AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 48 Rating
Perfect 10 7 30.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 30.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-13, 01:04   Link #21
denice25

Perfect 10...
Old 2009-03-13, 07:58   Link #22
lmd_84

Asura's insistence on understanding in order to prevent fear is very reminiscent of Kid's need to fix everything. Yet Shinigami has never called his son out on any such similarities to the man he describes as having never been calm unless he could solve a problem. Makes me wonder just how Kid will fare if he's to take Shinigami's place. Neither character seems to recognise that there is a limit to how far the world can be 'fixed', whether you're a god or not. I got the impression from Shinigami that he took it rather personally that Asura betrayed his partner, that he ate him.

Still the title means nothing to me. The past tense in 'had' is confusing, and there was nothing significant about either of the Death Scythes present during the fight. The subtitle is clear, though. The bright blue sky and clouds is a fun contrast to the approaching darkness the anime's created.
Old 2009-03-13, 21:37   Link #23
OutSmart
Comic Relief

8.5/10

overall a good episode that made me go wtf right before the end... For the suprise factor, advance in history, coolness of asura, shimigami and excalibur, and the comic relief from the god Black Star I think this was an overall great episode.

Even so, they rly fucked up on the
Spoiler for spoiling:
part.

I mean, it was like so fast... and there was no BG music, there was no EPIC shot out and I didnt felt that what happened was actually gonna happen.. The scene was not deep at all... I think should have been.

oh well, plz do not fuck up with the 3 finals..
Old 2009-03-14, 07:32   Link #24
lmd_84

Oh, I don't think that bit needed to be epic. One, it had been hinted since the beginning that Asura would
Spoiler:
and two I found the fact that it wasn't over-done in style (music, visuals, etc) actually effective. Shinigami and the bystanders weren't expecting it, and the look of the scene reflected that. I liked how they pulled it off.
Old 2009-03-14, 09:17   Link #25
OutSmart
Comic Relief

Hmm.. I thought it sucked and it was lamme lol..

I would liked it to be epic... I dont even feel like
Spoiler for spoil:

Lets see how the next goes
Old 2009-03-15, 22:11   Link #26
motaku96
もたく

Hmmm...It was an alright episode. Is shinigami really dead? It happened pretty fast. It just seems like he might be seriously injured. I wanted to see Excalibur do something. Well Arachne's dead. I wanted to see her fight.
Old 2009-03-16, 00:48   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

lol arachne was all "I've got u by the ballz" *stab...gulp*
Try to control insanity master, not gonna happen!
Old 2009-03-16, 02:09   Link #28
EoT
~~

Episode didn't really make me feel excited at all unfortunately. Seemed more of the same of the other Shinigami vs Asura fight.
Old 2009-03-16, 11:45   Link #29
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Arachne got pwnt. LOL.

And poor Shinigami-sama.

I saw both deaths coming from a mile away, though. One the Kishin started talking about laws and constraining yourself, I KNEW he was gonna take Kidd & Co. hostage. I had no idea it would happen so fast, though.

Arachne's death... well, how could you NOT know? I mean, the Kishin is fearful of everything, and kills whatever he fears. In other words, I knew his attachment to Arachne would eventually kill her, it was just a matter of time. I knew she would get killed by Asura in due time.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:52   Link #30
Jerseykid

So would Shinigami-sama have won if Kid and the rest weren't there? He seemed pretty ineffective the entire fight.
Old 2009-03-16, 17:10   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Who knows, he got killed by a shot that he was also able to block but I guess didn't have enough time to block when he stopped it there.
Old 2009-03-16, 17:33   Link #32
lmd_84

That's a question. Shinigami acted surprised that Asura reckoned he could kill him, then stated he would kill the Kishin "perfectly", to Spirit's unease. And yet neither appeared to be doing one another much damage up until the point Shinigami put himself between Kid, the others, and Asura's attack.

Even the Soul Resonance attack only resulted in cutting off Asura's arm, but Shinigami didn't react as though it was a serious failure, perhaps confident that he had more up his proverbial sleeve. Or perhaps over-confident of his own skills.
Old 2009-03-17, 12:16   Link #33
viperx116

I still don't get how Shinigami get owned by a blast like that. Asura used that blast a few times and Shinigami shrugged it off like nothing. I guess you can only get hurt if you're trying to protect someone.
Old 2009-03-17, 15:49   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Some say he just ditched his clothes.
Old 2009-03-17, 22:04   Link #35
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

doesnt look like he died...
Old 2009-03-19, 18:10   Link #36
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post
baawww

Spoiler for episode:
Spoiler for episode:
Old 2009-03-20, 04:15   Link #37
lmd_84

That would do nothing but re-establish the status quo from before Medusa freed the Kishin. With Asura and Death bound to one place, essentially nothing would have changed and the threats from that situation would still be there. I think Bones will do something far more permanent to Asura, and that Kid will not be tied to Death City.

(I also think that having Kid bound to the city would defeat Shinigami's purpose in having an heir in the first place, but that's another matter...)
Old 2009-03-20, 08:42   Link #38
libba
nepenthes rajah

But it would be so dramatically neat. Recurring destiny, life goes in a circle and all that.
Though I don't want such a future for Kid, it's pretty sad. Almost like a prison, even if it's a nice one and full of friends.

I'm also intrigued by the whole idea of semi-mortal gods who produce heirs. I mean, look at it from the technical point of view. If there is only one family line of Death (as Shinigami-sama seems to be one and only Death God), where did Kid's mother come from? They weren't doing it like Egyptian rulers and marrying their own sisters, I guess. So, how then? Is Kid half-mortal? But we've never been told anything like that, and anyway it would mean that Death's blood would get more and more diluted as time goes. It wouldn't work.
What if Kid for some reason cannot produce an heir, or, even simplier, dies before he does? (Poor Kid, why am I always thinking up some tragic story for him?) Will the world be left without Death?
I guess this topic is more fitting for 'general discussion' though...
Old 2009-03-20, 09:22   Link #39
NakedAngelX

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
But it would be so dramatically neat. Recurring destiny, life goes in a circle and all that.
Though I don't want such a future for Kid, it's pretty sad. Almost like a prison, even if it's a nice one and full of friends.

I'm also intrigued by the whole idea of semi-mortal gods who produce heirs. I mean, look at it from the technical point of view. If there is only one family line of Death (as Shinigami-sama seems to be one and only Death God), where did Kid's mother come from? They weren't doing it like Egyptian rulers and marrying their own sisters, I guess. So, how then? Is Kid half-mortal? But we've never been told anything like that, and anyway it would mean that Death's blood would get more and more diluted as time goes. It wouldn't work.
What if Kid for some reason cannot produce an heir, or, even simplier, dies before he does? (Poor Kid, why am I always thinking up some tragic story for him?) Will the world be left without Death?
I guess this topic is more fitting for 'general discussion' though...
Shinigami's bisexual But he is bond to one rule, can only produce one until the other one dies xD. (One day when Kid realize he is bisexual too, it'd be like noooo i'm not fking proportional loll)
Old 2009-03-20, 18:26   Link #40
libba
nepenthes rajah

Now that would be even more tragic, considering the lack of symmetry
Closed Thread