AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2006-04-01, 06:01   Link #1
shaduwliss_boi

need help with playback file..

i download Pia Carrot 2 DX 1-6 in bitcomet, and all the file should playing fine, but episode 3 is messed up because i couldn't play the file, because they said that Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported. but it a avi. file..they should be playing
is that a file corrupted. or i missing some kind of codec..cause i know that i have the latest codec installed in my computer...i still have lots of file still have the same problems like this..email to me if you guys know the problems..
shaduwliss_boi@yahoo.com
Old 2006-04-01, 06:36   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

We need more info before we can help. Telling us "i have the latest codec" means nothing unless we know exactly what codecs you have installed and what media player you are using.

Chances are it's just a codec problem. Install ffdshow and use Media Player Classic as a starting point. Report back here if you are still having problems after this.

Please read the following for more details
[READ ME FIRST] AnimeSuki Playback Help Guide
Old 2006-04-02, 04:08   Link #3
shaduwliss_boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
We need more info before we can help. Telling us "i have the latest codec" means nothing unless we know exactly what codecs you have installed and what media player you are using.

Chances are it's just a codec problem. Install ffdshow and use Media Player Classic as a starting point. Report back here if you are still having problems after this.

Please read the following for more details
[READ ME FIRST] AnimeSuki Playback Help Guide
i have installed ffdshow codec into my computer, but the problem still happen..what do you mean by Media Player Classic..where can i find that..?
Old 2006-04-02, 04:50   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaduwliss_boi
i have installed ffdshow codec into my computer, but the problem still happen..what do you mean by Media Player Classic..where can i find that..?
Media Player Classic (MPC) is a media player to watch the fansub on For some reason a lot of people initialy mix it up with Windows Media Player (WMP) but they are different.

If you read the above sticky, and follow the link to AnimeSuki Playback Help page, you will see links to MPC at the bottom of the page.

One point of note, it's usually good advice to say that you should uninstall all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all. They only clash and interfere with each other.

BTW, if you are having problems then supplying more detail would help. Such as what happens when you try and play ep 3 of Pia Carrot 2 DX. What is the error message.

P.S. you say "i have installed ffdshow codec". Do you mean that you already had this codec installed and so don't see the need to install it again. Again, you don't bother to tell us the version of ffdshow you have installed. We are not mind-readers so if you want help then please supply information, don't make us waste our time by trying to guess what you mean. If you have ffdshow installed, then uninstall it and install the latest recommended version.
Old 2006-04-02, 05:07   Link #5
shaduwliss_boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Media Player Classic (MPC) is a media player to watch the fansub on For some reason a lot of people initialy mix it up with Windows Media Player (WMP) but they are different.

If you read the above sticky, and follow the link to AnimeSuki Playback Help page, you will see links to MPC at the bottom of the page.

One point of note, it's usually good advice to say that you should uninstall all previously installed codecs you have, and I mean all. They only clash and interfere with each other.

BTW, if you are having problems then supplying more detail would help. Such as what happens when you try and play ep 3 of Pia Carrot 2 DX. What is the error message.

P.S. you say "i have installed ffdshow codec". Do you mean that you already had this codec installed and so don't see the need to install it again. Again, you don't bother to tell us the version of ffdshow you have installed. We are not mind-readers so if you want help then please supply information, don't make us waste our time by trying to guess what you mean. If you have ffdshow installed, then uninstall it and install the latest recommended version.

i have uninstalled all the codecs and reinstalled the latest ffdshow codecs, and i play the Pia Carrot 2 DX epi 3 with Media Player Classic, but the only message they showed was cannot render the file, i think it is the problem with the file, not the play or codecs. because when people converting file to avi. files, they might messed up somewhere, because i tried to use Nero 7 to burn Pia carrot 2 DX epi 3 from avi to dvd movie, the Nero couldn't even read the file,
Old 2006-04-02, 05:39   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

In which case it might well be that you haven't completed the download.

I've never used BitComet so I can't help (if I remember BitComet isn't liked because it "cheats" when downloading). Are you sure the download is complete? From what you say it sounds like it hasn't.
Old 2006-04-02, 17:55   Link #7
shaduwliss_boi

well im sure it complete because it show it was 100% done, but i think the problem might be because whole 6 epis of Pia Carrot 2 DX were combined in a large file, but bitcomet allow me to download partial like each episode. i think because i download single episode that why the file might be corrupted.
Old 2006-05-08, 11:27   Link #8
cunhon9

hai xcuse me.. bout the Bit comet.. wjen i run it the error message just appear suddenly.. can u tell me what happened..

i also has installed the MPC but i still can't play the anime.. got the sound but no picture..

need ur help pliz...
Old 2006-05-08, 12:18   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunhon9
hai xcuse me.. bout the Bit comet.. wjen i run it the error message just appear suddenly.. can u tell me what happened..

i also has installed the MPC but i still can't play the anime.. got the sound but no picture..

need ur help pliz...
I would suggest you post in the thread you first created, it has now been moved into the Playback Help forum as well.

If you have sound but no picture, then it's a simple codec problem. Please supply the details as requested (but post the information in your own thread here).