AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 59 59.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.01%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-03, 23:09   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 26 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 26.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-10-04, 03:29   Link #2
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

absolutely amazing. The ending was especially powerful IMO. To think that this show is still only half way through....

Can't wait till next week ^_^
Old 2009-10-04, 04:29   Link #3
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageormike View Post
absolutely amazing. The ending was especially powerful IMO. To think that this show is still only half way through....

Can't wait till next week ^_^
I'll echo those same sentiments. I thought it was a decent episode at first, but that incredibly emotional ending made it a great one.
Looking forward to where the story goes and the new OP and ED.
Old 2009-10-04, 05:24   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quite surprised they ended the episode there, though it does work as good cliffhanger material.

As expected this episode was pretty heavy, and i'm glad it was handled well. The music choice wasn't that bad either.

Also i've gotta give a thumbs up to that lol preview.
Old 2009-10-04, 08:08   Link #5
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Excellent, magnificient episode.
The pinpoint liberty the director takes to improve the feel and flow was especially noticeable this episode.
Old 2009-10-04, 09:03   Link #6
Kirarakim

Lately I have not been watching the Raws but since this covered my favorite chapter I decided to make an exception. And I was very pleased, the ending was especially perfect and really touching (Paku Romi did such a great job). I also for once loved the music in this entire episode. I look forward to seeing the ending of the chapter next week.

But why do I see all these non-manga scenes in the preview for next week. Although I recognized:

Spoiler for Character:

I just hope most of next episode is still manga material. I did notice a couple scenes from chapter 54.
Old 2009-10-04, 10:16   Link #7
Ziziphus
Whatever

Totally loved this week's episode! Best episode since 19 for me!

This episode has the scene that I've been looking forward to for the last whole week, and they didn't disappoint me in any way, which I'm so grateful for. The ending was done magnificently. The last scene was changed a little bit,
Spoiler for ep 26:

Also, there're some new soundtracks in this ep which were very nice and properly placed too. I especially loved the music played at the begining when Ed was facing all the heads, it was so good! And next episode,
Spoiler for ep 26 preview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But why do I see all these non-manga scenes in the preview for next week.
I think the continuation of this ep or the ending of the chapter will be in ep 28, and ep 27 will be a stand-alone episode, I'm not sure whether it's a filler or not, but I'm begining to have faith in Bones again, after all those recently good episodes.

Btw, as much as I love to see the new OP and ED, I'm glad they didn't change them this week. It'd be more appropriate to save them for after the first climax (which is meeting Father) is done, imo.
Old 2009-10-04, 10:55   Link #8
Vicious108

Since the next episode is supposely Hohenheim based, hopefully they'll show his scene from chapter 46 which they skipped over before.

And seeing the Volume 14 Gaiden with him animated would also be pretty cool.
Old 2009-10-04, 11:04   Link #9
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
I think the continuation of this ep or the ending of the chapter will be in ep 28, and ep 27 will be a stand-alone episode, I'm not sure whether it's a filler or not, but I'm begining to have faith in Bones again, after all those recently good episodes.
Well I don't think that's true because if you pay attention to the preview there are still a few scenes from the manga in the preview. Just most of the preview was anime only material. But that could only take up a part of the episode.
Old 2009-10-04, 11:28   Link #10
Ziziphus
Whatever

If only we knew of this month summaries of upcoming episodes...
Old 2009-10-04, 11:53   Link #11
Haladflire65
*Artist

Nice episode! Wonder how next week's will go, with those scenes I can't recall from the manga. I'm sure BONES won't do so bad - the episodes have been really good since 19.

I really want to see the new OP and ED....
Old 2009-10-04, 11:57   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If only we knew of this month summaries of upcoming episodes...
There's one up on the official site for episode 27, though we just need it translating.
Old 2009-10-04, 13:12   Link #13
Vicious108

That final scene was absolutely amazing. Even though I already knew what was gonna happen, I still felt an incredible rush of emotion. I wanted a new OP and ED this episode, but now I'm so freaking glad they didn't change it, because Let It All Out once again made for a perfect transition that made the moment even better.

And oh, I knew what was gonna happen but the anime still managed to surprise me. When the doors closed without Ed saying his lines I was pissed and thought they'd ruined the scene, but then out of nowhere he freaking punches the door open and screams his heart out. Once again, amazing.

Bradley's flashback was also done extremely well. Very creepy.

Only thing I didn't like was how they changed and shortened Ed and Ling vs Envy, but oh well the rest of the episode more than made up for it.
Old 2009-10-04, 13:17   Link #14
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And oh, I knew what was gonna happen but the anime still managed to surprise me. When the doors closed without Ed saying his lines I was pissed and thought they'd ruined the scene, but then out of nowhere he freaking punches the door open and screams his heart out. Once again, amazing.
Yeah normally I am not happy when they make changes to the manga but in this case I actually think they even improved the manga making the scene more powerful. It was great and I like to give the anime team credit when they deserve it.
Old 2009-10-04, 14:31   Link #15
Ziziphus
Whatever

I just reread this part of the story in the manga and now I can say that this episode for once surpassed the manga in many ways.

First, it's the scene at the beginning. Last week, many ppl said that manga Envy was more creepier than he was in the episode. Imho it's an opposite this time around. Actually hearing all those voices from all the heads made me feel much sicker, especially the child's voice calling "oni-san", the music played at that part only made it better.

Then the Bradley's flashback. Really creepier than in the manga.

And there is the transmutation scene, and of course the last scene. All were directed and animated very well, and all the changes were for the better. I prefer how they did Ling's line (that he's not going to do that thing for Ed, he must do it himself) in this ep. Had they stayed true to the manga and used that humorous Ling's expression there, it would have ruined the mood. The change in the final scene (Ed punching the door open), I'm still not sure about it but it made a more powerful ending that's for sure! They also did Ed's final expression perfectly, and I SO am in love with that expression!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's one up on the official site for episode 27, though we just need it translating.
Yeah, I saw that, but that's not enough to know how much manga material the next ep is going to cover. Knowing the summaries for a few more upcoming eps may help.
Old 2009-10-04, 15:57   Link #16
WhateverHime

Amazing episode. As an anime-only watcher, I didn't know what to expect, but this episode blew my mind. It was extremely intense and extremely full, like every scene was important. No dead times. I think this is for sure one of the best, if not the very best, episode from FMA so far, first series included.

The "reunion" was done brilliantly and in no way did I see it coming.

Just one question though. Isn't Al's body supposed to be totally soul-less? I was expecting to see some animal-like being, similar to Barry the Chopper. Or am I missing something? For some raeson, the episode when Ed digged out the thing they tranmuted and made some revelations was a bit unclear to me.

Last edited by WhateverHime; 2009-10-04 at 16:05. Reason: typo :))
Old 2009-10-04, 16:09   Link #17
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Wow, great episode.... This FMA is the greatness that the last FMA never was The last scene was amazing. But why next episode there's flashback? I want to know what will happen to Al! :/
Old 2009-10-04, 16:34   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that, but that's not enough to know how much manga material the next ep is going to cover. Knowing the summaries for a few more upcoming eps may help.
I just read a translated version, and looks like it'll mostly be anime original. Makes sense if we see the new OP and ED at episode 28.
Old 2009-10-04, 16:34   Link #19
Yuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I just read a translated version, and looks like it'll mostly be anime original. Makes sense if we see the new OP and ED at episode 28.
What did it say exactly?
Old 2009-10-04, 16:36   Link #20
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuu View Post
What did it say exactly?
I'll go post it in the speculation thread.