AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-19, 23:07   Link #121
type-R!

Woa indeed the PV looks awesome, thankfully the character design is better than previously thought. And if they are keeping the main theme from the game then thats another big plus. Can't wait for october to come
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 00:49   Link #122
Mazryonh

What part of Japan is Hozumi (the setting for the anime and game) based on?

I was hoping that more anime exposure would help the eroge voice talent get more exposure and work in mainstream anime, but I'm not sure how often that actually happens.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 12:53   Link #123
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
What part of Japan is Hozumi (the setting for the anime and game) based on?
Tochigi prefecture (Kantou region). The shrine is Kabasaki-hachibanguu (樺崎八幡宮). Here's some comparison pictures.
Old 2010-08-20, 16:54   Link #124
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Tochigi prefecture (Kantou region). The shrine is Kabasaki-hachibanguu (樺崎八幡宮). Here's some comparison pictures.
Nice, good to see the real life settings. Perfect for the upcoming live-action movie? lol...
Old 2010-08-20, 17:13   Link #125
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The game is most famous for its rather distinctive colouring style (with illustrations by well-known artists Takashi Hashimoto and Hiro Suzuhiro), and Sora, the protagonist's blood-related twin sister (and the game's most popular character). Beyond the original game, there was also a fandisk called Haruka na Sora, and the story is being adapted as a manga that runs in Kadokawa's Compace magazine.
I KNEW I had seen something similar before and it turns out it was Haruka na Sora

Absolutely awesome. I'm really looking forward to this.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 03:02   Link #126
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Imagine that the opening will be sung by CooRie, it's good to the plow for the show.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 05:21   Link #127
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

You know, this is the first VN-turned-anime I've really taken an interest in, ever since CLANNAD ~AS~. It's been a while.

Gonna take a look at this. Twincest or no, it looks promising.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 13:12   Link #128
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

We'll wait the all-ages version of the original game to be released hopefully on PSP if the anime have a success.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 01:16   Link #129
dark998

Full PV youtube version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu6gwuxley8
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 07:23   Link #130
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I guess i will be joining the crowd of people who raised a few eyebrows at the character designs here - they really don't look much like the original characters, and i would probably have a bit of a hard time making the connection if i didn't know beforehand who they are supposed to be. (Ironically, the class rep whose name i forgot at the moment seems like she has retained the most similarity to her original design).

While i don't really mind some of the changes (Sora surprised me, but she looks quite fine regardless, and i can see why they would go with a more mature look considering how far (apparently, judging by the trailer) the anime intends to go in certain areas), but the one look which really threw me off was Akira. What have they done to Akira Granted, we only catch a very short moment of her in the trailer, but what i have seen of her in general thus far makes me want to weep. She really looks nothing like the original, which is quite hard to swallow. (Double so since she is my favorite character of the title). Ah well ... will just have to wait and see how the looks translate to being animated for a prolonged period of time, but as a fan of the original work, let's say my enthusiasm could have been higher.
Old 2010-08-24, 09:29   Link #131
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Just watched the PV and even though I pretty much know what's in the story I still believe that the PV reveals way too much. Watching Kuttsukiboshi before certainly didn't help either.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 14:06   Link #132
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Just watched the PV and even though I pretty much know what's in the story I still believe that the PV reveals way too much. Watching Kuttsukiboshi before certainly didn't help either.
Well, yeah -- as I've said before, I wouldn't necessarily take everything you see in the trailer at face value. A lot of the scenes shown later in the trailer were probably animated especially for the trailer (since there's no way they'd be that far ahead in the production process at this point; the trailer had its own production staff listed in the credits), and they were obviously designed to be suggestive. So even if you "think you know" what happens in the story based on the trailer or the little snippets you've read online, I'd still wait and see what actually happens.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:50   Link #133
Midonin
Last Engage

In musical news, the OP will be performed by eufonius, the ED by girl group Momoiro Clover and there are plans for an insert song album by Team Nekokan featuring Junca Amaoto.

And for now, that's all I know.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-27, 10:01   Link #134
Mazryonh

Waitaminute, the official website keeps posting new "voice clips" to the "Special" section, but you need a password to get in. Can anyone fluent in Japanese tell me what's going on over there? Are they ringtones or something?
Old 2010-08-27, 17:34   Link #135
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Waitaminute, the official website keeps posting new "voice clips" to the "Special" section, but you need a password to get in. Can anyone fluent in Japanese tell me what's going on over there? Are they ringtones or something?
They're character mini dramas. ID/PASS are from cards at Comiket 78 and some stores.
Old 2010-08-28, 13:29   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, a Megami poster already.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2010-08-28, 13:46   Link #137
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I still can't wrap my head around Akira's anime design, it is giving off a quite different feel compared to the original, and it isn't just the glaring physical changes. Maybe when i hear the voice accompanying the new design it will help me connect the two, but from what i have seen of her new art thus far, she doesn't really radiate like a quirky free-spirited bundle of positive energy that is Akira. *grumbl*
Old 2010-08-30, 00:41   Link #138
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, a Megami poster already.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Looks like Akira grew up some *stares at chest*
Old 2010-09-06, 20:25   Link #139
Mazryonh

Any recent info on this anime so far? The official website has been updated recently, but I can't read Japanese. There does appear to be a radio interview of some sort called "Haruking" though.

After hearing Shizuka Itou's excellent performance as Haruka Morishima in Amagami SS, I'll have to get used to hearing Haruka as a boy's name in this series. How did "Haruka" become an androgynous name in Japanese, like the name "Pat" is in English?
Old 2010-09-07, 00:40   Link #140
type-R!

Quote:
How did "Haruka" become an androgynous name in Japanese, like the name "Pat" is in English?
I don't really know but that is not the only androgynous name that I can remember (even Sora is another one).
Just a little bit less than a month for the anime premiere (one day after Ore no Imo ^^), I think they should leave the site as it is, I'm satisfied with the updates so far, just to keep the hype alive

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation