AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2013-06-01, 14:44   Link #1
jake123

Dual-Audio Anime Help

Hey,

I hate the english dub I'm watching the anime on so I just switch with Haali Media Splitter but I would like to transfer the anime to my ipad for greater portability but its always set to english. I went to options, audio language priority and typed "jpn" like another thread said and then typed "eng" for subs. The subs worked but the language didn't change, could someone please explain why it won't change?

Any answers be appreciated

Last edited by jake123; 2013-06-01 at 19:07.
Old 2013-06-09, 15:27   Link #2
Xeiros

A word of advice. If you hate the English dub of a series, don't deliberately download a dual audio release and then whine about it. You come off as quite foolish. It's pretty damn hard not to find releases that are just Japanese with Subtitles. Those are far more common.
Old 2013-06-12, 16:39   Link #3
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
You also sound pretty foolish, Xerios.
For older anime, the best version will be dual-audio, since it will be from a DVD an not from the 480p TV raws from back then.

As for you, Jake. The settings you use in Haali have no relation to the way you re-encode for your iPad. You have to choose which audio you keep directly in the software you use to trasnfer the anime. Alternatively, you can just remove the English dub from any dual-audio you download. I do this using mkvmerge. It takes about 1 minute per episode, and then you don't have to worry about the English dub anymore. Saves some space on your HDD.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them.
Old 2013-06-14, 02:49   Link #4
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

You can try remuxing it. Just get rid of the english dub and only leave the original audio.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:10   Link #5
larethian

I think Handbrake should do the trick if you are reencoding.
Old 2013-07-02, 20:42   Link #6
Xeiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
You also sound pretty foolish, Xerios.
For older anime, the best version will be dual-audio, since it will be from a DVD an not from the 480p TV raws from back then.
The amount of ignorance in this post astounds me. I almost want to believe this is a joke. Where the hell did you come to the conclusion that a second audio track has anything at all to do with the video quality? Hell the Japanese DVD/BD is pretty much always subbed before let alone if we ever get a release outside of that region.

If one does not want nor care for the English dub on a release, that does not mean they have no choice but to download a DA release in order to get the best video/audio quality. It's as if you think there's no way to rip a DVD/BD no matter what region we're talking about may be and selectively choose what audio/video/subs what have you that you want to work with when you render/encode/mux etc.

It's 2013 buddy. The TC didn't say anything about DVDs and 480p TV raws that are nearly 10 years old. I'm not too sure where the hell all that nonsense came from. He never even mentioned any actual info in regards to the actual release/series that was giving him issues and yet you just make up all that bullshit? I know you're grasping at straws here, but that's quite sad. Of course if the TC had even half a brain in his head he could have googled the answer in seconds instead of waiting weeks for the garbage you tools are spewing.
Old 2013-07-03, 00:10   Link #7
PositronCannon
*Fansubber

^ Whoa, easy there. You're the one who's assuming that the TC's talking about a recent series and insulting people in the process. DmonHiro just mentioned the possibility of that not being the case, and he is right in that the best version of older series is often a dual audio one.

(He also happened to actually answer the question, although I do agree that the TC could have easily googled it, but hell, what's the point of help forums then)