be done with traditional 2D animation, while the fantasy world will be full CG. He is pretty excited to be working with Imaishi yet again.

The way I see it, the decision to use CG in BRS TV seems to be entirely a "creative" process, instead of a matter of budget. With this being Ultra Super Pictures' first anime production, they clearly had to find a way to make all parties happy and feel that they are contributing in a major way, instead of playing second fiddle in the project. The way I see the breakdown is this:

2D animation production and direction = Ordet
3D animation production = Sanzigen
Bridge between Ordet and Sanzigen = Trigger

Having the Ordet staff direct and produce the overall project is a no brainer, since it is a continuation of the OVA which Ordet already produced. The difference here would how they could integrate Sanzigen into the production seamlessly. Allowing them to create and animate the fantasy dream world parts and action scenes make perfect sense here, because that clash in 2D/3D style differences would also serve as an element of the overall theme.

But seeing as Ordet is not a studio that has worked much with CG animation in the past, that is where Trigger comes in. Imaishi has worked with Sanzigen which in this previous two productions, and he knows exactly how they work and what they are capable of. His experience in this area makes him suitable to be the go-between, and since he is a famous director himself who is well known for action animation, it would make sense to allow him to take full charge of the CG direction as well. Having Yoshigaki involved as the character and main animation supervisor would also give more creative leverage to the Imaishi/Trigger involvement in the project, even if they're not the ones producing the animation.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 05:41   Link #190
HasuMasu
*Artist

And thus, the great bringer of upcoming series news has serviced us again.
Old 2011-11-04, 05:49   Link #191
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Btw, I'm not saying that this is going to be a good end product, or that it's even a good idea. But in terms of how Ultra Super Pictures has been put together, and what they want to show off, I feel that directly resulted in the unusual staff formation we see for this series.

Personally, I'm still disappointed by the trailer, and while I'm a self-admitted fan of the OVA (I know this isn't a popular opinion, but whatever, I can't help it!), I'm still kinda on the fence in regards to the TV series. I really hope it's good, but my gut (and maybe my eyes, lol) tell me that I shouldn't expect too much. Especially since it isn't even a full length noitaminA series. 8 episodes is really kinda short. :/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 10:13   Link #192
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
http://motto-jimidane.com/jlab-tv/2/s/128979.jpg

read the credit.

Fuck you haters, best winter anime confirmed.

[/hyperbole] for the insensitive.

and : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ew-promo-video

Imaishi!!! hell even Yoshigaki is there....

;___________;
Imaishi? That might just be good after all...

I'll still remain on the fence until another trailer comes out, however. No matter who is behind it, the first trailer did not impress me, quite the contrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/MatsuuraHiroak...73998582132736

Sanzigen chief Hiroaki Matsuura explains that the real world in BRS TV will be done with traditional 2D animation, while the fantasy world will be full CG. He is pretty excited to be working with Imaishi yet again.
That's what I figured. The positive point is that there won't be any jarring transitions between 2D and CG like in the Berserk trailer (ugh). If they want to use CG, they might as well go all the way. I hope the artistic direction will be close to that of the OVA, which I really loved (you're not the only one!).
Old 2011-11-05, 17:13   Link #193
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
And thus, the great bringer of upcoming series news has serviced us again.
You gotta follow the Neogaf thread to see all the stuff duckroll finds out! Duckroll was always the best at getting info out on English forums, fuck I remember when he was dropping that bomb ass GITS SAC info back in AOD nearly a decade ago.

Please activate my neogaf account duckroll
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 07:44   Link #194
DarkRape
I am a God.

Send a message via Yahoo to DarkRape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Somehow I was thinking of Madoka Magica when I first saw that visual. I don't really have a clear opinion on the CG or the new character designs but they do look nice. I'll just avoid getting overly hyped so that I don't end up expecting too much. 8 episodes? Dang.
I thought the same thing too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've seen the PV. There is little chance the final product will look any better. Animating the battle in CG is a terrible idea in the first place anyway.
Previews are often used as reference and the final scene will look better.

BTW, I am excited about seeing what they do come out with. Eight episodes is fine. It's better than just the OVA.
DarkRape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 08:20   Link #195
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Haters Gonna Hate, but I enjoyed the OVA. I can't wait for the anime.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 23:41   Link #196
Kagayaki

Spoiler for before (ova):

Spoiler for after (tv):

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
Old 2011-11-08, 23:51   Link #197
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ What's wrong with that? O_o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 00:18   Link #198
Cannikin

Website has been updated. Kana Hanazawa is confirmed as Mato (and thus presumably BRS).
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 00:26   Link #199
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Spoiler for before (ova):

Spoiler for after (tv):

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
Cause they already made a profit from DM's OVA design when I bought her figure before. A few cosmetic changes and voilą now I have to shell out cash again to buy this version
Old 2011-11-09, 00:56   Link #200
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yuu's whole name has been revealed as well: 神足ユウ (Yuu Koutari).
Interestingly, the surname "Koutari" means "God-foot".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, slice of life