AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-01, 13:45   Link #301
tsunade666

its not really a electricity. If you read the manga or novel. Accel said that theirs a certain frequency that allows one to manipulate the wind mills. Just imagine it a remote controller. With the correct frequency it will work and it doesn't need that much electricity to work.

btw what's static electricity to begin with? Misaka said that she release a weak static electricity that can only be felt by animals with their higher senses than human.

Even if she goes to the pool which they did really in a railgun novel. It looks like it didn't even effect. With the status of the pool or even had a shock to the others.

electrocute more like gives a tingling sense to me or a massage.
Old 2010-03-01, 14:08   Link #302
Seihai
スマイリウム

Wait, there's also a seperate Light Novel for Kagaku no Railgun besides Majutsu no Index?
Old 2010-03-01, 18:44   Link #303
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Wait, there's also a seperate Light Novel for Kagaku no Railgun besides Majutsu no Index?
There is a mininovel which was included with the DVD/BDs of Index anime.
Old 2010-03-01, 21:35   Link #304
Minagi Mikoto

Spoiler for Space:

@ Avegaille & tsunade666

Firstly, Mikoto powered up the windmills on purpose (maybe she was bored or something ) as you can see that she concentrates on them.

Secondly, for driving an electric motor (that is to make windmills rotate), you need a certain amount of voltage, not only a special frequency! She definitely apply a high voltage (with specific frequency) to make them rotate.

Thirdly, for a certain amount of electric current to cause electrocute or not, the time of being in contact with it doesn't matter. What matters is the magnitude of electric current (total charge per unit time) not the total charge transmitted.

Therefore I assure you that you'll be safe if you'd ever want to go together with Misaka in a pool .
Old 2010-03-02, 08:13   Link #305
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
@ Avegaille & tsunade666

Firstly, Mikoto powered up the windmills on purpose (maybe she was bored or something ) as you can see that she concentrates on them.

Secondly, for driving an electric motor (that is to make windmills rotate), you need a certain amount of voltage, not only a special frequency! She definitely apply a high voltage (with specific frequency) to make them rotate.

Thirdly, for a certain amount of electric current to cause electrocute or not, the time of being in contact with it doesn't matter. What matters is the magnitude of electric current (total charge per unit time) not the total charge transmitted.

Therefore I assure you that you'll be safe if you'd ever want to go together with Misaka in a pool .
How can we actually know she powered them up on purpose though... isn't the reason behind it is her AIM Field?

But anyway, enough about that... I just wanted to confirm this thing somehow cause of an RP we're doing... and well, I just have to remember not to make Mikoto furious or she'll involuntarily release that electricity... xD;
Old 2010-03-04, 02:41   Link #306
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
btw how many years has Academy city existed?
Corrected your grammar.

Anyway the answer for your question, according to Sherry Cromwell, her friend Ellis was killed by the Knights of England for being involved with the secret magician-esper hybrid experiment, 20 years before the start of the series. This suggest the city has existed at least before the 1980's. My guess the city was created by Aleister sometimes long after his "death" after WW2, possibly either during the 1960's or 1970's since a lot technological progress happen during that period. (Remember, this is just a guess.)
Old 2010-03-04, 10:27   Link #307
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Corrected your grammar.

Anyway the answer for your question, according to Sherry Cromwell, her friend Ellis was killed by the Knights of England for being involved with the secret magician-esper hybrid experiment, 20 years before the start of the series. This suggest the city has existed at least before the 1980's. My guess the city was created by Aleister sometimes long after his "death" after WW2, possibly either during the 1960's or 1970's since a lot technological progress happen during that period. (Remember, this is just a guess.)
Spoiler Box please! Not all of us read the light novels or manga!
Old 2010-03-04, 10:29   Link #308
tsunade666

its not really a spoiler because I think she said it in the anime when she is fighting touma.
Old 2010-03-04, 10:30   Link #309
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
its not really a spoiler because I think she said it in the anime when she is fighting touma.
Of coarse, I'm talking about Aleister. I didn't know he died at WW2!

Last edited by Minagi Mikoto; 2010-03-04 at 12:50. Reason: MrTerrorist fixed my mistake!
Old 2010-03-04, 11:59   Link #310
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Of coarse, I'm talking about Aleister. I didn,t know he dead at WW2!
It was a guess.
And a presumed death (dunno either if it's true or not but it's not really a spoiler to me anyway) is kinda understandable looking at his current state.
Old 2010-03-04, 12:30   Link #311
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
It was a guess.
And a presumed death (dunno either if it's true or not but it's not really a spoiler to me anyway) is kinda understandable looking at his current state.
Thanks Vanish! And sorry MrTerrorist! I didn't read the last line! (about it being just a guess!)

Last edited by Minagi Mikoto; 2010-03-04 at 12:49.
Old 2010-03-04, 12:32   Link #312
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Of coarse, I'm talking about Aleister. I didn't know he dead at WW2!
Aleister is a historical character. In our timeline he died in 1947 at the age of 72.

Last edited by dahak; 2010-03-04 at 12:33. Reason: Spelling Aleister correctly
Old 2010-03-04, 12:37   Link #313
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Aleister is a historical character. In our timeline he died in 1947 at the age of 72.
Thanks a lot! That was a surprise!
Old 2010-03-04, 12:44   Link #314
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Of coarse, I'm talking about Aleister. I didn't know he died at WW2!
Fixed!

Aleister Crowley is actually a real person that existed, and not an original character made by the author. Anyone who has ever played Clive Baker's Jericho and Nightmare Creatures knows who he is. In fact You Should Know This Already that the real Aleister died in 1947 at the old age of 72, yet this version of Aleister in the Toaru series managed to stay alive, went to Japan, had a young body and created Academy City.

Here's the link of who Aleister Crowley is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

EDIT:dahak already gave you the link. Never mind.
Old 2010-03-04, 12:47   Link #315
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Fixed!

Aleister Crowley is actually a real person that existed, and not an original character made by the author. Anyone who has ever played Clive Baker's Jericho and Nightmare Creatures knows who he is. In fact You Should Know This Already that the real Aleister died in 1947 at the old age of 72, yet this version of Aleister in the Toaru series managed to stay alive, went to Japan, had a young body and created Academy City.

Here's the link of who Aleister Crowley is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley
Thanks! I've already looked up wikipedia about him!
And by the way thanks for fixing me! That was embarrassing!
Old 2010-03-05, 05:16   Link #316
tsunade666

Well Aleister Crowley should been dead already. His just a historical character in to aru verse too.

Spoiler for Aleister Crowley Of To Aru Verse:
Old 2010-03-05, 05:31   Link #317
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well Aleister Crowley should been dead already. His just a historical character in to aru verse too.

Spoiler for Aleister Crowley Of To Aru Verse:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-05, 09:58   Link #318
tsunade666

soooooooooo even though quite few knows his name but to know his true identify is 1 in a billion oh great secretive guy but even though his like that he never lies but still even though he never lied it doesn't mean he always say everything.
Old 2010-03-08, 14:27   Link #319
Hornster

erm guys

got a question (lol really?)

are you all just leet haxor japanese speaking people or is there a secret place on the internet where I can find the novels translated?

if it's against the rules to tell me about said secret place, well I'm sorry then
Old 2010-03-08, 14:49   Link #320
Seihai
スマイリウム

Google.
To Aru Majutsu no Index Light Novel.
TADAA!!~

Tags
q&a