Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-14, 22:54   Link #4061
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, Akuma are formed by Dark Matter, which is the anti-thesis to innocence. As they evolve, they become more and more human-like.

Perhaps stage 5 or 6 would be a weapon-like being that is essentially human, harnessing the powers of Dark Matter in the same way that Exorcists harness innocence.
The problem I see is I'm feeling that the story is biased towards focusing more time about the evolution of the Akuma, and how haxx each level is than also investing time to continue with the crusade for the Heart and the evolution of Innocence.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 23:27   Link #4062
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
The Noahs are original descendants of the Noah of the Arc. I take this to mean that they are blood relatives. Akumas may be able to evolve to the point where they become more powerful than the Noahs (the L4s have shown this), but that blood relationship will never exist. If you argue that Akumas can evolve into Noahs, then you also have to argue that Noahs were once Akumas, which isn't true.

There is a solid chance that it could lead them to be reborn as Naoh, a class is needed past lvl 4 :P

And yes it is possible that they are made from "Noahs" only it takes the Akuma evolutionary process to go from "dinosaur to man", you do not need to have the Noah's de evolve in this process since they(or more percislcy thier genetic matitreal) would be used at the start of the akuma process.

THis is how I see it, the Noah get kiled off and the world is populated with humans that have bits of Noah DNA in them, as people intermix the DNA like a genetic disease ramps up its potency and then the Noah manifest themselfs after 100s or 1000s of years.

The Akuma process can take less time but you will need millions of them to produce one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, Akuma are formed by Dark Matter, which is the anti-thesis to innocence. As they evolve, they become more and more human-like.

Perhaps stage 5 or 6 would be a weapon-like being that is essentially human, harnessing the powers of Dark Matter in the same way that Exorcists harness innocence.
Probably 5 since 4 is so rare, but otherwise sounds good to me.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 08:26   Link #4063
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the evolution of Akuma is linked to the Heart.
Old 2008-09-15, 09:20   Link #4064
Saitou Puppy
~Woofles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
There is a solid chance that it could lead them to be reborn as Naoh, a class is needed past lvl 4 :P

And yes it is possible that they are made from "Noahs" only it takes the Akuma evolutionary process to go from "dinosaur to man", you do not need to have the Noah's de evolve in this process since they(or more percislcy thier genetic matitreal) would be used at the start of the akuma process.

THis is how I see it, the Noah get kiled off and the world is populated with humans that have bits of Noah DNA in them, as people intermix the DNA like a genetic disease ramps up its potency and then the Noah manifest themselfs after 100s or 1000s of years.

The Akuma process can take less time but you will need millions of them to produce one.
I'm not sure I even understand what your process of thinking is. They've stated that all the Noahs are humans born with Noah's blood, and that's what gives them their powers. Akumas are machines. They're metallic little skeleton toys with a captured soul, wearing a disposable human skin. How does DNA and "rebirth" figure into all of this?
Saitou Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 09:24   Link #4065
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Puppy View Post
I'm not sure I even understand what your process of thinking is. They've stated that all the Noahs are humans born with Noah's blood, and that's what gives them their powers. Akumas are machines. They're metallic little skeleton toys with a captured soul, wearing a disposable human skin. How does DNA and "rebirth" figure into all of this?
They are more than what they seemed. If their secrets were known to the Order, then the Earl may end up in defeat.
Old 2008-09-15, 10:28   Link #4066
Saitou Puppy
~Woofles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
They are more than what they seemed. If their secrets were known to the Order, then the Earl may end up in defeat.
If that's the case, I'm going to be severely disappointed :/ After all, why go through the point of rehashing "this is what an akuma is. this is how an akuma is made. see the tortured souls?" if you're just going to upturn everything. It just kinda irks me when a writer creates an alternate universe and establishes how things are... except when they're not. Just for the sake of trying to surprise the protagonist/audience. I mean, the whole Tyki-turning-into-a-Digimon thing was kind of wtf, but at least there were hints in prior episodes (as well as the Earl stating it himself) that there's more to Tyki than meets the eye.
Old 2008-09-15, 17:14   Link #4067
indicatoto101

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Is this speculation or material from the manga?
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 18:20   Link #4068
Saitou Puppy
~Woofles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
Is this speculation or material from the manga?
Personally, I dunno. I'm a manga reader and I haven't seen anything of the sort being hinted.
Old 2008-09-15, 20:05   Link #4069
cjanota

There almost an entire episode devoted to showing Skin's transformation into a noah. He was just a normal human before the noah genes in him awakened.
cjanota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 20:41   Link #4070
ZippyDSM

Quote:

So Krow chan is drinking mech fludis....kinda kills the whole Vampire thing he's got going eh?

They are biological weapons last I checked, and guess what because they are bio weapons they have DNA, they are not machines in the solid state or nano tech archetypes but living weapons of bile and sinew so yes DNA,genetics,ect is going to play a role in their design, got anymore silly questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanota View Post
There almost an entire episode devoted to showing Skin's transformation into a noah. He was just a normal human before the noah genes in him awakened.
Which brings to mind Tikis transformation into full Noah form.

Which could lead to lvl 5-6 Akumas
Lvl 1.Simi Mindless floating weapon that can transform into a human form.
Lvl 2.Individualized predator with mroe skill/power that has a awfully cute design.
Lvl 3.Sadistic armored demon that cannibalizes its own out of boredom.
Lvl 4.Back to an odd design with more power and cruelty than the last 2.

Next level could be Dark matter powered Exorcist or something like Tikis true Noah form, which it probably will be the later and it wont be linked to Noah while I can say its plausible that Noah is the base for Akumas its more than likely they are not but I bet you there will be a lvl 5 Akuma by the end o the series!(if it hits 200 eps :P)

The term machine is a misnomer of sorts they are more than mere machines, they have blood and internal systems that are more biological than machine like, so they are truly a biological weapon in a human sized package, it would be only fitting if the Earl used the Noahs DNA in part in the design and that through the evolutionary process a Noah could be reborn from it, but not matter how plausible it sounds its probably not.
Old 2008-09-15, 21:07   Link #4071
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Has anyone read or found out news for the next opening and ending themes coming up on October?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:33   Link #4072
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Has anyone read or found out news for the next opening and ending themes coming up on October?
Erm, there won't be any. DGM anime is ending on 103, as we knew for quite some time now...
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 00:35   Link #4073
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Erm, there won't be any. DGM anime is ending on 103, as we knew for quite some time now...
Ah so it will end...thats kinda a good thing... 10-20 ep filler archs that degrade the show are bad....
Old 2008-09-16, 01:17   Link #4074
Saitou Puppy
~Woofles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post

So Krow chan is drinking mech fludis....kinda kills the whole Vampire thing he's got going eh?

They are biological weapons last I checked, and guess what because they are bio weapons they have DNA, they are not machines in the solid state or nano tech archetypes but living weapons of bile and sinew so yes DNA,genetics,ect is going to play a role in their design, got anymore silly questions?
"Silly questions"? Is there really such a need to be so condescending? I like hearing about theories and wanted you to clarify your theory because, not coming from a background with much sci-fi knowledge, I didn't understand the point you were trying to put forward. If you'd rather look down your nose at me, act like some snooty know-it-all, and make patronizing comments instead of having a discussion, then I would prefer you not answer my question at all, thank you.

Last edited by Saitou Puppy; 2008-09-16 at 01:46.
Old 2008-09-16, 03:08   Link #4075
skyline^

As much as i like lvl4 i dont like the fact that Allen probably will get a next power up soon. I said before that 97-99 were very bad partly because of the fact that allen was flying in that room just touching lvl3 and boom there are dead. We saw how much Lenalee was struggling vs lvl3. I know he has this hax sword but still i expected something more... I just hope they wont make a similar situation with lvl4.
skyline^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 03:32   Link #4076
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline^ View Post
I said before that 97-99 were very bad partly because of the fact that allen was flying in that room just touching lvl3 and boom there are dead.
So? Remember the Level 3 that attacked the Asia branch? He beat that one almost as easily, too. He's been that strong ever since he recovered his Innocence.
Old 2008-09-16, 04:39   Link #4077
skyline^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
So? Remember the Level 3 that attacked the Asia branch? He beat that one almost as easily, too. He's been that strong ever since he recovered his Innocence.
then tell me what the point of sending ~100 lvl3 if he can beat it in a second? why not send 1000 lvl2? or 10000 lvl1? The efect still would be the same... As i said, i expected something more from lvl3. Even bookman destroyed many lvl3. The same bookman who couldn't do anything few ep earlier. The whole battle was done so badly.

Ep 99 made me even dislike Allen even more. In next ep we will see Allen crying and saying: awww i couldnt do anything. aawww im so weak. I cant protect anybody. I need to be stronger...
And suddenly he gains new power up and destroys lvl4 like lvl1.
my fav char. list at begining was like: 1.lenalee 2.allen 3.lavi 4.krory.
And now allen would be definitely the least fav. char. all due this kind of stupid fights.
skyline^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 05:02   Link #4078
andrewsch5658
*Author

Just watch episode 100. WOW!!! What an episode.

Spoiler for 100:

The anime actually changed some scene which made some scene air earlier than in the manga. For e.g, Bookman comment on the level 4 is earlier than in the manga. Marie also notice the aura of level 4 earlier in the anime. I think the fight scene between Allen and the level 4 was quite awesome, basically because the manga need to rush quicker so the fight scene end up quite fast. The anime also added Allen’s feeling(fear,powerless and hopeless) on the level 4 during the fight. Also, I agree with many of you who stated that the level 4 was eerie and creepy-especially with the voice added.

Btw, this level 4 is quite white too IMO. Also, do anyone of you think that the level 4 looks like an angel/a fairy due to its wing at the back and the round thing on its head?
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 07:19   Link #4079
ZippyDSM

Quote:
"Silly questions"? Is there really such a need to be so condescending? I like hearing about theories and wanted you to clarify your theory because, not coming from a background with much sci-fi knowledge, I didn't understand the point you were trying to put forward. If you'd rather look down your nose at me, act like some snooty know-it-all, and make patronizing comments instead of having a discussion, then I would prefer you not answer my question at all, thank you.
Thems the break on this wacky net you get what you receive, now if you will excuse me its time for my to receive a verbal beating for my silly trains of thought on he net. :P
Old 2008-09-16, 07:54   Link #4080
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 101
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk