AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-12-11, 14:59   Link #41
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

They're more original than the SEED designs, but I actually like the SEED designs better. Don't really like the way EVERY female short of Soma has to have a huge rack, and on top of it the bodies are exaggerated. The faces are kinda "meh" as well. Colors and shading are nice though.

Shunya Yamashita's versions of the main characters actually look better, IMO.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 15:28   Link #42
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
meh... designs being more malleable so that the animators can work with them more easily is much better applied to non-anime animation... i mean, the downside of anime is that they cut many corners on the animation and as such there isn't much advantaged gained from from having a simple design; not to mention that most of the real action in the series is done by the mobile suits and not the characters themselves... really if they are gonna cut back on the animation then they should push the design farther to help make up for it, in addition to what else they do... really, other anime series have gone with more complexed designs and maintain the same quality of character animation as 00
Good point but when you say, non anime animation, do you mean anime that is not animated in the sterotypical "limited animation" style or animation that's not japanese.

When I think of simple (yet appealing) yet malliable designs, I immediately think of either Eureka Seven or Samurai Champloo.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 21:03   Link #43
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Good point but when you say, non anime animation, do you mean anime that is not animated in the sterotypical "limited animation" style or animation that's not japanese.
"limited animation" style... probably what i should have said in the first place since that would exclude any japanese animation that may do well with animation and include any western animation that is "anime inspired" and practises the same corner cutting style
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 21:07   Link #44
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
They're more original than the SEED designs, but I actually like the SEED designs better. Don't really like the way EVERY female short of Soma has to have a huge rack, and on top of it the bodies are exaggerated. The faces are kinda "meh" as well. Colors and shading are nice though.
Although SEED is my favorite Gundam series so far, I have to say that Gundam 00's character designs are much more appealing to me. At some moment, it seemed to me in SEED as if Athrun, Kira and Kagalli and Lacus were actually quadruplets with different hair and eye colors. Later, this little family was joined by Shinn, Rey and Lunamaria :P
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote