AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 11 Rating
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 37 28.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 27 20.77%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 6.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 3.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-15, 14:13   Link #21
Shaggeh

I loved this episode, was very well done. Was waiting for Yui to come, and her character was well done.

The army's bullying and using numbers to block paths was showed as well, they seemed to not have included the Circling where they completely circle a player with numbers preventing movement which would be even more annoying.

Kirito and Asuna's stats seems to make it easy for them to get around it able to jump over, or even knock them back with the sure force they put into their blows even when hitting a protected object by the system. However most staying on the first floor wouldn't be very high if they even got a single level, so they obviously couldn't do the same.
Old 2012-09-15, 14:41   Link #22
Utsuro no Hako

So Asuna wants to go out and "play" but Kirito's exhausted from two straight days of "playing" with her. Asuna, you dog. And where anyone can see.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:45   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This feels in a lot of ways like a break from the tension of the previous weeks (a lot of it was basically Kirito and Asuna's honeymoon ), but it still manages to introduce a rather mysterious element in Yui. They said she's not a player, and she doesn't seem like a normal NPC... The distortion at the end makes it seem like she's somehow connected to the system itself? (She was apparently locked up... so some sort of element that isn't supposed to be there?) Well, I guess we'll find out next week.

All in all, it's a start of a new arc, so hard to draw too many conclusions yet, but it was fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So Asuna wants to go out and "play" but Kirito's exhausted from two straight days of "playing" with her. Asuna, you dog. And where anyone can see.
Yay for double-entendre...
Old 2012-09-15, 14:51   Link #24
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I RECOGNISE THAT VOICE!!!!

Interesting episode that sets up a good mystery. So I'm guessing maybe that Yui is ghost of a former player but it seems clear to me that she's definitely not human. Unless the whole thing is a red herring of course.

I can't get behind Kirito and Asuna's interactions though. There was extremely little development in their romance so the way they act like a married couple feels like I've missed a whole series of romance.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:55   Link #25
Clarste
Human

Okay, let's try this again.

My reaction to the episode: I wanted to see little purple windows pop up when Asuna harmlessly attacked the people in town. Because I like the little purple windows.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:59   Link #26
ookamigirl

So those two got married...
It was nice watching them relax & enjoy time off.
Mystery girl from the woods was interesting.
A player, yet not quite..
Seems like those two got an instant family now ^^
Although it was nice, it still felt like a wasted episode.
The only thing that improved it was that little clash with the soldiers.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:03   Link #27
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the episode was quite fun, and the interactions between asuna and kirito are the most interesting thing for me in the series, but i gotta say the whole thing with yui was starting to get a little too cheesy.
Spoiler for also the whole yui thing...:
Old 2012-09-15, 15:04   Link #28
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
So those two got married...
It was nice watching them relax & enjoy time off.
Mystery girl from the woods was interesting.
A player, yet not quite..
Seems like those two got an instant family now ^^
Although it was nice, it still felt like a wasted episode.
The only thing that improved it was that little clash with the soldiers.
Why do you think this is a waste episode? So far all the side stories in previous episodes (Episode 2-7) were created for the characterization of the main characters: Kirito and Asuna. Also, it helps us understand a few mechanics of the game we know as SAO. I don't think this is a waste if the there is a purpose behind it that might be explained later on.
Old 2012-09-15, 15:15   Link #29
SonicSpeed

What what... In the beginning.. Asuna said something about Kirito being younger than herself. Is that truth?

Kirito is younger than Asuna???? For real???

I didn't know that until Asuna said something about Kirito.
SonicSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:22   Link #30
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
What what... In the beginning.. Asuna said something about Kirito being younger than herself. Is that truth?

She doesn't know. She just thought of him as a kid for a moment and realized that he might be younger than her. I guess she hadn't thought about it before.

Later in the episode it looks like she's a bit taller than him, so maybe it's true.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:27   Link #31
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

I got nosebleed from the sweetness this eps showed us.

Anyway, go Asuna!! Show off those thighs for Kirito will ya! Must be nice....
Old 2012-09-15, 15:39   Link #32
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Pretty great episode, a nice "break" from the fast-paced action of the last 2 episodes.

As for Yui, just have a few guesses:

1) She could be an NPC that has somehow become a "non-NPC". Somehow gotten a conscience. Could be the result/culmination/manifestation of all those who have died in the game to some extent, if you know what I mean. If we assume they're trapped in the game and when they die, they die in real life too, somehow the people could be leaving some sort of imprint on the game world and she was "born" as a result from them. Could echo with the whole "everybody's hearts", etc.

2) She's a super hacker. Her friends/family were trapped into the game (everybody's hearts!), and she somehow found a way to break in such that if she were to "die" in the game, she could try again, but as a result, she has lost her memories, etc.

3) Some dev-related program, that was scratched for launch

Would love to say it's Asuna's and Kirito's consequence as a result of their one night extravaganza in episode 10, but it's doubtful.

I'm really hoping it's one of the first two situations i've posted above though, could be quite interesting for the plot in either scenario. I like a scenario where this virtual world, SAO, though seemingly perfect, has these unique moments where something extraordinary can happen that was not part of the creator's original calculations, etc.

And if it were indeed reason 1 as I've stated above, another interesting plot is once everyone makes it back to the real world, what happens to Yui? She'll be forever in the world of SAO. Another plot tear-jerker of some sorts.

Anyway, exciteddd :]. Btw Asuna is whipping kirito good. *carry me!*
Old 2012-09-15, 15:40   Link #33
TheDrifter

so the boy likes older chicks eh? who doesn't?

i was wondering when yummy digital food filler scene was going to show up. it didn't take that long. at least it was a little funny this time then the generic "it's delicious!"

damn you mysterious yui! now i'll be thinking about "everyone's hearts" all week. is she a glitch? is her nerv helmet defective?! did she see the virtual heaven or hell to cause that freakout? so many questions.

lol at asuna scaring those thugs off. all armored and everything. i just have to hand it to the artists. draw one cool looking soldier, then clone him numerous times. make them incompetent, and bam you got yourself your own imperial troopers straight from the empire's barracks. you even have a jedi with her glow stick, and force push powers.

if no one can die in this safe zone, why listen to the thugs in the first place? fight back, take your beatings like a man/woman, taunt the hell out of them, turn the other cheek. eventually the durability of their weapons has to drop. or they get bored. but whatever, gotta make asuna badass in front of the little kids. she's so impressive with all that stat grinding. you dumb clone soldiers, you can't just look the part! you gotta grind to be great.

overall an ok episode. although it makes you wonder who they draw this for. i don't remember a single female character drawn badly. even this sensei was drawn nicely. the boy, besides the usual main character hair cut, height, and build, has to look cool. but many other male characters are masked soldiers, old, fat, or just a plain kid who hasn't grown up to be a fat cloned thug.

if i was a fat old man, i probably would be fishing as well. let the young ones defeat the monster armies. speaking of monsters, asuna has seen many horrible things and monsters, but of course...but of course she gets scared of a ghost story. lmao. that was pretty funny.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:41   Link #34
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

this sweetness! i think i need some insulin.

anyway i wondering who take they honey moon picture

about yui. she could be bug in from of NPC. i wondering what make Kirito and Asuna persistently think that she is a player.

i dunno but parent that allow their child to play completely new MMO. sound like stupid hypothesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post

I always think he is younger than Asuna. consider how mature is asuna and how naive is Kirito.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:11   Link #35
Mephos

I really loved this episode. They have adapted the honeymoon nearly perfectly, with the exception of a scene I wanted to see before they found Yui, I could live with it and everything was great.

Also, I was so happy her seiyuu said Mama and Papa like I thought in my head when reading the chapter.
Mephos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:15   Link #36
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
Spoiler for also the whole yui thing...:
Lol, I thought the same thing . I'm surprised no one mentioned it besides you til now =03. Now just wait for the moment she bestows upon them abilities that break the game. Another instant thought was
Spoiler for spec about Yui:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:26   Link #37
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
if no one can die in this safe zone, why listen to the thugs in the first place? fight back, take your beatings like a man/woman, taunt the hell out of them, turn the other cheek. eventually the durability of their weapons has to drop. or they get bored. but whatever, gotta make asuna badass in front of the little kids. she's so impressive with all that stat grinding. you dumb clone soldiers, you can't just look the part! you gotta grind to be great.
Well just like you mentioned their weapons durability drop, armor and clothes have durability which means if you turn the other cheek and let those strormtroopers harrass you endlessly you'd end up hungry and buck naked on the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
i don't remember a single female character drawn badly.
There were a few on the first ep shots after the mirror.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:32   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh wow, the game apparently provides children for newlyweds through some contrived questing system!

I kid. The whole thing was very cute overall. Aura Yui is very mysterious. I wonder what she is. She's also really cute.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:41   Link #39
Entr0py
Banned

Yui does resemble Aura in ways, great episode overall, the sandwich scene confirmed it for me
Entr0py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:43   Link #40
Nikkan

Cute episode. Why does it always feel like it ends before it's even starting?
Question about cursor and
Spoiler for spoilers from last episode:
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote