AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-21, 18:40   Link #81
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, I love it too. Just like in Full Metal Panic!.
I love FMP!
Old 2012-08-21, 18:53   Link #82
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I love FMP!
Everyone does!!!
*thinks of Yui holding a paper fan.. shouting at Yuuya
Old 2012-08-21, 21:21   Link #83
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Well, I guess its safe to assume that Yuuya and Yui are now non-shouting terms now
Old 2012-08-21, 21:43   Link #84
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I've just seen the ep. Overall, I'm quite happy with how Yui and Yuuya have grown since the last few episodes ago, where I made a long post vis-a-vis their relationship. They're now talking to each other, instead of talking at each other, which makes all the difference in the world.

We also see that racism isn't just confined to the Yanks and Japs - the Kazakhs and Georgians of Latrova's Zhar Battalion are quite hateful towards ethnic Russians. And one has to wonder what's been going on there - the way they talk implies that this isn't the first time they've tossed unsuspecting girls off to be devoured. It's disturbing, but also highlights just how bad the world is becoming.

All in all, decent ep, I think. And I'm glad that Yuuya is finally showing some of that test pilot skills - he's able to look at that railgun sniper rifle and instantly see that while it fits with the idea of staying at range, it doesn't work at all with the Shiranui Second's concept at all, but he'll try to make it work anyway. And Yui is mature enough to admit her misgivings. It's totally different from Episodes 4 and 5, and I approve indeed.

Also, it never fails to amuse me how they have their own names for the unit; Heinmann calls it XFJ, Yui uses Shiranui Nigata, and Yuuya has 94 Second.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-08-21, 22:02   Link #85
John117xCortana

It's not a sniper rifle. It's a fully automatic weapon.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:20   Link #86
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Everyone does!!!
*thinks of Yui holding a paper fan.. shouting at Yuuya
Needs moar blue hair. But Yuuya does look like what Sousuke may have been had he not been raised in Afghanistan.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:33   Link #87
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
It's not a sniper rifle. It's a fully automatic weapon.
I just checked this link, and it seems more like a light machine gun.
/wiki/EML-99X_Electromagnetic_Induction_Launcher

Sounds good for Medium to long range, but I was wondering if it is possible to run out of cooling gas?
Old 2012-08-21, 22:39   Link #88
John117xCortana

They are also fragile.
Old 2012-08-22, 02:35   Link #89
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Well, I guess its safe to assume that Yuuya and Yui are now non-shouting terms now
Well, Yuuya was distracted about Princess Yui round 03:56. The scenes involves Yui being carried by Yuuya (i.e. perhaps Yuuya thinking about Yui's quiet form and face) and Yui being red faced (i.e. maybe Yuuya thinking about Yui's mindset and recalling Yui's body form and face).
Old 2012-08-22, 03:15   Link #90
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Even though they were jerkasses who are probably going to be nothing more than Beta chow, I like the subtle touch with Yuuya thinking the Russian Eishi were just mechanics. It helps the overall feeling of desperation when you throw child soldiers into the mix.

Another thing concerning the Russian Eishi that I liked was their overall state of mind. Kids shouldn't act like that to say the least. Them being put in that position along with the way they act shows how bad the situation must be in Russia in Total Eclipse.
It's more than just bad....the Soviet territory essentially consists of Alaska and the thin strip of the Russian Far East that they're trying to hold.
Old 2012-08-22, 11:17   Link #91
maximilianjenus
[E]

also, it's like that tiny strip is the only thing keeping the betas in that side of the ocean, once/if that tiny strip of land is taken it will be the turn of the usa to be eaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I love FMP!
lies, nobody cared about a new fmp anime by kyoani being confirmed one month ago.
Old 2012-08-22, 11:18   Link #92
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
I just checked this link, and it seems more like a light machine gun.
/wiki/EML-99X_Electromagnetic_Induction_Launcher

Sounds good for Medium to long range, but I was wondering if it is possible to run out of cooling gas?
Pretty crazy that the first railgun they create is a light machine gun. It would be easier by an order of magnitude or two to cool the barrel and rails of a railgun with a lower rate of fire.

Pity though that this world never developed airburst rounds. Why bother shooting through Destroyer armor when you can just go around it?
Old 2012-08-22, 11:54   Link #93
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's more than just bad....the Soviet territory essentially consists of Alaska and the thin strip of the Russian Far East that they're trying to hold.
I wonder how many Soviets there are even left. I can't imagine Alaska being able to support more than a few million people unless you built up the infrastructure and had a constant supply of food from America.
Old 2012-08-22, 11:56   Link #94
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
also, it's like that tiny strip is the only thing keeping the betas in that side of the ocean, once/if that tiny strip of land is taken it will be the turn of the usa to be eaten.

lies, nobody cared about a new fmp anime by kyoani being confirmed one month ago.
???!!! I never even heard of that?!

Got a link to a article you can provide or anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Yeah but wait until Yui runs into "rivals" caught with Yuuya in easily misunderstood situations, I'll bet there will be plenty of shouting then. XD
Old 2012-08-22, 12:19   Link #95
maximilianjenus
[E]

I exagerated, kyoani ahs nto been confirmed http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...et-new-project

and as long as yui does not act like a rie kugimiya character I am ok with some misa hayase style jealousy.
Old 2012-08-22, 14:55   Link #96
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I wonder how many Soviets there are even left. I can't imagine Alaska being able to support more than a few million people unless you built up the infrastructure and had a constant supply of food from America.
Well, we Russians can build a massive amount of buildings when properly motivated.
And I think poor soviet peoples forced to ate synthetic food. It's tastes bad, but it can sustain lives of millions of peoples.
Old 2012-08-22, 15:30   Link #97
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

The funny thing in Muv Luv allternative form the limited info i got the Israelis and Palestinians/Arab where one of the fist to put side their difference well it basically its sink or swim together and they hold the line just 1st gen F4, Tornado's and conventional weaponry ( borrowed for the english of muv luv , They must be real Badass ) ^^
Old 2012-08-23, 00:48   Link #98
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Here's the screenshots for episode 9.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Episode 9 screenshots
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, it seems assholes in ML just can't stand the color purple for some odd reason.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-08-23 at 03:22.
Old 2012-08-23, 04:37   Link #99
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The first screen makes me think this show is really running on a shoestring budget. The kind that would make the Red Army's budget in the early 1990's (post-Soviet collapse) look like one fit for a Michael Bay blockbuster.
Old 2012-08-23, 09:29   Link #100
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Pretty crazy that the first railgun they create is a light machine gun. It would be easier by an order of magnitude or two to cool the barrel and rails of a railgun with a lower rate of fire.

Pity though that this world never developed airburst rounds. Why bother shooting through Destroyer armor when you can just go around it?
A railgun is not a weapon that uses electricity ? this means that you can put more energy than a normal bullet that uses gunpowder. The more energy you put in the bullet the better are the speed, range and penetration – that why the raingun rate of fire is very slow making them more like a sniper rifle than a machine gun
I don’t know what is worse, seeing a burst railgun or seeing the guys killing the aliens face on. It would make far more sense if the railgun was used to snipe the laser class so the others mecha can be safely killing the others from the air like always.
Closed Thread