AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-15, 00:15   Link #601
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

How long did it take for any of you to give into using fusion in your first playthrough? I didn't use fusion until Void Game, since they give you much more shuffle personae in P4. Got me my first dyne spell.

On another note, "Spacy Girl" and "Errand Boy" need some real identities.
Old 2009-01-15, 01:17   Link #602
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually fused ASAP, since skills through s link levels really do make a difference. I mean, given with the ability to goho-m anytime you want, goho-m'ing when your persona repertoire is full is just too damn powerful to ignore. Keeping your personae updated so the AGI level is around or above most monster's own AGI level is what saves your butt in expert. Saves you money in the long run too, since sooner or later you're going to be running into quad and higher fusions, of which many of its ingredients are of the lower levels personae.

Not that I really agree with that idea that there's more shuffle personae this time around though, because in P3, if you get the MC to have the last hit in battle, it's an auto-shuffle time. In here, it's more or less random. I'd usually get a full repertoire in P3 in 2 or 3 floors. While in here I do get a full repertoire in the same 2 or 3 floors, floors here are much bigger in comparison.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 05:23   Link #603
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
How long did it take for any of you to give into using fusion in your first playthrough? I didn't use fusion until Void Game, since they give you much more shuffle personae in P4. Got me my first dyne spell.

I don't understand, why would you not fuse? Free levels, inherited skills... there's really no reason not to.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 05:54   Link #604
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Dude, thats some fanart. Thanks for all the pictures.

I saw in the fanart that MC has Izanagi-No-Okami persona, similar to Izanagi. This is my second playthrough after I got the bad ending on purpose, so I don't know if that persona appears only in the end or do you can have it fused once you reach higher levels.
Old 2009-01-15, 06:03   Link #605
KOS-MOS

iirc, you have to see the true ending first in order to fusing Persona for Izanagi no Okami on 2nd playthrough...
KOS-MOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 06:40   Link #606
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

@megane : Now I wouldn't mind getting a P4:FES if they're going to put that in the game
She's so cute xD

I wonder if you didn't choose any lovers, you'll get her as your lovers in the end ? . . nah.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:06   Link #607
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post

I started using fusion asap, also because that's actually one of my favorite things to do in the game, besides being useful.

That said, since it's definitely harder to get money in P4 compared to P3, I couldn't complete the compendium due to lack of money. Well, my level wasn't high enough to fuse a few too (I just leveled the MC to 87 because I wanted Helel); but leveling more than that didn't seem worth the effort when I didn't have enough money to complete the last few pentagon/hexagon spread fusions that I was missing.

Last edited by Shirogane; 2009-01-15 at 11:30.
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:31   Link #608
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOS-MOS View Post
iirc, you have to see the true ending first in order to fusing Persona for Izanagi no Okami on 2nd playthrough...
Does that mean you can save it in the compendium in the new cycle? That'd be nice!!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 09:38   Link #609
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

You can't save Izanagi no Okami in compendium.

Old 2009-01-15, 11:06   Link #610
I-Love-Konata
Ero Hakase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
I started using fusion asap, also because that's actually one of my favorite things to do in the game, besides being useful.

That said, since it's definitely harder to get money in P4 compared to P3, I couldn't complete the compendium due to lack of money. Well, my level wasn't high enough to fuse a few too (I just leveled the MC to 87 because I wanted Helel); but it didn't seem worth the effort anyway when I didn't have enough money to complete the last few pentagon/hexagon spread fusions that I was missing.
Helel is totally worth it... He have no weaknesses after he learned his Null Wind ability.. iirc....
I-Love-Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 11:29   Link #611
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Konata View Post
Helel is totally worth it... He have no weaknesses after he learned his Null Wind ability.. iirc....
Oh I didn't mean that Helel wasn't worth the effort, but that it didn't seem a good idea to level to 93 just to be able to fuse more personas, when I didn't have money to finish the compendium anyway. I love Helel I guess my original post was confusing, I'll edit it!
And well, I would've liked to fuse Lucifer too, but leveling got so slow at a point even with +exp armor and sword. Wish there was a place to level like P3's Monad.
Old 2009-01-15, 11:53   Link #612
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

For some reasons, I don't really like Lucifer. . .
Can anyone explain what he's good at ?

Old 2009-01-15, 12:30   Link #613
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Well, one good thing about him is Victory cry Even though I don't think it is that useful in P4, because with Rise's SP restore ability I never run out of mp anyway. I don't even know if it's inheritable anymore (I would guess no).

Personally, I just really like the artwork for both Lucifers (him and Helel), even though Helel is my favorite between the two. Actually I don't think I used Lucifer in P3 either.
Old 2009-01-15, 13:44   Link #614
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Lucifer was in my persona roster in P3. There are some benefits.. One is that by fusing Lucifer with the Nihil Sword got me my favorite Lucifer's Blade which has +10 to all stats, which is like 2 times the power of Nanako's Paper Armband accessory in P4. However, the weapon fusion is no longer an available feature in P4, so this isn't a good explanation.

Instead.. A better one would be that Lucifer possesses the skill "Victory Cry" which comes in handy, especially when fusing personas. With the help of Lucifer, it is now possible to have tons of personas, even weaker ones with "Victory Cry". Thanks to it, you will save tons of yen and no longer need to yield to the greedy fox again.

I like Lucifer's skill set: Brave Blade, Mind Charge, Spell Master, Repel Light, Victory Cry, and also it's natural Null Dark. Too bad that it is extremely difficult to draw the upright Magician card which actually upgrades Bufudyne to Niflheim with Ice Amp. I got Loki at Lv70 with Niflheim, Ice Amp, and Ice Boost. It does like 400 damage against the first mini-boss in the last dungeon with the aid of Mind Charge.
Old 2009-01-15, 19:39   Link #615
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I didn't have a lot of very rewarding fusion options whenever I checked the fusion possibilities after I got a new shuffle 'sona. I didn't have a lot of high S.Links either. Plus, I was able to do pretty well without fusing, the shuffle 'sonae were enough. It was only in Void Game when I started to get my ass kicked, so I checked the Velvet Room again and realized I could get Black Frost with a few steps. Then I earned Mind Charge and Agidyne, which was actually too much for the boss. But then in the dungeon after that, Black Frost became average, and allies were still pretty weak. Difficulty curve is an ass.
Old 2009-01-15, 22:41   Link #616
Shadow Kira01

At level 80 with half maxed social links, I finally got some good ones that are actually useful..

Yoshitsune = Heat Riser + Power Charge + Myriad Arrows
Loki = Niflheim + Mind Charge + Ice Amp + Ice Boost
Scathach = Mabufudyne + Magarudyne + Ice Amp + Wind Amp + Megidolaon
Vishnu = Megidolaon + Akasha Arts + God's Hand + Power Charge + High Counter
Saturnus = Maragidyne + Fire Amp + Spell Master

Nonetheless, I think this isn't good enough to take on the last dungeon. Trumpeter still haven't learned Debilitate, while Yoshitsune is better off getting that Lv83 skill. It takes forever to gain 4 more levels.. Even when soloing, it takes like 15 minutes to earn a level for Yoshitsune. How strong is his 8x light damage-all attack anyways? Is it as good as Armageddon in P3??
Old 2009-01-15, 23:04   Link #617
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to throw out a major thank you for all the fanart on the previous page. Will take a while to save them .
Old 2009-01-15, 23:23   Link #618
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
At level 80 with half maxed social links, I finally got some good ones that are actually useful..

Yoshitsune = Heat Riser + Power Charge + Myriad Arrows
Loki = Niflheim + Mind Charge + Ice Amp + Ice Boost
Scathach = Mabufudyne + Magarudyne + Ice Amp + Wind Amp + Megidolaon
Vishnu = Megidolaon + Akasha Arts + God's Hand + Power Charge + High Counter
Saturnus = Maragidyne + Fire Amp + Spell Master

Nonetheless, I think this isn't good enough to take on the last dungeon. Trumpeter still haven't learned Debilitate, while Yoshitsune is better off getting that Lv83 skill. It takes forever to gain 4 more levels.. Even when soloing, it takes like 15 minutes to earn a level for Yoshitsune. How strong is his 8x light damage-all attack anyways? Is it as good as Armageddon in P3??
You don't need any of that for the last dungeon.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 23:37   Link #619
Elvin

Maybe he's on hard mode?
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:53   Link #620
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You don't need any of that for the last dungeon.
Spoiler:

Edit: Not on hard mode.. I was going to start it on hard mode, but chose not too. After all, it was really tough in Episode Aegis (P3) which was equivalent to hard mode, I assume. From what I learned, none of these levels of difficulty matches Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne's. I will try to finish P4 by the end of the week and start a new cycle. Or maybe, I will just start Ar Tonelico instead but that has nothing to do with this thread.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-01-16 at 01:57. Reason: answered question.

Tags
ps2