AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-05, 22:37   Link #1
bdragonomega

Any new good drama/romance animes?

Well, i'm not so much of an anime addict as I am a game addict... but I stepped on my ps2 and broke it... (It was night time and I went outta bed to go grab some water... and my ps2 happened to be placed right next to my bed).

So, I'm getting back into anime and watched did a one to two day marathon and watched all of shakugan no shana. After I finished, I was like wow, didn't know drama/romance anime were that good. Yeah, it had elements of action too, but I remember near the end I was saying in my head "WTF, how can the main character be so dense! GRRRRR". bwahahaha, so I was wondering what new good shows that is like shakugan no shana or a drama or a romance? I'mma try something other than action shows for a change.
Old 2006-05-06, 00:31   Link #2
Scorch

Have you seen Honey and Clover yet? It's drama/romance/slice of life with some comedy thrown in for good measure. I found one of the character designs a bit offputting when I saw the first episode, but I kept watching. Once I got over that, it ended up being one of my favorite recent animes.
REC (drama/romance) and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (romance/drama) are also good, but much shorter.
Old 2006-05-06, 01:08   Link #3
Nefio

Scorch is right on with Honey and Clover, and REC. I thought those were both great.
Futakoi alternative is a nice 13 ep. with romance and action (For some reason it reminded me of a romantic anime in the style of the movie "Snatch"). Theres also an oldie but goodie, Kimagure Orange Road. And Kanon was enjoyable.
Old 2006-05-06, 03:42   Link #4
miaka

I second with Hantsuki. Its only 6 episode and a pure romance story.
Karin also has a good romance comedy part. Its a vampire show.
Ginban kaleidoscope - sport anime with little romance with the ghost.
Lamune - story very light and easy to watch.
Fate/Stay night - action/fight romance anime that has magic
The Third - anime similar with shakugan no shana. Girl fight with sword with a computer sidekick.
Old 2006-05-06, 11:31   Link #5
bdragonomega

Thanks everyone, i'll check them out
Old 2006-05-06, 12:32   Link #6
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

what is Scorch? I havent heard of this nor can I find it anywhere
Old 2006-05-06, 12:55   Link #7
bdragonomega

I don't think Scorch is an anime, its Scorch's forum name. I think what Nefio meant was that Scorch has it right that those two anime are good. Kinda like "He/she's right on the money". Well, thats what I think... i could be wrong tho =D
Old 2006-05-06, 14:01   Link #8
lavielove

Scorch is an anime I had a chance to watch Victorian Romance Emma when it came out.When I was watching I watched episode by episode every weeks.It's a love story about a young maid and a guy(high class).Alot of people agreed that that anime is a good romance anime but unlike Shana there will be no sword fighting, but if you have affection in the character design like Wilhemina,Emma could be the next one as yr candidate.

Hantsuki, I watched it after total of 4 episodes came out.The story takes place in hospital.A love story between a boy who wants to give everything and a girl who wants to live for that boy.No sword fighting in here too.Shooting guns? A girl did shoot an apple to the boy in one of the scene but everyone following that series didn't fail to say that's good.

The Third There are alot of sword fighting scenes.But unlike Shana,she doesn't has wings but like Shana,she has a hidden-power.The storyline is just building up ,up to this point (3 subs,4 raws) and if you decide to watch it,you must have enough patient to wait every weeks.I'm not sure that's a romance anime or not.But the storyline is not straight-forward.
Old 2006-05-07, 15:50   Link #9
stone-rhino

Kare Kano- non-harem high school romance with interesting characters
Old 2006-05-07, 16:07   Link #10
roy-kun

shuffle!, karin, lamune, kanon

love all of those
Old 2006-05-07, 16:17   Link #11
domino
デレデレ

Saiunkoku Monogatari is my favorite current romance... especially if you like stuff about ancient China. It's a romance/drama/comedy about a girl in the Chinese emperical court...

Honey & Clover is an other great romantic comedy about college students' daily lives.
Old 2006-05-07, 17:13   Link #12
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
how can y'all say lamune is a good anime...... i fell asleep countless times watching that anime.... it's so boring and plotless..... and on top of that it isn't funny nor is a harem anime or has echhi scenes.... there ain't anything good about it.

i'm all dissapointed in y'all
Old 2006-05-07, 17:45   Link #13
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
Try a little " Karin " on for size (curse you publishers and your cheezy names ><, what was it "Little Chibi Vampire" or something xD mess up a good anime
but really @-@ watch Karin! ~~ ^; ; ^

^ ; ;^~~

\('^' )/
Closed Thread