AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-01-09, 10:39   Link #4721
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
How is it a retcon to reveal that Aizen doesn't have a Bankai? The only people who might be able to claim to have seen it were either all under the power of his Shikai, or are Aizen. Neither "group" is exactly a reliable witness... ^_^
i meant that the retcon would be if aizen didn't use his bankai because he hated it. he never showed any evidence of disliking kyoka suigetsu
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 12:19   Link #4722
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
except he does explain his power to everyone he encounters after he revealed he had lied ... his stupidity was saved by the hygokyou so... yeah
I think he's the only character that can actually get away with explaining his power just because of its nature. You don't know if you were already exposed to it w/out your knowledge and the only person that knew how to break the spell is dead.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 21:04   Link #4723
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I think he's the only character that can actually get away with explaining his power just because of its nature. You don't know if you were already exposed to it w/out your knowledge and the only person that knew how to break the spell is dead.
Actually, the only solid thing Aizen has said about his ability is the one thing that will tell you if you've been exposed. If he displays his Shikai to you (witness the flashback to his first encounter with Barragan), you've been exposed. Period (as far as anyone living is concerned). After that point, you can no longer trust what you sense where Aizen is concerned. Then the only problem is determining whether Aizen "is concerned".
Old 2014-01-09, 21:11   Link #4724
sayde

Aizen explained his powers because
1.) He's very arrogant and didn't think his ability could be dispelled without knowing the secret. And even then, it's not exactly an easy secret to take advantage of
2.) He no longer needed to keep his true intentions a secret

As for not having a bankai, well...Kubo would have some explaining to do. Because according to the information we were given way back during the SS arc, you supposedly need to have learned Bankai in order to release to shikai without saying the release command...which is a supposed fact about zanpakuto lore that Aizen has taken advantage of time and time again. We've even seen him perform the hypnosis ceremony on an unaffected victim and sure enough, he released to shikai right in front of him without saying the command.

So unless his zanpakuto is the only exception to the rule (similar to how Komamura's zanpakuto was the sole exception to the broken bankai rule), then I just don't see it.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 17:35   Link #4725
Kumagawa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNhsXnxl04w#t=113

Poor Bleach, they're right but still poor Bleach.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 21:43   Link #4726
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i meant that the retcon would be if aizen didn't use his bankai because he hated it. he never showed any evidence of disliking kyoka suigetsu
What if Aizen says "The truth is my Bankai has always been activated. Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai is... Aizen Sosuke! That's true I'm just the embodiement of the Soul King's zanpakuto" *brain explodes*
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 11:59   Link #4727
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
What if Aizen says "The truth is my Bankai has always been activated. Kyoka Suigetsu's Bankai is... Aizen Sosuke! That's true I'm just the embodiement of the Soul King's zanpakuto" *brain explodes*
haha! i wouldn't put it past aizen for something like that to happen. it's basically a ripoff of muramasa from that zanpakutou filler arc though
Old 2014-01-12, 15:01   Link #4728
Eragon
Still Alive

I think we should all be the writers for Bleach from now on. Its clearly the only way to salvage this
Old 2014-01-12, 15:17   Link #4729
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I think we should all be the writers for Bleach from now on. Its clearly the only way to salvage this
yea it's easy. next chapter have every crappy character die like the fullbringers, omaeda, etc... then just boobs and bankais until the hanatarou/soul king reveal and top it off with aizen and ichigo combining into ichizen to beat ywach
Old 2014-01-12, 15:54   Link #4730
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Yet another reason why I think that Aizen may not have a Bankai. (Whump! Yep, horse is still dead...) All that extra gained power, and Aizen doesn't even use any of his Shinigami powers (other than that one Kido), much less his invincible trump card of a Shikai. It's like he didn't want to use his Shinigami abilities once he'd gained new ones. Like he resented them for some reason...
Hmmm never thought about it like that.

Resentment. Or perhaps he is the last heir of the Sousuke clan? The 5th noble family that was killed a 1000 years ago? So he sees himself as....

Raz Al Ghul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Or...

DUH DUH DUH!!!

Quote:
haha! i wouldn't put it past aizen for something like that to happen. it's basically a ripoff of muramasa from that zanpakutou filler arc though
Darn you ninjad me there. But yeah.

But personally I want to see one or more of these showdowns to happen:

Ywach vs Shunsui & Joshiro

Shunsui vs Joshiro

Aizen vs Urahara

Mayuri vs Urarahara

Urahara & Hoyori vs Hikifune

Joshiro vs Haschwalth

Ichigo vs Uryuu

Isshin vs Ryukken

The RG vs the 5 Sceret War potentials (Ichigo, Aizen, Kenpachi, 4th, 5th)...

5 rg members 5 SWs? A foreshadowing perhaps?
Old 2014-01-12, 17:08   Link #4731
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
yea it's easy. next chapter have every crappy character die like the fullbringers, omaeda, etc... then just boobs and bankais until the hanatarou/soul king reveal and top it off with aizen and ichigo combining into ichizen to beat ywach
And then Aizen and Ichigo get married and live happily-ever-after. Best ending ever !!

On another topic, any guesses when Shunsui's Bankai will be shown ?
Old 2014-01-12, 17:50   Link #4732
Langus
Optimus Prime

^ No clue. But I'm hoping the takes the form of a gorgeous, curvaceous woman who kicks ass first and takes names later.
Old 2014-01-12, 18:52   Link #4733
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
^ No clue. But I'm hoping the takes the form of a gorgeous, curvaceous woman who kicks ass first and takes names later.
lol he couldn't use it around the other shinigami because they would all get nose bleeds... actually that might be the reason
Old 2014-01-12, 22:19   Link #4734
Langus
Optimus Prime

Why else do you think he's surrounded himself with women his entire career? It's so he can build up a resistance!
Old 2014-01-12, 22:49   Link #4735
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
...Urarahara...
What is this? Shinigamonogatari?

...Let the mashups commence!
Old 2014-01-13, 13:00   Link #4736
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
What is this? Shinigamonogatari?

...Let the mashups commence!
haha alright then let's do it!

~Yoruichiichi
~Omaedada

Your turn.
Old 2014-01-13, 19:22   Link #4737
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
almost no one dies permanently in this series, it feels like "Sherlock", complete with Moffats shitty 50% fanservice writing of shoestring storylines riddled with plot holes and shoddily executed twists.
You can just stop right there on that. Not that what you're mentioning is even remotely a spoiler for episodes that haven't legally aired in the US as of yet (the fact that there even is a Series 3 makes it not a spoiler, not to mention the last scene of Series 2), but let's just stop that discussion before someone does get too loose in the lips regarding something that isn't grotesquely obvious.

Besides, Bleach is at least better than Marvel or DC, who are constantly bringing back characters that actually were dead, rather than making characters ludicrously unkillable.
Old 2014-01-13, 21:11   Link #4738
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
You can just stop right there on that. Not that what you're mentioning is even remotely a spoiler for episodes that haven't legally aired in the US as of yet (the fact that there even is a Series 3 makes it not a spoiler, not to mention the last scene of Series 2), but let's just stop that discussion before someone does get too loose in the lips regarding something that isn't grotesquely obvious.

Besides, Bleach is at least better than Marvel or DC, who are constantly bringing back characters that actually were dead, rather than making characters ludicrously unkillable.

*coughsByakuya*
Old 2014-01-13, 21:13   Link #4739
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
almost no one dies permanently in this series, it feels like "Sherlock", complete with Moffats shitty 50% fanservice writing of shoestring storylines riddled with plot holes and shoddily executed twists.
Actually, this is the first arc where people have actually died and there's a few characters that I seriously don't think will make it until the end. So, I don't think we can say Bleach brings back the dead anymore.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-13, 21:38   Link #4740
SeanQ

idk the enemy seems to be immortal undead undeads now

Tags
bleach, chapter