Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 10:17   Link #8561
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Quoted for truth
Remember how Gray noted that Cana hadn't had a single drink on Tenrou Island?

Suddenly that explains so much.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 10:51   Link #8562
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I'm kind of iffy about Cana's victory as it doesn't show me anything about her growth as a wizard other than the fact that she can use Fairy Glitter successfully. I wonder what she'll do if she has to fight a tough opponent who expects her to use the same power she did in this chapter?
She's more of a tactical spellcaster too, she wouldn't be able to show off as much without Fairy Glitter. I'm sure she'll have a proper fight later on, although I don't see her winning, for some reason...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 10:56   Link #8563
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Interesting little chapter, Laxus seems to be getting ready to fight with Orga, which ought to be pretty entertaining, and Jura and especially Cana were impressive, considering how drunk Cana was... Hibiki was pretty smooth with Cana as well, I almost forgot he was supposed to be a player.

I'm getting a bit worried about Kagura though, after seeing Erza's epic victory the only thing she can say is that Erza knows Jellal, seems like she really is obsessed, which will lead to nothing good.

Raven Tail seems like they'll be making a move soon, I'm looking forward to it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 11:31   Link #8564
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
and mashima is still on this whole x793 thing... Did 2years pass while we weren't looking
As said before, it's a mistake. It's likely repeated because there was some overlap in the two chapters being worked on, and this chapter was on the editor's desk as "ready to go" when the last chapter officially came out and was noticed.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:09   Link #8565
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
She's more of a tactical spellcaster too, she wouldn't be able to show off as much without Fairy Glitter. I'm sure she'll have a proper fight later on, although I don't see her winning, for some reason...
Considering she's only standing in for Mystogan because a member of the Magic Council is a guest commentator, and the guests have changed every day so far, I'm thinking she won't be fighting in the battle portion unless Mystogan goes missing or Alexei's little match with Laxus next chapter will be an out-of-tournament thing, which I seriously doubt. (Just look at the next chapter title: "Laxus vs. Alexei".)

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:25   Link #8566
Casshern

I'm not too keen on the Kagura thing tbh. We already know that Jellal was being controlled since he was a kid up until 7 years ago, and anything he did while under Ultear's influence will be forgiven by default. That leaves the last 7 years, which he spent either imprisoned or traveling with Ultear and Meredy. It could be some kind of connection with Ikaruga, but that kind of plot in itself seems kinda shallow, not to mention he was under Ultear's control.

Unless the reasons for Kagura's vendetta are something completely unheard of until now, it just seams like it's leading towards an inevitably sub-par side-story.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:39   Link #8567
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It'd be funny if, like Wendy, she confused the two Gérards and she's actually angry about something Mystogan did.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:41   Link #8568
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I'm not too keen on the Kagura thing tbh. We already know that Jellal was being controlled since he was a kid up until 7 years ago, and anything he did while under Ultear's influence will be forgiven by default. That leaves the last 7 years, which he spent either imprisoned or traveling with Ultear and Meredy. It could be some kind of connection with Ikaruga, but that kind of plot in itself seems kinda shallow, not to mention he was under Ultear's control.

Unless the reasons for Kagura's vendetta are something completely unheard of until now, it just seams like it's leading towards an inevitably sub-par side-story.
Honestly, if Kagura wasn't such an ass kicking buxom badass...I wouldn't give two shits about her vendetta with Jellal, because other than being awesome at fighting, we know nothing of her yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It'd be funny if, like Wendy, she confused the two Gérards and she's actually angry about something Mystogan did.
That would be fun during the explanation part.
"I wasn't me, it was the me from another dimension."
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:43   Link #8569
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

I don't think anyone noticed or just didn't care, but I think we have an appearance of Kinana for the fist time in the manga.
You can see her when the whole guild is shown, she is next to Lisanna and Lilly is between them.

I'm glad that Jura gave of damage x2 of what Orga did and Cana did almost x3. Good way to shut those cocky ST guys. I want for ST to have a battle against the bunny guy and lose!
Not because I think that guy is weak, it's just humiliating to lose to someone dressed like that!

How do you guys think, will FT and RT stand together against what that Arcadios or whatever that guy's name? I think that because I don't see RT being happy to be used like that.

Also while I really want to see Natsu vs Sting, I was thinking about Natsu vs Ichiya. I mean Erza hyped Ichiya as the strongest mage in BP right before Natsu, so he may look forward to fight Ichiya.
Poor Ichiya...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:53   Link #8570
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Also while I really want to see Natsu vs Sting, I was thinking about Natsu vs Ichiya. I mean Erza hyped Ichiya as the strongest mage in BP right before Natsu, so he may look forward to fight Ichiya.
Poor Ichiya...
I can no longer fulfill my dream of seeing Ichiya vs Elfman in a MEN battle. The next best thing to me would be Ichiya fighting Rufus next and actually winning. Yes, that's right, I want Ichiya to beat a member of Sabertooth.

Men~

Also...Wendy vs Sting...because Natsu vs Sting is too mainstream *hipster mode*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 13:45   Link #8571
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I can no longer fulfill my dream of seeing Ichiya vs Elfman in a MEN battle. The next best thing to me would be Ichiya fighting Rufus next and actually winning. Yes, that's right, I want Ichiya to beat a member of Sabertooth.

Men~

Also...Wendy vs Sting...because Natsu vs Sting is too mainstream *hipster mode*
Hahaha would go something like Men~ Oootoko! Men~ Oootoko! Your perfum is absolutely virile men~ Perfum is a MAN!

But yeah, can't wait for Wendy to have her first legit 1v1 fight.
Old 2012-06-02, 15:08   Link #8572
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I remember the punching machine from DBZ
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 15:36   Link #8573
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Hahaha would go something like Men~ Oootoko! Men~ Oootoko! Your perfum is absolutely virile men~ Perfum is a MAN!

I also want to see Wendy in a 1v1, lately i'd really like to see her against Jura (mostly because 2 of the fairy tail girls just said F the wizard saints Fairy Tail breaks stuff.) She doesnt have to win I just want to see her put up a good fight against someone strong like a Sky VS Earth Battle! ..... Men~
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 15:41   Link #8574
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I also want to see Wendy in a 1v1, lately i'd really like to see her against Jura (mostly because 2 of the fairy tail girls just said F the wizard saints Fairy Tail breaks stuff.) She doesnt have to win I just want to see her put up a good fight against someone strong like a Sky VS Earth Battle! ..... Men~
Although the concept is good, I have to say, ARE YOU NUTS!? I don't know if that was implicit hate on Wendy, but the kid just BARELY got her ultimate slayer arts, which btw, if used continuously, would destroy her, and in case you missed it, Makarov just said that Jura as he is now, would make an even match against Gildarts, THE Gildarts, and you want him to fight Wendy. Pick your battles better next time bro^^;;, besides, Jura already battled, so no repeats for now.
Old 2012-06-02, 16:14   Link #8575
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Sting's turning into a joke character. All that sweating.....

I think Cana got too cocky +showoff at the end. Just means that it's going to get bad for FT again.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 19:04   Link #8576
MechR

Quote:
I'm not too keen on the Kagura thing tbh. We already know that Jellal was being controlled since he was a kid up until 7 years ago, and anything he did while under Ultear's influence will be forgiven by default.
He was magically brainwashed onscreen in the anime, but in the manga it looked like "Zeref" just talked him into being an evil dick. That would make him alot more responsible for his actions, even if he was a stressed-out kid at the time.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 19:32   Link #8577
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

CAAANNNAAAAA~!!!

Oh that's a body I never tire of seeing. She wins my 'Best Ass' vote, hands down. Oooh yeaaaah~! A complete sweep of the 1-2 spots, awesome. Jura was awesome too, expected, but awesome none the less. Especially since he made Orga shit his pants by upping him by 2.5 times his score.

MAAVVIS, you loveable, adorable loli, you!! The stuff she's willing to do is just... But it makes her awesome. I'm so glad that she's around - she'll make the anime portion fun when it gets around to this.

Ah, taht was wonderful - great to come back home to some Fairy Tail. And boy, Cana's tail is a sight to behold.... *slap*
Old 2012-06-02, 20:39   Link #8578
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Shut up and take my money!!

P.S: Cana is over 9000!!!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 20:59   Link #8579
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
He was magically brainwashed onscreen in the anime, but in the manga it looked like "Zeref" just talked him into being an evil dick. That would make him alot more responsible for his actions, even if he was a stressed-out kid at the time.
In the manga he gets swept up in Ultear's magic and after that he's clearly lost his mind. Ultear also admitted she had him under her control the whole time and was responsible for everything he did. I don't think Mashima left much room for any blame to be placed on Jellal.
Old 2012-06-02, 23:21   Link #8580
Slayerx

Ugh... i just can't take Cana seriously... She's showing off and acting like a badass for beating the competition with fairy glitter... but... after her PATHETIC performance in the previous arc, i have become completely jaded to the idea that she is one of the more powerful members. Tenrou Island is THE arc where she should have shined and she did nothing but fall flat; i feel like that arc was her final chance after an entire series of doing nothing and thus now, nothing will change my mind... her displaying such great power now feels like nothing more than an ass pull... I just feel that mashima gave her to many failures, too little page time, and waited to long to give her success. i'm just too jaded to care about her and believe she is a powerful mage

in contrast, the smile Mavis gave when she pointed out that she was the one you gave Cana Fairy glitter was adorable and hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I think Cana got too cocky +showoff at the end. Just means that it's going to get bad for FT again.
The next chapter is Laxus vs Alexai (the masked guy on raven tail)... given that the guy seems to be leading the team, is probably the most mysterious member, and the chapter seems to be foreshadowing Raven tail making their move i'm expecting a loss

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen