AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-03, 07:52   Link #2001
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I for one wouldn't mind if any sort of their pairing were to occur only in the last few episodes or so, considering that while the tension is there, it isn't as much the focus of the story anyway.

Also yay 2,000th thread post!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:05   Link #2002
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Really? Personally I'm sick of those "happy ever after" kind of endings. I want to at least take a good look at what the ever after is.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:14   Link #2003
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Really? Personally I'm sick of those "happy ever after" kind of endings. I want to at least take a good look at what the ever after is.
Yeah. I too am tired of the simple "oh they're together, but we don't get to see anything." Though I am not a big fan of Clannad's first season, I enjoyed After Story a lot more (Though I still have many grievances with the show, particularly its ending) because it explored the relationship after the fact.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 18:27   Link #2004
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Yeah. I too am tired of the simple "oh they're together, but we don't get to see anything." Though I am not a big fan of Clannad's first season, I enjoyed After Story a lot more (Though I still have many grievances with the show, particularly its ending) because it explored the relationship after the fact.
I completely agree with you, most series end with the main couple just hooking up without showing us what happens after, and personally I would also like to see what happens after they begin a relationship (in this case, Kou and Aoba.)

If I think about it now, what would exactly happen if both Kou and Aoba started going out? I wonder what their relationship would be like, we all know that Aoba would be wearing the pants though

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 18:40   Link #2005
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gotta disagree, DeX. Kou would more than hold his own, pants-wise, in everything but trash-talking.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 18:58   Link #2006
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Gotta disagree, DeX. Kou would more than hold his own, pants-wise, in everything but trash-talking.

Then maybe you see more GAR in Kou than I do, I guess someone should enlighten me a bit

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-03, 20:05   Link #2007
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I would refer you back to the ep where Momiji got sick and wanted Kou to take care of her (Ichi-nee was away). Aoba was bothered by this and getting all bitchy about it, and acting rather callous towards her sister. Kou got right in her face - even literally grabbing her by the collar to make his point.

Kou is a nice guy and even-tempered, but he's no pushover. And when it comes to Aoba he can give as good as he gets - he knows where all the bodies are buried (and of course she knows where all of his are, too). Aoba is more brash and agressive, but I think Kou would match her pound for pound when it comes to pig-headedness.

I think they share the pants.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2014-03-23 at 07:25.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 20:16   Link #2008
DeX-kun

Quote:
Well, I would refer you back to the ep where Momiji got sick and wanted Kou to take care of her (Ichi-nee was away). Aoba was bothered by this and getting all bitchy about it, and acting rather callou towards her sister. Kou got right in her face - even literally grabbing her by the collar to make his point.

Kou is a nice guy and even-tempered, but he's no pushover. And when it comes to Aoba he can give as good as he gets - he knows where all the bodies are buried (and of course she knows where all of his are, too). Aoba is more brash and agressive, but I think Kou would match her pound for pound when it comes to pig-headedness.

Ah you're right, I concede. I can't believe I forgot that particular scene. When it comes to something serious, Kou can be just as reliable and serious. I seem to have forgotten that side of Kou, thanks for the enlightenment

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-04, 03:31   Link #2009
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
I agree, it seems that for Kou is fine to be submissive as long as the matter is trivial. If it's important, he has all the needed guts to make a comeback, even to Aoba.
It was in my mind since a few days, but a suggestion for people who are watching the series since when it started and didn't rewatch past episodes. Especially after episode 35, if you have 20 minutes of spare time, I recommend you take and watch episode 5 again. It'll show how the difference between the two worlds (now and then) has grown bigger, especially in the Kou/Aoba department.

About the present, I think that in the last episode we got to see how much their hearts are synchronized, otherwise how could they execute the bag-dance so smoothly?

Old 2009-12-04, 13:14   Link #2010
Nosauz

Well seeing as kou probably pitchers faster than aoba, I'm pretty sure he's wearing the pants. Although in this current form he has no leverage with Aoba, and so naturally his own guilt toward Wakaba have greatly castrated him. I mean, in a sense, he's been emasculated or Aoba has grown a pair ever since Wakaba died.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 13:53   Link #2011
Proto

One day till the release of the new episode. Personally I'm looking forward to it since it's original material I have no idea what will happen, so I can remember my pre "i feel to the temptation and spoiled the anime for me" days. Yay.
Old 2009-12-05, 16:13   Link #2012
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
One day till the release of the new episode. Personally I'm looking forward to it since it's original material I have no idea what will happen, so I can remember my pre "i feel to the temptation and spoiled the anime for me" days. Yay.
You mean it has officially caught up with the manga now?

I'm a little wary to be honest...without the excellent source material to work with, I fear the ending might disappoint, either being inconclusive or cliched.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 16:45   Link #2013
Proto

No, I mean that this particular episode is an anime original, however there is enough manga material for the whole series run.
Old 2009-12-05, 19:14   Link #2014
DeX-kun

Quote:
No, I mean that this particular episode is an anime original, however there is enough manga material for the whole series run.
Is the manga close to a finish? Because the anime is slated to be 51 episodes correct? I'm not really sure.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-12-05 at 23:16. Reason: Typo
Old 2009-12-05, 19:37   Link #2015
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

It seems to be on its last volume. I just noticed that 36/51 is exactly equal to 12/17, 12 being the current volume the anime's portraying and 17 being my projected total number of volumes. Of course, vol. 12 has 10 chapters, and 36 isn't anywhere in the manga. It's just an interesting observation.
Old 2009-12-05, 19:50   Link #2016
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Dear lord, I was tempted by the devil like you.

Oh well, I still love the story regardless.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 20:26   Link #2017
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/c...091206_enquiz/
What's Aoba's number during the tryout? 10, 18, 44.
Old 2009-12-05, 20:33   Link #2018
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Jeje, I won.... i didnt eve watch the episode yet
Old 2009-12-05, 23:18   Link #2019
poko-kun

No wonder
Aoba's "Thank you" has so much side effect.

Oh my...
Spoiler for ep. 36:

Last edited by poko-kun; 2009-12-06 at 00:04.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 00:24   Link #2020
Proto

Spoiler for ep. 36:

Mwahaha, I just love my teasers.

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports