AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-28, 23:39   Link #21
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Supposedly AonE and Froth-Bite will be making a release for this sometime in the future... No idea when though.
Really? You got a good source of info? What about the raws?--I'm sure they are flying around somewhere in l33t raw form... In any case I'm keeping my eyes peeled
Old 2004-04-29, 02:45   Link #22
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
yes.

(this text added to make message conform to the minimum length requirements)
Old 2004-04-29, 05:45   Link #23
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Special moves have very often been in English thoughtout anime, no? English is "cool," isn't it?
Don't really watch anime with special moves that often. Or when I did it was a dub.

"Daizer Jump!"

"Getter Beam!"

"Super Tornado Nuclear Punch!"
Old 2004-05-01, 17:45   Link #24
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

i'm an l33t distro member, and one of the guys said Aone or this other group may sub it. really, though, it's already 4 eps in now and still no sub...i guess it's becuz alot of people think it's 70's robots? i just watch it for fun lol.
Old 2004-05-01, 18:10   Link #25
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman
i'm an l33t distro member, and one of the guys said Aone or this other group may sub it. really, though, it's already 4 eps in now and still no sub...i guess it's becuz alot of people think it's 70's robots? i just watch it for fun lol.
It was the same with the first season too, it wasn't until five or six episodes into the show before AonE-Inf picked it up... So it's not surprising. Many people just don't think highly of the concept I guess.
Old 2004-05-01, 22:36   Link #26
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
It was the same with the first season too, it wasn't until five or six episodes into the show before AonE-Inf picked it up... So it's not surprising. Many people just don't think highly of the concept I guess.
I guess my terse corroboration of this before wasn't clear enough, so I guess I'll be a bit more verbose now.

It's not a matter of when we pick it up (we already have - as a joint with froth-bite). It's been an official "happening" thing for a while now.

but for you as viewers, it's a matter of when the first ep emerges from the end of the pipeline. That's what you're waiting for right now.

I am not in that project room or on that team, so I can't give you any more information about it (because I don't have more info myself). But rest assured, it's happening.
Old 2004-05-02, 00:09   Link #27
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
I do realize many are turned-off by this show's more-than-excessive, "Slayers-esque" semi-nudity of women with abnormally large breasts. Frankly, this show does not seem to benefit much from it, other than garnering notoriety and getting itself classified as nothing more than a "Moe~ Fanservice."
Hmm... well, call me a little different, but I have always been turned on by semi-nude women with abnormally large breasts. Men just don't "do it" for me, you know? Unless it's a Gacktoid... those guys are pretty hot.

But on topic, I enjoy Godannar for the moe. Heck, I think there isn't enough moe in the series. If there was no moe I wouldn't have even watched it. So my point is, the series is appealing to both men who are turned on by jiggling breasts and men who are turned on by giant robots. Men who are only turned on by other men will probably not enjoy the series and hence the bad comments the show has received.
Old 2004-05-02, 00:27   Link #28
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

it could be goddannar fanboys go about telling everyone about how great the anime is, and when they finally see it it turns out to be a cheesy super-robo action thingy for kids. I know.. it happened to me. I read all the great comments went to download it only to realize it was that kind of anime. If I had known I would have avoided it in the first place. Maybe people think the genre is bad, not the anime itself
Old 2004-05-20, 21:22   Link #29
Final

I don't even like that many Mecha shows but Godannar was great.

I loved how over the top it was. The animation and color was brillant. If you don't like fan service or things going boom then yeah its not for you but I thought it was great.

I saw episode 14 out is that the first part of season two or just the second half of episode 13?
Old 2004-05-20, 21:39   Link #30
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final
I don't even like that many Mecha shows but Godannar was great.

I loved how over the top it was. The animation and color was brillant. If you don't like fan service or things going boom then yeah its not for you but I thought it was great.

I saw episode 14 out is that the first part of season two or just the second half of episode 13?
It's actually episode 1 of season 2. Episode 13 is the end of season 1, and season 2 starts right where it left off with a handy review session for those who are a bit behind. I'm not sure why they opted to name it episode 14, but I think the crew opted for less confusion. Calling it "Godannar <something> 14" puts it in logical order with "Godannar 13" and answers the questions "what order should I watch this in" and "where does this fit with this other show called Godannar".
Old 2004-05-20, 23:47   Link #31
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Let me say this, Go chin is an idiot. ~_~

I also kept confusing his name with Gai.
Old 2004-05-21, 09:35   Link #32
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Loved the show but hated the main female char -_-. Gods, what an annoying -----

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2004-05-21, 10:15   Link #33
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

It has a surprisingly good plot and subplots. Some people watch the first 2 or 3 episodes and dismiss it as a shallow show. They are missing out on some good stuff.
Old 2004-05-27, 01:52   Link #34
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shinkon Gattai Godannar

Can only say this, Retro 70's-New Millenium Sci-Fi anime.

OOO!! It's like watching the 70's classics: Mazzinger Z, Grendizer, Gekikanger, and Tetsujin 28 crammed together, and then mix with a spice of Vandread.
(The merging of female-shaped with a male-shaped giant robots)

This series is ludicrous for its shameless fan-service. I mean the female pilots wear tight and provocative piloting suits, endowing a lot their *ahem* physique, as I should put it safe; leaving a lot room for guy's imagination.

Lots of gratitious shower scenes, skimply-clad clothed girls, and mild / faint *ahem* nudity.

However, this series packs the punch for action: a la Mazinger Z combined with the famous five-sentai squad team members. (Ultraman meets Power Rangers meet Godzilla)

Yeah, that's what I wanted some Retro 70's styled sci-fi anime.

Have you notice that the guy who sings the OP theme for the first season and the ED theme for the second season sounds like he's drunk?

No, seriously I mean it. That guy likely drank a fountain of sake. Sounds foolishly comical when he performs those songs.

Finally, I understand the mystery about Goddanar 2nd Season delay fansubbing. It seems that AonE & Infusion broke up their partnership and took sometime for the first one to found a new partner in Froth-Bite.

I'm gonna miss AonE-Inf friendship from the first season, but I do give the welcome to the new and improved AonE-FB alliance front for the second season.

Go, Goddanar rule the world!
Old 2004-05-27, 07:34   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Have you notice that the guy who sings the OP theme for the first season and the ED theme for the second season sounds like he's drunk?
Actually, THIS is the retro aspect of this show... Most super-robot OPs from the 70's have this kind of singing...

Quote:
Finally, I understand the mystery about Goddanar 2nd Season delay fansubbing. It seems that AonE & Infusion broke up their partnership and took sometime for the first one to found a new partner in Froth-Bite.

I'm gonna miss AonE-Inf friendship from the first season, but I do give the welcome to the new and improved AonE-FB alliance front for the second season.
Umm, not really, since just about all of Infusion's old projects have indeed been transfered over to F-B, and this is no exception.
Old 2004-05-27, 08:07   Link #36
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Special moves have very often been in English thoughtout anime
English is just so exotic.
Old 2004-05-27, 08:20   Link #37
Secca
nya`
*Artist

"Soul crusher" probably one of the most famous name for finishing move. ^^
Old 2004-06-09, 18:34   Link #38
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, how are people thinking about the second season? I think it becomes weirder and weirder
Old 2004-06-09, 18:50   Link #39
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

more gratuitous nudity and girls in skimpy-clad, pilot clothes.

That's what you meant about?

Or is it.....

Giant robo battles vs. Mimesis beasts, a la Mazinger Z
Old 2004-06-09, 19:57   Link #40
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, how are people thinking about the second season? I think it becomes weirder and weirder
Well, that cat guy who wants to marry Anna IS really strange... No idea what his purpose was... Plus all those dead people coming back to life. Certainly is getting stranger and stranger... Which is why I'm looking forward to more.