AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-01-16, 21:10   Link #41
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

By far the worst dubbing I've heard is when Filipinos with our typical Filipino diction and pronunciation try and dub something in English. I remember years ago when I saw my sister watching Digimon on TV and I heard them speak in English. I immediately knew that it was a Filipino dubber speaking in English by the rather... unique way we talk.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 00:35   Link #42
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Unahin mo muna ang "Hare Hare Yukai Kyon version"...

I think kailangan isalin ang Taniguchi version din.
LOL, Minoru Shiraishi~! Okay yan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Nice one Garigari-kun and bhl88. One of the reasons why I started this thread is to welcome constructive criticism on the translations.
Hehe~ thanks CaptGloval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
yup, yet another reason to feel hesitant about your true nationality. i guess Filipinos on their mind are lower class primitives, or something. just screw them, they no nothing that they speak.

yup, those animes in GMA and ABS-CBN (w8, AbS CBN don't seen to air animes anymore, i think) seems to be repeating, as if reminding us that the best animes were in the past, and the present are just a load of bologna. (which i don't believe). yeah, but some animes cannot be aired because we are so "conservative" and such. those foreign cultures may seem alien to the Filipino viewers. and yeah, putting those shows like yuri and the like, say right after TV patrol, or 24 oras, or Willing Willie (whatever you are watching every night, whatever it is), would be a bad idea. i guess Pinoys wanted tear-jerkers, fantasy, and bunch of hair-pulling madness on their primetime.

well, they did good job on dubbing animes, especially Hero. i just kinda wished they would go for more accuracy. they are making a lot of mistakes in translating into animes like Yugioh GX (which i watch evryday). but those new schedules are really a pain.

i might post my translates songs here, that is, if i have the time to type it, hehehe.
Haha~ TV5 had a forum na pede kang magrequest ng anime. But I already watch all of the anime that they aired... Di naman masama kung malayo minsan ang pagkaka-dub sa tagalog. 'Cuz here in the philippines... The person who watch anime they called them 'Isip Bata', Weird.. And who's the person who actually understand Haruhi at first? is it Otaku, right?

But there's some PINOY who loves anime, but some of them tries to hide it (kasi baka tawagin silang isip bata, sira-ulo, o kung ano pa man)

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Garigari-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 04:44   Link #43
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post
But there's some PINOY who loves anime, but some of them tries to hide it (kasi baka tawagin silang isip bata, sira-ulo, o kung ano pa man)
yup, there are actually...... not really uncommon. heck i sometimes experience this. (but i'm not a hardcore anime fun, i watch it because it's interesting, the animation and story and stuff).they kept asking me why do i play J-Rock, it can't be understood by everyone because of it's foreign language. and it is considered weird by some. (and even thought childish or girlish, because most of what i play are K-on songs). just screw them. they no nothing that they speak. loving anime (or it's music) is not degrading, or at least that is what i want to think. does anyone agree?

oh yeah, i love that tagalog version of the Op song of magic knight rayearth. brings back memories....
as for me, i'll try to fix the lyrics more before i post.

RocK-On!!! Pinoys!!!
Old 2011-01-20, 04:46   Link #44
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
These are all I've been watching at this moment..

QTV >>> Yugioh (Eng) and Maid Sama (Tag)

Studio 23 >>>Negima (Tag)

GMA >>> OnePiece (Tag...continue )

KAINIS!!!!!!7-3 and shift ko!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 04:59   Link #45
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Anime is not so much a thing you hide here in the Philippines. Mas accepting lang tayo with it I guess, compared to Western nations siguro. A lot of people watch or have watched anime here if you ask.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 21:21   Link #46
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
yup, there are actually...... not really uncommon. heck i sometimes experience this. (but i'm not a hardcore anime fun, i watch it because it's interesting, the animation and story and stuff).they kept asking me why do i play J-Rock, it can't be understood by everyone because of it's foreign language. and it is considered weird by some. (and even thought childish or girlish, because most of what i play are K-on songs). just screw them. they no nothing that they speak. loving anime (or it's music) is not degrading, or at least that is what i want to think. does anyone agree?

oh yeah, i love that tagalog version of the Op song of magic knight rayearth. brings back memories....
as for me, i'll try to fix the lyrics more before i post.

RocK-On!!! Pinoys!!!
lol, I'm Certified Hardcore Otaku... They can't understand us. Ang buhay nila magkakaparehas lang kasi.. They like to listen Justine Bieber GAY songs! (Make me feel like I want to kick someone.) at di ba nauso K-Pop sa atin? May iilan pa din na nanlalait about anime and jpop/jrock.. Ibabalik ko ang tanong.. "Naiintindihan din ba nila ang pinakikinggan nila na Korean Pop??" Well, maganda kasi ang meaning ng song ng mga japanese.. Close to the Heart.

Basta't wala pa tayong inaapakan na tao.. Ituloy lang natin

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
These are all I've been watching at this moment..

QTV >>> Yugioh (Eng) and Maid Sama (Tag)

Studio 23 >>>Negima (Tag)

GMA >>> OnePiece (Tag...continue )

KAINIS!!!!!!7-3 and shift ko!!!!!

lol, Kaichou wa Maid-sama same here... I'm just wondering lang kung bagay ba ang boses ni Usui at Misaki sa tagalog xD

Negima natapos ko na lahat di ko pa din napapanood yung tagalog..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anime is not so much a thing you hide here in the Philippines. Mas accepting lang tayo with it I guess, compared to Western nations siguro. A lot of people watch or have watched anime here if you ask.
Haha~ I second that motion

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"

Last edited by Garigari-kun; 2011-01-22 at 00:40.
Old 2011-01-21, 04:53   Link #47
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
lol, I'm Certified Hardcore Otaku... They can't understand us. Ang buhay nila magkakaparehas lang kasi.. They like to listen Justine Bieber GAY songs! (Make me feel like I want to kick someone.) at di ba nauso K-Pop sa atin? May iilan pa din na nanlalait about anime and jpop/jrock.. Ibabalik ko ang tanong.. "Naiintindihan din ba nila ang pinakikinggan nila na Korean Pop??" Well, maganda kasi ang meaning ng song ng mga japanese.. Close to the Heart.

Basta't wala pa tayong inaapakan na tao.. Ituloy lang natin
hehehe. hell yeah. he's gay!!! hehehhe...

basta, i agree, that's it.
Old 2011-01-22, 00:41   Link #48
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

lol, Ang mahalaga tayo ay masaya at wag natin isipin ang sasabihin ng iba.
Sila ang may problema

I want to meet you all guys!

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-22, 01:38   Link #49
NoemiChan
Banned

Smile

Quote:
lol, Kaichou wa Maid-sama same here... I'm just wondering lang kung bagay ba ang boses ni Usui at Misaki sa tagalog xD

Negima natapos ko na lahat di ko pa din napapanood yung tagalog..

Maid-Sama >>>Ok, lang nman yong boses ni Usui.
Negima >>>Duty ko 7-3pm wa me time para makanood.
Old 2011-01-22, 20:42   Link #50
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

I almost laugh in this fandub

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-27, 09:37   Link #51
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^ Oh no you have posted the abomination!

Anyway, here's some more nostalgia...

The Blue Blink OP seems to be missing something. ("Ako si Blink...")
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 04:22   Link #52
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:

I almost laugh in this fandub
i didn't even knew they had this show on tv5..... when did that happen? (i couldn't really relax these days, let alone watch some tv, so i'm outdated).

seriously, when did this happen? any good? (i always wanted to watch Haruhi, hehe).
Old 2011-01-28, 04:52   Link #53
NoemiChan
Banned

whats nice about the Filipino is because we can translate English statements easily in to Filipino but in a quite many different ways depending on how the translator understands or thinks the appropriate translation should be, thats the same reason why we "mistranslate" english dubbings... heheheh , grabe talaga, pag ginawang English ang Hapon, nag-iiba, eh pano pa pag ginawang Filipino, debs vah??
Old 2011-01-28, 06:29   Link #54
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
I still think that the music or melody is more important than the lyrics or whether it can be understood... (for me, as long as I get addicted to the song, the music is good).
Old 2011-01-28, 09:21   Link #55
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
whats nice about the Filipino is because we can translate English statements easily in to Filipino but in a quite many different ways depending on how the translator understands or thinks the appropriate translation should be, thats the same reason why we "mistranslate" english dubbings... heheheh , grabe talaga, pag ginawang English ang Hapon, nag-iiba, eh pano pa pag ginawang Filipino, debs vah??
lol true, kaso meron din naman tayong mga anime na diretso mula sa japanese kinuha (since nauna tayo magkaron ng broadcast rights or something).
Old 2011-01-30, 03:54   Link #56
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Quote:
i didn't even knew they had this show on tv5..... when did that happen? (i couldn't really relax these days, let alone watch some tv, so i'm outdated).

seriously, when did this happen? any good? (i always wanted to watch Haruhi, hehe).
Damn! di ko na pinapanood kaso nakita ko lang iyan.. What's wrong with them kung bakit pinutol pa nila...

"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-01-31, 19:55   Link #57
NoemiChan
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Damn! di ko na pinapanood kaso nakita ko lang iyan.. What's wrong with them kung bakit pinutol pa nila...
Kya nga eh, an dami anime pinalabas sa TV5 noon, like DGrayman, Shakugan no Shana. Yamato Nadeshiko, Code Geass, Coyote Ragtime Show, Gundam 00 season 1, Lucky Star at Golgo 13...

Bwisit si Willie, Bwisit na LUpet!! at BWISIT Zamboanga Regional Networks na nangaagaw3 ng time slot, tuwiong week ends!!!!
Old 2011-02-16, 10:42   Link #58
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Gonna resurrect this thread with this:

It's not really a satisfactory translation for me because it seems to be translated from the lyrics of an English fandub and instead of using the Philippine National Anthem where it's supposed to be sang, it's a Tagalog translation of The Star Spangled Banner. However, the effort is noteworthy since not many Filipino fandubs complete the song, but this one did a medley.
Old 2011-02-16, 11:24   Link #59
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Niconico Douga is that an anime?
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 07:10   Link #60
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

ckmox,
Nico Nico Douga is a Japanese user-uploaded video streaming site. Think of it as a Japanese Youtube. Kumikyoku Nico Nico Douga is a fan-made medley compiling famous tunes from that site from 2007 and earlier. The medley is mostly composed of anime, game and Jpop music.

I just noticed that he also did not sing the Mojipittan/Tsurupettan part. It would be hilarious to hear him sing about "mga babaeng patag ang dibdib" or to be straight to the point, "mga babaeng walang boobs!"

Meanwhile, guess who made an updated version to her Tenshi ni Fureta yo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5YaiNECGc

This latest effort is very impressive because of an attempt to sing the song in the voices of Mio, Ritsu, Yui and Mugi in their respective parts.

Tags
song lyrics, translation