AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-03-24, 17:06   Link #201
VABG
Without Avatar

Actually... the right arm looks small... but if you look at it from a "logical perspective" it looks realistic... The left hand looks like a balloon though...

Otherwise great picture!
VABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:18   Link #202
servant69

Thumbs up thank you

hey i love your work and the newest dragon pic is incredible i loved the pencil one the trying to paint it but its taking a long time wen i saw the new pic it inspired me to get a move on the your old pic and i thank you for the wonderful job on the pics and i hope we c many more to come

thank you
from your servant lol
servant69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:23   Link #203
Konzept
Twisted

Send a message via MSN to Konzept
Nice picture, I see you put alot work into it. I really like the background but there are anatomy and proportions problems with Kairin. Sometimes, you are so into the work that you will miss alot of the mistakes. This is where other artists comes in and spot these things.

Alot of what blazerushmore said is right, I did some outlining of the original and my modified one. Sorry I used your picture like this without your permission but I'm more of a visual person so is easier to show you like this then to write it out.

What I do is flap my picture horizontaly, it is easier to spot incorrect things when you do this. Like a mirror when something is not right flipped, something is wrong unflipped.

~Cheers
Konzept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:33   Link #204
VABG
Without Avatar

A picture is worth a thousand words... though a bit harsch words
Agree at most of the points. If the picture got most of these modifications it would look truly great...
Old 2007-03-24, 18:44   Link #205
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konzept View Post
Nice picture, I see you put alot work into it. I really like the background but there are anatomy and proportions problems with Kairin. Sometimes, you are so into the work that you will miss alot of the mistakes. This is where other artists comes in and spot these things.

Alot of what blazerushmore said is right, I did some outlining of the original and my modified one. Sorry I used your picture like this without your permission but I'm more of a visual person so is easier to show you like this then to write it out.

What I do is flap my picture horizontaly, it is easier to spot incorrect things when you do this. Like a mirror when something is not right flipped, something is wrong unflipped.

~Cheers
Hey thanks for that. It's a lot easier to see what is being talked about with a picture. I agree with the left hand. I like it in yours better. However I'm still not convinced about the right arm pose. In my version she's supporting the weight of her torso with her elbow locked into position. In the modified version, there's no support for the weight. But yes her shoulder is out a bit too much I see that now.

*thinks*

Ok I already have this picture printed out...I thought it was finished. Now it looks like it isn't. So the question now is this. Do I go back and fix everything even after already spending a good month on this (and these are NOT minor changes. They would take another 1-2 weeks since I have work to go to as well). Or do I say "okay I know the mistakes, I'll learn from them and try not to do them next time"

What's everyone opinion on this?

EDIT: And I guess this is perfect evidence that no one is perfect. I may seem like I can draw really well but I know better than anyone that I still have much to learn. I am only 20 after all (which may not seem like an excuse but let's face it. The older you are, the longer you've been drawing, the better you become). Looking back just now though, I need more of the above posts. Posts that tell me what's wrong with my pictures. They help me to become better and that in the end is my ultimate goal (alongside of having fun because if it isn't fun, what's the point?)

Last edited by Kiva128; 2007-03-24 at 18:55.
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:15   Link #206
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128 View Post
Do I go back and fix everything even after already spending a good month on this (and these are NOT minor changes. They would take another 1-2 weeks since I have work to go to as well). Or do I say "okay I know the mistakes, I'll learn from them and try not to do them next time"
Your drawing, your call.
If you think it's worth fixing (it is on the main page), then fix it. If not (won't it be replaced come summer?), then leave it.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 05:06   Link #207
Konzept
Twisted

Send a message via MSN to Konzept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128 View Post
Hey thanks for that. It's a lot easier to see what is being talked about with a picture. I agree with the left hand. I like it in yours better. However I'm still not convinced about the right arm pose. In my version she's supporting the weight of her torso with her elbow locked into position. In the modified version, there's no support for the weight. But yes her shoulder is out a bit too much I see that now.
With the perspective you have right now, there is no need for her to support the weight of her torso. If she was leaning way more forward then yes she would need the support and you'll have to redo her whole hip areas if you wanted that.

I would go back to fix it since you already have a mindset on this, so you train yourself to get into the habit of doing it and not forget it. Alot of artists has this problem, including myself.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING MISTAKES, IT IS PART OF LEARNING AND IMPROVING IF YOU APPLY YOURSELF... oops caps

~Cheers
Konzept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 09:58   Link #208
Winchester

I think most of the problem with that right arm is a perspective/shading issue. The current taper of the arm from shoulder to wrist, and the size of the hand, makes it hard to see that it's further away from the viewer than the rest. In fact, interpreting the image according to the artist's instructions would mean that her arm is thicker at the wrist than at the elbow, which is a little weird.

The two main fixes I could see for this that do not involve changing the pose (as Konzept did), would be to increase the taper (making the arm thin more rapidly towards the wrist) leaving the hand (which looks fine) alone; and enlarging the other hand (while fixing the finger definition issue). Also, it'd help if the elbow was at least hinted at in the shading.

Other than that, the pic looks great. Good luck on the next one!
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 20:05   Link #209
Nergol

Not impressed with the jeans pic on the splash page. Jeans look cheap. Sorry, but it's the truth. She's a cute mascot, and you're a good artist. but that look.... bleah.

Last edited by Nergol; 2007-03-25 at 21:28.
Nergol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:43   Link #210
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Ok so I went ahead and fixed the Japanese grammar on the pillar. It should be all good now.

Also I've decided I'm not going to fix the 'proportion' problems on Kairin. I've already spent too much time on this drawing and it's time to move on. I know this may disappoint some of you but if you had to choose between me taking much longer to fix a picture that's in my eyes good enough (despite the errors) or making more new Kairin pictures, which would you prefer? I would choose the latter

Besides, since chibi Kairin is next, I won't have to worry about proportions, willl I?
Old 2007-03-28, 08:31   Link #211
VABG
Without Avatar

Chibi!? YESSS!! *Waiting in anticipation*

................*Still waiting*..... And now I'm on a journey to actually have something to do (but still waiting).

I hope that your chibi version gets even better than the last one!
Old 2007-03-30, 14:59   Link #212
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

No new stuff yet. I just wanted to comment on some pictures that people did of Kairin. I never got around to it (until now) so sorry about the long wait!

Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.
[/spoiler]

I must say that you chose a very difficult pose but managed to pull it off pretty nicely. I like the way her hand is resting over her head. Looks nice like that. Also, the hair is well done too. One thing that sticks out is some proportion stuff. The ears are a bit too high and the hands are too small. Learning how to draw those things really does come from practising. I hope to see more of your work (why don't you post more? ).

**Removed**

I really like how this one feels. Kairin's face looks great and I love the little bell earrings. This is one of those pictures that would look better if it were coloured. Maybe if you don't mind I could "redo" it sort of and colour it.

Nice work!

EDIT: Oh btw, although the picture on the main page doesn't bother me...It would seem that a lot of people don't like it as much as I do (which sucks considering the time I put into it) so if the mods want to, they can replace it with chibi Kairin when I get around to doing it (shouldn't be too long...hopefully). Ironic isn't it. The picture I liked the most ended up being one that most people just gave a "meh" feeling to. =/
Thank you to those that did/do enjoy the picture. It makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time by doing them.

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:17.
Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 16:28   Link #213
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well, I liked it a lot. It felt all cheery and springy to me. And Kairin is pretty and stuff...

... and while there do seem to be a few small problems with her stance as demonstrated by Konzept, they are minor compared to everything you got right so I don't think you disrespected our Kairin. Thanks for Spring Kairing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:35   Link #214
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Sorry for the dumb question, but what Series does Kairin came from anyway?
ArchDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:47   Link #215
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Probably the most commonly asked question in this thread. I'll tell you the same answer. Kairin is an original creation of Kiva128's design created specifically for our forum. We had a mascot creation contest and Kairin won.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 13:14   Link #216
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Ah, I see, no wonder I've never seen her before.
Thanks for the explanation.
ArchDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 14:40   Link #217
Dan

My first attempt was shut down by an administrator, unnecessarily in my opinion, but so be it.

Anyway, I hope to plea to whomever has control over the main page image of this mascot to change it as soon as possible.

This picture is terrible. I am not talking about the artists craft, but the appearance of this girl, as I said in my shut down thread she looks like a middle class suburbanite in a gated community who shops at Abercrombie & Fitch. I am sick of looking at such a sad representation of apparently middle class white america.

And this is meant as legitimate criticism. At least change it back to something neutral a la this character's ambiguous robes from previous designs.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 17:39   Link #218
Keirin
One from the moon

Send a message via MSN to Keirin
Aww! you guys are talented! Kairin is soo cute ^^
Keirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 18:41   Link #219
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

@Dan

What the heck is your problem? All she's wearing is a t-shirt and jeans. Since when did that become "a sad representation of apparently middle class white america."?
You never wear jeans or t-shirt before in your life? Give me a break.

Oh and excuse me if you don't like it. I don't really care. I drew what I wanted to draw and that's it. You're overreacting and you're making yourself look foolish.

Besides, do you honestly believe the mods will change the picture just for you? Just because you don't like it? Get real. The only person that really matters who likes it or not is GHDpro because it's his site. Not yours.

Oh and I'm aware that probably there are more people that hate it. So what? There's plenty of people that like it as well. You can't please both. You don't like it? Too bad. Get over it.
Old 2007-04-01, 02:17   Link #220
sosanimeboy

Send a message via AIM to sosanimeboy Send a message via MSN to sosanimeboy Send a message via Yahoo to sosanimeboy
Wow...Talk about over reactions. It's just a picture, and it's just a casual website. Why go into so much trouble to dodge mods and express such frustration about an image on a website?

Saa.... wakaranai...

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate