AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-30, 19:24   Link #1
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Hellgate London: Awesome... Awesome to the max!

I played the demo and was severely dissapointed. What a bunch of poopy poo poo. But somehow I got into the beta and was shocked. the game was fantastic online.

I really cant say much. It has that diablo addictiveness. It really has alot of the stuff that game had. It also has some guild wars design elements in there. its a really fun action RPG. the action is very tight.

I really recommend this game. Just dont base anything on the crappy demo.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 02:45   Link #2
I-Love-Konata
Ero Hakase

Today the server is up,and I am in the hole of despair.....
I need to find a good gaming shop around my area (Malaysia is a very primitive country) and get myself the Collectors Edition ASAP....

Anybody pre-ordered the game?
I-Love-Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 02:59   Link #3
problemedchild
ô_ô

I was in the beta..... it was very disappointing :<
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 03:21   Link #4
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
I was in the beta..... it was very disappointing :<
:x

what did you expect since you thought it was "dissapointing"???
Old 2007-10-31, 09:16   Link #5
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
If it's a game that requires online payment for the maximum experience, I think I'll hold off until I see a number of reviews, though I admit that I have been looking forward to this since the (I think) 2006 E3 coverage. Sadly, this means I won't be getting the collector's edition. I saw the ad for that in Gamestop and my word does it look pretty; they have quite the selection of bonuses in there. However, I think the manager said it was around 80 bucks or so. Ouch.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 11:43   Link #6
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
I played the demo and was severely dissapointed. What a bunch of poopy poo poo. But somehow I got into the beta and was shocked. the game was fantastic online.

I really cant say much. It has that diablo addictiveness. It really has alot of the stuff that game had. It also has some guild wars design elements in there. its a really fun action RPG. the action is very tight.

I really recommend this game. Just dont base anything on the crappy demo.
You need to try The Witcher
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 18:39   Link #7
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
:x

what did you expect since you thought it was "dissapointing"???
The bugs that made it into beta from alpha, the skill balancing issues(level 17 with only 5 skill points used), and the memory leak error that a lot of people got. Granted, it is beta, but some of these issues will make it into retail.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 17:11   Link #8
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

I only got to lvl 12 with my guardian, but I thought it was fun.

sure it was the same very simple basic gameplay that D2 also had, but you know what... thats okay.

As for the bugs, I expect them to get fixed eventually. just like other online rpgs/mmos!
Old 2007-11-01, 17:39   Link #9
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I'm curious, how many of you actually read the EULA before the installation of the game ?

Quote:
16. Massive Technology. The Software incorporates technology of Massive Incorporated ("Massive") that enables in-game advertising, and the display of other similar in-game objects, which are uploaded temporarily to your personal computer or game console and replaced during online game play. As part of this process, Massive may collect your Internet protocol address and other basic anonymous information, and will use this information for the general purposes of transmitting and measuring in-game advertising. Massive does not store or use any of this information for the purpose of discovering your personal identity. For additional details regarding Massive’s in-game advertising practices, and to understand your options with respect to in-game advertising and data collection, please see Massive's privacy policy at http://www.massiveincorporated.com/s...rk/privacy.htm. The trademarks and copyrighted material contained in all in-game advertising are the property of the respective owners. Portions of this product are © 2007 Massive Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Ironic that in a game where you hunt down demons, you are actually kind of selling out your soul in real life here.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 18:10   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We've been dinkering with the intro and classes.... the multiplay kind of reminds me of an upgraded Neocron 2 (but now with solo play).
I kind of wonder how the sci-fi MMO Tabula Rasa will compare in multiplay...

We're wondering it'll handle multiplay properly through a NAT (even today, STILL some dickwads can't do network programming taking that into account ) and it sucks that we can't do LAN play without working through their "mother-battle-net-clone" .... which makes me wonder if my Internet pipe will handle 4 or 5 players (nightmares of EQ-Luclin which hwarfed at more than two players because of the immense hog of bandwidth per player).

I doubt most of the fraggers who bought this have any idea what the EULA says or what it implies in terms of privacy (since by definition, a static IP is not "basic anonymous information". It also implies that a certain percentage of your bandwidth will be specifically wasted for in-game adverts.
Old 2007-11-02, 17:21   Link #11
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

I'm experiencing way too many bugs and crashes to enjoy HG:L. I'm playing this with a friend, and this is how our experience went last night:

Takes forever to load up character and then load up the zone. Finally get into the dungeon, 2 minutes in, my friend crashes. He logs back in, then crashes immediately. Finally we get to kill stuff, and then I get a 'Network Error- Server Error.' Memory leaks, bugs that crash your game--it was pretty awful. We have good computers so the problem's not on our side. At least I was playing with a friend, so when one of us crashed, we could portal back to our location with the help of the other. I can't imagine trying to play this on your own.

And this isn't even mentioning all the bugs. There's a quest bug going around that makes it impossible to abandon or hand in a quest. The Quest NPC just won't talk to you. If the quest is a main storyline quest, then you're just screwed. Have fun deleting your character and starting over?

Plus, the chatting system is abysmal, you can't select part of a stack of items (if you have 10 pots and want to give 1 pot to a friend..impossible, you have to give 0 or 10), there's a bug that if someone does /stuck EVERYONE gets magicked away from their locations...the game is pretty much still in beta

Last edited by Drakarst; 2007-11-02 at 23:16.
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 17:57   Link #12
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakarst View Post
I'm experiencing way too many bugs and crashes to enjoy HG:L.
Unfortunately I have come to expect this from pretty much everything published by EA, it happens all too frequently. Seeing "Small patch on the way" on the game's website just a couple days after its release is really disappointing.

That said, I've only been fooling around with the single player but I have had a lot of fun and not experienced any bugs yet (though I guess this isn't surprising since a lot of them seem to be related to the multiplayer). I can play games with hack and slash fighting systems for hours on end and not get bored. Planning on setting up a multiplayer group with some friends from WoW sometime this or next week.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 22:24   Link #13
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
You need to try The Witcher
The best reply I can give to this thread above...I tried Hellgate. I would rank it under dissapointments of the year. Its buggy, the class struture just isn't that good(Skill sets suck), gameplay is a bit iffy, etc.