AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 21 31.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 26.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 29.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-18, 07:11   Link #61
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That and she was in a coma when she arrived at the hospital. We also don't know how extensive the damage was done to her leg, not to mention the traumatic effects. So, it's hard to tell how far along her recovery is, she could be getting out in a few days or, weeks at this point.
I suppose that's plausible. I never heard of someone going into a coma from a broken bone or staying in the hospital for 6+ months because of it. *shrugs*
Old 2010-05-18, 07:50   Link #62
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I suppose that's plausible. I never heard of someone going into a coma from a broken bone or staying in the hospital for 6+ months because of it. *shrugs*
Well, it's what Izaya assumes, it could just be shock from the whole situation either case judging by the phone call she was intense pain and scared to death. The Blue Square guys were also surprised on how quicky she collapsed. Saki is likely a really frail person.
Old 2010-05-18, 07:53   Link #63
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Well, it's what Izaya assumes, it could just be shock from the whole situation either case judging by the phone call she was intense pain and scared to death. The Blue Square guys were also surprised on how quicky she collapsed.
I thought of that, but she was unconscious in the hospital too. And with the time it takes to put the casts and everything on, a person would have awoken if they had passed out from the pain.
Old 2010-05-18, 08:13   Link #64
Iron Maw
Banned

That's why he thought she was in a coma. It's possible shock had occurred that lead to it, but I'm no medical expert so who knows. She wasn't in it for long since the Van gang had visited her soon after anyway.
Old 2010-05-18, 10:31   Link #65
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That's why he thought she was in a coma. It's possible shock had occurred that lead to it, but I'm no medical expert so who knows. She wasn't in it for long since the Van gang had visited her soon after anyway.
I suppose that's true. They may have even sedated her. Those guys said they broke her bone in different places so they may have knocked her out to set it back in and all.
Old 2010-05-18, 11:11   Link #66
Velsy

Interesting to see of this Izaya hate now.. At the start of the series alot of people talked how they liked him.

I sorta felt he was always going to be like this. So I've never hated him, his character is just interesting for the series. But I've always said his ideas and actions are not to my liking.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-18, 11:23   Link #67
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Interesting to see of this Izaya hate now.. At the start of the series alot of people talked how they liked him.

I sorta felt he was always going to be like this. So I've never hated him, his character is just interesting for the series. But I've always said his ideas and actions are not to my liking.
That's true ^^ , me i was neutral about him .
Now it sure that he's going down .

Anyway Poor Saki .

Do you think that Izaya is a good bastard manipulator ?
Old 2010-05-18, 11:30   Link #68
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
For the record, I hated him since the beginning. That girl from episode two dropped off the radar totally, right? The whole point of the episode was to establish Izaya, not the girl. And it established my hate for the character.
Old 2010-05-18, 17:46   Link #69
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I'm guessing I'm one of the few who still likes Izaya 100% and thinks that he was completely great in this episode, I find it hard to hate a character for being an asshole when they are already established as an asshole.

It's his outright: craziness, insight, playfulness, charisma, assholishness that makes me like him as a character to be honest, much more interesting than the average take over the world villain.

I'm also wondering about his concerned face when he thought about who the joker might be, the thought seemed displeasing to him.

Kida's reaction was understandable, he may have wanted to save her but he was still like only 13/14 or so and this was serious business, most people would've pussyed out.

Saki = Hinamori nuff said.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-05-18, 21:11   Link #70
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Ya know... This is what happens where people don't pay attention to what Walker is jabbering on about.
Old 2010-05-18, 22:44   Link #71
balolmeep

Lol, after reading all the comments, all I can say is that the perfect villan is someone you know you hate, that you love to hate, and that you hate them for loving to hate them. Izaya is that so perfectly. Like Griffith, for anyone into Berserk.

Also, Otaku gang, thanks for constantly improving your awesome scale. Btw, I really think Dotachin looks so badass without the hat.... I think he only takes it off to unleash his super powers.

Why No Celty!?! *rages*

Spoiler for durarara 18:
Old 2010-05-19, 04:27   Link #72
kitten320

I still like Izaya, his actions always were on negative aspect and he was a suppoused villian from the start. So my looks really haven't changed about him, I still have same opinion and he still is one of those characters that I like.

Basicly I like only him and Shizuo in whole series... though Celty is fine too.

balolmeep
Perfect villian is the one that you hate, means he does his/her work well as villian. After all villians are not loved in real life
Medusa from Soul Eater is also one of those villians.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:09   Link #73
Crystal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by balolmeep View Post
Spoiler for durarara 18:
What about Mikado, Kida, and Anri?
Old 2010-05-20, 00:50   Link #74
Wrath88
Kissing...

Just saw this. Is it the first time Yumasaki Walker opened his eyes?
Old 2010-05-20, 04:10   Link #75
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Dreamer View Post
What about Mikado, Kida, and Anri?
Did you miss this? (my highlighting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balolmeep View Post
My speculation about the card analogy. We only have the names of two, count 'em two cards. Here goes my random guess/fun with who is who.
Also, because the Dollars, Yellow Scarves, and Saika are represented via the super-board game thingy, I'm excluding Mikado, Kida, and Anri.

*snip*

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-05-20, 16:37   Link #76
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The damaged done to Saki must have been extensive since its taken so long for her recover. It seems she snapped out of the coma fairly quickly but she is still hospitalized.

In one shot it shows her with 2 cast on. But during the incident i thought the blue squares only broke her one leg.
Old 2010-05-20, 23:51   Link #77
balolmeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
In one shot it shows her with 2 cast on. But during the incident i thought the blue squares only broke her one leg.
Yeah, I dunno what's up with that too. Even when Walker nabbed her back she still only had one broken leg.
Old 2011-07-04, 02:27   Link #78
Ludrio D. Zoki
Comfortably Noxious

I think Izaya is a Joker, but didn't want to admit it to himself because he doesn't like the sound of it...? Still, I don't think Namie cared that he burns a perfectly good chessboard, but I did like it when he said "Kami-sama Attack!"
Closed Thread