AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 23:50   Link #761
Gattberserk

Actually the pirate ship got infested by the sea god....
Gattberserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:43   Link #762
ellifeedn
Thinker

If anyone here has read works by Lovecraft, you will understand what I mean when I say that I now have visual representation of what Innsmouth folk would have looked like.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 00:35   Link #763
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattberserk View Post
Actually the pirate ship got infested by the sea god....
the sea god may be just another disciple of the hand of god, not a real god

and the new mermaid girl seems eager to join Isidro and Schierke, new member expected?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:11   Link #764
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 314:
Old 2010-07-12, 22:08   Link #765
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for ch314:
Old 2010-07-12, 22:14   Link #766
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

wow is miura releasing multiple chapters this month? that's a great news.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 10:11   Link #767
Soviet

I need help. Stopped reading this some years ago because I got fed up with the slow chapter releases. Guts and his stupid party were fighting in some city by the sea...I think. Not very specific I know, but a chapter approximation would be nice.

I should have accumulated a lot of unread chapters. I mean, Miura eventually quit Idolmaster, didn't he ?!
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 11:50   Link #768
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
wow is miura releasing multiple chapters this month? that's a great news.
There's another chapter in two weeks. We can pray that he's back on a regular bimonthly schedule but the past track record doesn't inspire confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I need help. Stopped reading this some years ago because I got fed up with the slow chapter releases. Guts and his stupid party were fighting in some city by the sea...I think. Not very specific I know, but a chapter approximation would be nice.
They got to the city (Vritannis) in chapter 244 (properly episode 244 but I don't care much for Miura's naming scheme), although serious fighting did not start until chapter 265.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I should have accumulated a lot of unread chapters. I mean, Miura eventually quit Idolmaster, didn't he ?!
Not sure what you're talking about. Miura never worked on any of the Idolmaster titles as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for ch314:
We have not seen Guts in Berserker mode after the dream he had on the ship, where he and the beast came to a temporary truce of sorts. Right now all bets are off as to what kind of effect Miura wants this to have on Guts during combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the sea god may be just another disciple of the hand of god, not a real god
It doesn't have the usual apostle feeling, I'm thinking it's more likely to be one of the gods Shierke usually prays to, but corrupted, possibly due to the recent stunt Griffith pulled.

Quote:
and the new mermaid girl seems eager to join Isidro and Schierke, new member expected?
Didn't she say her mother promised to come back for her or something? I doubt she'll end up in Guts' party, although that might be interesting too. In any case, the way things are going, I doubt any living soul will remain on the island, so leaving her behind alone would be kind of lonely.

Last edited by lightbringer; 2010-07-14 at 12:09.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 12:38   Link #769
Gattberserk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
It doesn't have the usual apostle feeling, I'm thinking it's more likely to be one of the gods Shierke usually prays to, but corrupted, possibly due to the recent stunt Griffith pulled.

The sea god has all along been corrupted since we know the Merrow actually rallies themselves out to rage a war with him... Its probably a very powerful astral creature that is another whole level higher than Kundalini which Daibai summoned back Vritannis

Here is probably an simple illustration of aquatic astral creatures presented so far in Berserk

Sea God > Kundalini > Kelpie

Anyway there is actually a way to massacre all these tentacles without using the cannon from Sea Horse, I believe the flame wheel god might do just as great... lol!
Gattberserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 13:21   Link #770
lightbringer
M9000

Good point, what probably happened is that it did not have power to affect the world as vividly as it does now (due to Griffith's merging of the layers), or it would have turned everyone into tentacles long ago.
Old 2010-07-14, 13:29   Link #771
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Not sure what you're talking about. Miura never worked on any of the Idolmaster titles as far as I know.
Miura is known to be a fan of Idolm@ster. He talked about it a few times in the comment section of Young animal, which lead fans to think there is so much breaks because he spends too much time playing (and watching vids on Nico too). In fact, my first thought when Idolm@ster 2 was announced was "Oh boy, Berserk will go into a long hiatus again".

Old 2010-07-14, 14:37   Link #772
lightbringer
M9000

Oh my. And here I was thinking that drawing all those detailed soldiers for the Vritannis battles was the reason. Well, now I know what they meant when they said he has "poor health" a couple of years back.
Old 2010-07-14, 15:34   Link #773
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

lmao miura... you... and here I was thinking something bad happened to him health-wise... *sigh* oh well at least it's good to know that we're getting more chapter for the next few weeks or so and I hope he keeps this pace going for the rest of the series.

btw, is there anyone here knows when volume 34 going to be released in the US?
Old 2010-07-14, 15:47   Link #774
Soviet

Quote:
They got to the city (Vritannis) in chapter 244 (properly episode 244 but I don't care much for Miura's naming scheme), although serious fighting did not start until chapter 265.
Yes thank you, that's it. Although I am confused about... everything. I should probably re-read the entire manga. Yay, reading through the Eclipse again!
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 21:36   Link #775
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
I hope he keeps this pace going for the rest of the series.
You're asking for too much. It would be a miracle if there are regular releases throughout the Elf Island Chapter, nevermind the whole series.

Quote:
btw, is there anyone here knows when volume 34 going to be released in the US?
August 25th, according to the publisher. You can always check on darkhorse.com. Although Amazon is listing it as September 7th for some reason. Maybe they're expecting delays, or it's a wild guess of theirs?
Old 2010-07-14, 22:02   Link #776
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
You're asking for too much. It would be a miracle if there are regular releases throughout the Elf Island Chapter, nevermind the whole series.

August 25th, according to the publisher. You can always check on darkhorse.com. Although Amazon is listing it as September 7th for some reason. Maybe they're expecting delays, or it's a wild guess of theirs?
yea I think it's too much, but, I did not mean to push my luck that far... maybe I should have done a wishful thinking instead.

anyways, volume 34 is coming next month, huh? I can wait that long.
Old 2010-07-19, 06:46   Link #777
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Miura is known to be a fan of Idolm@ster. He talked about it a few times in the comment section of Young animal, which lead fans to think there is so much breaks because he spends too much time playing (and watching vids on Nico too). In fact, my first thought when Idolm@ster 2 was announced was "Oh boy, Berserk will go into a long hiatus again".

since 314 is released right after 313, so i guess Miura-sensei's game console is broken and forced to work
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 21:33   Link #778
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
since 314 is released right after 313, so i guess Miura-sensei's game console is broken and forced to work
His editor probably set up a group date for him in exchange for six months of solid work.
Old 2010-07-19, 21:37   Link #779
james0246

How come there isn't a little (L) next to the title of this thread?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 23:32   Link #780
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
How come there isn't a little (L) next to the title of this thread?
Because the thread is old as dirt. If a mod notices they should fix it, probably.

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen