AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-29, 02:59   Link #181
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Just watched K-on! to get some inspirtation when playing live on stage but ill be playing to the whole school so it kinda looks nerve racking.. crap.. im kinda freaked out yet exited for my school assembly lol im going to apply to perform this year, Im a Junior in High school class 2012 and every year our school has a theme for each class, this year is Classic Bands

Freshmen Class 2014 - Journey
Sophomore Class 2013 - i forgot what there was
Junior Class 2012 - The Beatles
Senior Class 2011 - ACDC

but yeah thats the themes for each class this year, and im pretty happy we got the Beatles as our theme, Here is my playlist what i will be playing hopefully, as for temporary band members ill just have to ask my friends
in this order, of course i'll be playing acoustic guitar and vocals
ill try my abosule best to ask one of my friends to sneak a video camrea and record it lol our school has alot of spirt and stuff and just kinda ify playing infront of everyone and singing..

Spoiler for Here comes the Sun:

Me on Piano
Spoiler for Golden Slumber:

my solo song this one i might be nervous
Spoiler for Yesterday:

final song
Spoiler for Hello GoodBye:
Best luck , dude. I hope you'll play it without even one wrong note
Old 2011-02-27, 15:46   Link #182
yui_hirasawa
Anime Amateur

I would love to find out how to play songs such as Tenshi Ni Fureta Yo! on my cello, but sadly, I suck at playing by ear, and there are virtually no sheets for learning how to play any of the K-on songs on cello.
Old 2011-02-28, 02:31   Link #183
trenton_dawn
Silt

Guitar Pro tabs have standard score on them. There's a huge database at the link in my sig.
Old 2011-02-28, 11:11   Link #184
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

"K-on!" was the anime that gave me that one final push to seriously consider learning to play an musical instrument.

I'm not gonna lie, I thought learning to play a guitar would be an awesome thing after watching the "Live Alive" episode of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" and playing games like "Guilty Gear". Sure, there were plenty of other anime and games that inspired me since but when I got to "K-On!" I thought, "Hmmm, maybe I should seriously consider getting myself a new hobby. Something other then anime, manga, and game related..."

So...I've picked up the old, worn out acoustic guitar out of my family's basement and am currently in the process of learning cords. And when I get used to, or rather when I actually start memorizing cords, I'm thinking of buying me a brand new guitar. (^_^)

...I just need to figure out what kind of guitar to buy while trying to work out something with that little voice in my heard telling me to buy a bass guitar as well...OTZ

Its almost a shame that "K-on!" wasnt around when I was still in high school, I think I might of seriously considered joining a band if it was. )XD

...sometime even I'm amazed at how easily influenced I am.
Old 2011-06-21, 02:54   Link #185
MC-Akio
Invincible Baker

Well I was inspired to play the rock music genre from watching K-on.

Its strange though because I don't play normal instruments.

I play the Shamisen (A traditional Japanese instrument)

The Child's Dream is the Dream of the Parents
Old 2011-06-23, 05:34   Link #186
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Hmmm... It's been a while since I last posted in here (that is, if I've posted in this thread before). Despite having lost some interest in K-On ever since the second season ended, I still have to say that I can definitely relate to the feeling that you get when you are either performing on stage or watching a band perform live on a small stage at an intimate setting. As much as I still harbour dreams of rocking out at Rock Am Ring, the Budokan, and either Donnington or Download, personally, you're not a true music enthusiast until you've seen a band rock the ten shades of (insert appropriate swear word) out of a small place, and that's something I can still take out of the show long after I've lost interest in it.

(And yes, having seen my friends' band perform live not once, but twice at a couple of local music bars, I can testify to that.)

On that note, for those of you who are fans of Death Devil, feel free to click the image in my signature. To the mods, if this is an infraction of the rules, feel free to mete out any punishment as you see fit - it's completely worth helping to promote my friends' band.
Old 2011-06-23, 23:03   Link #187
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Hmmm... It's been a while since I last posted in here (that is, if I've posted in this thread before). Despite having lost some interest in K-On ever since the second season ended, I still have to say that I can definitely relate to the feeling that you get when you are either performing on stage or watching a band perform live on a small stage at an intimate setting. As much as I still harbour dreams of rocking out at Rock Am Ring, the Budokan, and either Donnington or Download, personally, you're not a true music enthusiast until you've seen a band rock the ten shades of (insert appropriate swear word) out of a small place, and that's something I can still take out of the show long after I've lost interest in it.

(And yes, having seen my friends' band perform live not once, but twice at a couple of local music bars, I can testify to that.)

On that note, for those of you who are fans of Death Devil, feel free to click the image in my signature. To the mods, if this is an infraction of the rules, feel free to mete out any punishment as you see fit - it's completely worth helping to promote my friends' band.
I find my self rocking out to that band, Reckless is a pretty steller band!
Old 2011-06-26, 03:16   Link #188
all_flying

K-ON! is not my inspiration to bought an old cheap guitar (about $15. A guitar that never can be tuned)

I bought my guitar about a month before I watched this show. I've been influenced to play an instrument years before. At that time (on middleschool I think), I played a keyboard. A cheap local produced keyboard to be precise. And no one can teach me how to play it. So, I lost interest. By highschool, my little bro bought an acoustic guitar and we both were learning guitar together. But, I was quitting before graduated. And that guitar is now broken.

3 years after entering university, I've been invited to come to a music store by my friend. He was looking for a bass guitar. At that time, I thought that maybe I should buy a new keyboard/guitar as well (since we're both already influenced by Youtube/NicoNico artists). About 4 months after that (2 months before watching K-ON!), I met a new friend that teach me a lot about guitar, and finally a month later I bought that cheap one.

So? yeah, K-ON! is not my inspiration to bought a new instrument anyway. But,

later, my friend (the bassist) was very noisy and asked me to download an anime that I'm not interested and I even forgot what it's name (it's not K-ON! to be sure). So, I've came up with an excuse that my next download project after "T* *r* M****** n* *n*** II" and "*n****** ***a***" is "K-ON!". At that time I only downloaded a few eps (5 eps) and not watching it and don't have any interest to watch it. But, again my friend was very noisy and he want to try to watch it. Since he don't have any media to play a digital video files, so he borrowed my notebook, but since I don't have any recreation tools besides my guitar and my notebook, so we're ended up watching it together. My first impression was "Ah, girls...". But for some reasons, I kept on watching it. From season 1 to season 2. And it really made my days. My spirit to play guitar arose again, and it really inspired me to pick my guitar and play some K-ON! tunes by ears.

K-ON! inspired me to work hard and never give up in playing music. Some people might say that they're not practice at all. But I totally disagree. Yui and Ritsu is practicing hard. There are a lot of hints that they're actually practicing. And Yui inspired me to learn about singing while playing guitar (It's hard at first, but becomes easier later).

So, K-ON! is not my inspiration to buy a guitar, but it inspired me to play a guitar (more). It was simply my reasoning that "If Yui can do it, then I can do it better!"
Spoiler for addition:

Ah, I said too much...
Old 2011-07-13, 14:39   Link #189
Ushuujin

K-on was an inspiration to me i guess :3. It inspired me to want to play an instrument but my parents kept telling me there's no way that i can have an instrument especially an electric guitar because we live in a town house. I kept telling them that ill play quietly blah blah blah and get an amp once i'm pro xD. so my birthday was coming up in a week and i kept asking my friends for money - i got 4 dollars OTL. Everyday i kept going on the "L.AMusic" website searching for a cheap instrument. Finally on the day of my birthday i got appox. 300 dollars. I went to a music store in the mall and bought my first bass recommended by the owner (cost me 180 dollars) and got a bag and a strap which cost me the rest of my money T-T. Now its been like what a month since then and i've had fun learning and playing my bass ^^ but i wish my friends had interest in playing an instrument as well ;3.

srry its long-ish dont bother reading = o =;
Old 2011-07-18, 03:53   Link #190
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuujin View Post
K-on was an inspiration to me i guess :3. It inspired me to want to play an instrument but my parents kept telling me there's no way that i can have an instrument especially an electric guitar because we live in a town house. I kept telling them that ill play quietly blah blah blah and get an amp once i'm pro xD. so my birthday was coming up in a week and i kept asking my friends for money - i got 4 dollars OTL. Everyday i kept going on the "L.AMusic" website searching for a cheap instrument. Finally on the day of my birthday i got appox. 300 dollars. I went to a music store in the mall and bought my first bass recommended by the owner (cost me 180 dollars) and got a bag and a strap which cost me the rest of my money T-T. Now its been like what a month since then and i've had fun learning and playing my bass ^^ but i wish my friends had interest in playing an instrument as well ;3.

srry its long-ish dont bother reading = o =;
you're not the only one whose friends aren't interested. I have only one friend/rival who plays the guitar , but he's way more unexperienced than me
Old 2011-07-18, 14:24   Link #191
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Inspired by K-On!? A scary thought indeed. Even more so if the statement is true. First season did nothing in particular though, just a cute series full of fluffy happiness. But the second one really got me, especially the first OP and that episode where the girls named their instruments (Mio with her bass, anyone?).

Result? Me buying this a few months ago. Ended up being the best investment of my life. Who would have guessed? (looking forward to buying some solid 88-key piece of B&Ws once I learn to play properly)

I come from a family with a musical background, both my dad and brother play electric guitars so I guess it was just a matter of time and the right way of persuasion; anime...of all things, gawd.
Old 2011-07-21, 10:40   Link #192
Pr0no0b

Well, I wanted to buy a new guitar anyway, but I couldn't decide which one to get. K-On made me fall in love with the LP, so I bought this one
It's not exactly the one that Yui has, but it just looked so awesome I had to buy it
You could say K-On inspired me, especially because I'm trying to play a lot of their songs
Old 2011-07-22, 06:00   Link #193
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

For me, whilst K-On! had me interested in getting an electric guitar, I realised I might lose interest in trying to play a musical instrument, and I couldn't justify to myself the cost of getting one...
K-On, however, has entrenched my musical interests in the rock genre, which I am grateful for.
Old 2011-08-17, 05:24   Link #194
Blazing CobaltX
Is a Cyrus fangirl

I want to play drum because of Ritsu and bass because of Mio. :3
Old 2011-11-12, 20:09   Link #195
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I like the K-on songs, but that's just it. No lyrics gave me the inspiration to play any musical instruments.

Well as they say, some just like to listen.
jejeje i found my answer i think so, i would like these girls play some covers some artists for example:

year of the cat - al stweart
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM7LR46zrQU

light my fire
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iSXrZYhJt4
this last song, i imagine it would be a hit
Old 2011-11-21, 14:44   Link #196
kaitok
Inspired Musician

More of like I got inspired to form a band now than to play a song. But yeh I'm trying out a solo guitar piece for No, Thank You! XD
Old 2011-11-26, 13:14   Link #197
Seihai
スマイリウム

Since years I regret that before this I never started to play any instruments at all. When I return to my home country next year, I will definitely start to get myself on the piano, that's what I decided 2 years ago. Now K-ON! didn't give me the desire to play something, but it strengthened it. On top of that, it made me change my mind from learning piano to E-guitar. Not because of Yui particularly. Since both guitar and piano (well, keyboard is included) are on my #1 list, it is fine. After I watched the series I realized that it fits my budget better, and guitars are more mobile, too.

I don't have any great plans in mind like become a pro but I definitely want to experience that musical fun out of getting a feeling for creating your own sounds. It would surely add spice to my life and I am really happy that in the end I didn't miss out on K-ON! because it's one heck of a great show. I never expected that I would get a similar feeling of happiness and satisfaction like I got from Hidamari Sketch which is also one of my very favourites.
Old 2011-11-28, 22:09   Link #198
sa547
*Author

Despite not having a musical instrument (but worked as a audio system technician at one time in high school), watching the show intensely rekindled my interest in rock music, especially the classics (Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, and I'm getting Dream Theater).
Old 2011-11-29, 23:55   Link #199
SoyaBamboo

I started my guitar journey because of k-on too My first electric guitar was les paul type as i want to follow yui exactly x)
All the beginner songs i learn are k-on songs, fuwa fuwa time, my love is a stapler etc..
And slowly i have a desire to form band, still lacking bassist and drummer though ;S

Here's one of my cover for K-ON, their school anthem rock ver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btNvmrgJJx8

Etto.. my cover might not be good enough, enjoy ! ;D
Old 2011-12-24, 16:46   Link #200
Ritsu Tainaka
Your're stupid! =p
*Graphic Designer

I've always wanted a Drum Set. K-on! Inspired me to get a guitar. It looked more fun and more spotlightish.

So K-on! was inspiring to get a Guitar, in the end I still stuck with the drums because I've always wanted it as it felt like my kind of thing and Guitars are too mainstream, everyone has one that it's not even cool. =p
Closed Thread